Old 01-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: Aldo - Edgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
No He doesnt, He is a low output guy and was as gassed as Aldo himself thats why He couldnt get one final surge. The closest thing to Edgar is Bendo (more economical) and Edgars non stop moving.
Sounds like you've watched a lot of Hominick fights.

Also, he was no where near as gassed as Aldo. That's absurd.

You are the first person to ever say a single negative thing about Hominick in terms of cardio. It's probably the only area where he is free from criticism.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
dillinja

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
No He doesnt, He is a low output guy and was as gassed as Aldo himself thats why He couldnt get one final surge. The closest thing to Edgar is Bendo (more economical) and Edgars non stop moving.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #19
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I'm a Frankie guy because of the underdog status and heart.

Look for him to use speed, movement and energy to defuse the power, tire him out and put him on his back. Though Aldo is ALWAYS dangerous and Frankie is literally begging for some to hurt and finish him
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #20
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Frankie has the better wins and by all rights should be the current lightweight champion. I like Edgar to upset Aldo who may fall into the trap of being complacent and believing his own press clippings that he cannot lose.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #21
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post

Also, he was no where near as gassed as Aldo. That's absurd.

You are the first person to ever say a single negative thing about Hominick in terms of cardio. It's probably the only area where he is free from criticism.

Hominick is quite possibly the most technical stand up guy at 145. The problem with him is that He is too damn patient at times hence for the low output.

Hominicks cardio is good but He is not close to Edgar and I love Hominick (watched him for years). Edgars movement alone will tire 90% of MMA fighters.

Edgar>Bendo>Hominick>Aldo cardio wise. That is my point. I could care less who wins.

I want a good fight and I am merely stating that based on the Hominick fight and what I saw of Aldo against Mark, I'm picking Edgar. His chances improves if He doesnt get bulldozed in the first minutes.

Hominicks stand up troubled Aldo abit and Edgars boxing is just as good, more movement and speed, endless cardio and wrestling.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 AM   #22
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Aldo will win. Edgar has a tendency to get leg kicked and you dont want to be leg kicked by Aldo just ask Faber
Frankie Edgar has a tendency to get leg kicked? Thats news to me.
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #23
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
Bendo is bigger than Aldo for sure. However, Aldo's leg kicks are quicker, harder to catch, and once Frankie does catch them, Aldo's balance is insane. Also, for someone who doesn't have a base in wrestling, Aldo's very good at keeping his legs underneath him.

I think Edgar is going to have a hard time taking him down, for a few reasons, but one being Aldo is smaller and more compact then Bendo/BJ. it is harder to get in and wrap him up.
If edgar doesnt take him down ill ban myself for 1 year from this mma chat.
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Im betting the house on Jose then...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 AM   #25
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmaldito View Post
Frankie Edgar has a tendency to get leg kicked? Thats news to me.
He got dropped by Bendo more than once from leg kicks
Primate is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #26
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbonnie View Post
Heart says Edgar, but head says Aldo

its a funny match up. When you add up strenghts and weaknesses, it nearly seems a mismatch in Aldos favour,

But i always go back to Edgars fights with Bj Penn, and not the BJ of now, but the one who we all thought was absolutely unbeatable at 155lbs, and then his fights against that monstrously huge Grey Maynard.

so when you look at them fights against Penn and Maynard, i find it hard to believe he can lose this fight. and you could easily look at his two "losses" to Henderson, and actually call them results the other way round. I personally thought he won both fights, but they where close

Aldo definetly has the advantage while standing. But i think Edgars biggest attribute in this fight if big fight experince, and his general fight intelligence.

Aldo hasnt been tested yet. Id love to see him really pushed to his limits. I wonder how he'll react?

Edgar on the other hand has been neck deep in *hit, yet come out the other end smelling of roses.

i gotta admit, im looking forward to this fight more than any UFC fight in recent memory. I can barely wait. Its going to immense
I feel exactly the same way.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbonnie View Post
Heart says Edgar, but head says Aldo

its a funny match up. When you add up strenghts and weaknesses, it nearly seems a mismatch in Aldos favour,

But i always go back to Edgars fights with Bj Penn, and not the BJ of now, but the one who we all thought was absolutely unbeatable at 155lbs, and then his fights against that monstrously huge Grey Maynard.

so when you look at them fights against Penn and Maynard, i find it hard to believe he can lose this fight. and you could easily look at his two "losses" to Henderson, and actually call them results the other way round. I personally thought he won both fights, but they where close

Aldo definetly has the advantage while standing. But i think Edgars biggest attribute in this fight if big fight experince, and his general fight intelligence.

Aldo hasnt been tested yet. Id love to see him really pushed to his limits. I wonder how he'll react?

Edgar on the other hand has been neck deep in *hit, yet come out the other end smelling of roses.

i gotta admit, im looking forward to this fight more than any UFC fight in recent memory. I can barely wait. Its going to immense
None of this bears any resembelance on Jose Aldo, Aldo is faster than Edgar, in every department, hand speed, footwork, kicking, everywhere!

Edgar has enjoyed a speed advantage over almost every single opponent he's faced at 155, Aldo will be too fast and too powerful for Frankie, he's going to knock him out!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #28
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmaldito View Post
If edgar doesnt take him down ill ban myself for 1 year from this mma chat.
Id be getting ready for one year away from this forum then mate
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #29
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Frankie is finally fighting a guy that is just as fast as he is.

If Frankie tries to catch Aldo's kicks, I could see a knee pushing his chin through the back of his skull.

I got Aldo via some hightlight reel shit in the 2nd.
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #30
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

Aldo definitely doesn't have the better foot speed. Hand speed is about even, I'd say. It comes down to Edgar's movement vs. Aldo's movement killing leg kicks and whether he can find the range for them. Also, whether or not Aldo can hold off Frankie's wrestling.

I don't understand people calling a blow-out for Aldo. 1st round TKO? Really? Against Frankie ****ing Edgar?
El Bujia is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum