Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #46
Ncc84
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 847
vCash: 160
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

[quote=JAB5239;14646057]
Quote:


Side shows? They were on USA friday night fights and ESPN Thursday night fights with other fighters seen as rising prospects, plus Sports Illustrated article and cover on KO mag. so your side show theory is out the window. And Im interested, how exactly were they set up to fail? Non descript? Wasn't sergey Kobozov on the Russian national team? Didn't he beat John Ruiz and was seen as a potential star at cruiserweight? Sorry but your post has massive holes in it that Im exposing. Maybe you need to provide more facts and details and less conjecture.




Lol, people like me? You have 6 posts, you don't know a thing about me. And what is it I have defamed? I've pointed out facts, just like I've done with you. This isn't any kind of vehement crusade. It's called educating those who don't know what they're talking about (BadDog) and seek to rewrite the truth (you). Im happy more nations are allowed to compete professionally now. I don't judge fighters like many on here. As long as they're exciting I don't care what race, color, mationality or religeon they are, so stop being se presumtious.
sergey Kobozov [sic] is a good example because he wasn't one of the best Eastern Bloc fighters in his weight class as an amateur. He wasn't representing USSR in the major tournaments, and yet he was still able to do well as a pro, he beat john ruiz and came close to winning a world title.
So it is not hard to believe the the better amateurs may have been more successful had they turned pro.

Although some Eastern Bloc amateurs turned pro at the start of the 90s, not many of the better amateurs did.
Ncc84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #47
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

[quote=Ncc84;14646514]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post

sergey Kobozov [sic] is a good example because he wasn't one of the best Eastern Bloc fighters in his weight class as an amateur. He wasn't representing USSR in the major tournaments, and yet he was still able to do well as a pro, he beat john ruiz and came close to winning a world title.
So it is not hard to believe the the better amateurs may have been more successful had they turned pro.

Although some Eastern Bloc amateurs turned pro at the start of the 90s, not many of the better amateurs did.
Kobozov was one of the better amateurs. Maybe not the best, but up there with the best. I'd be interested if anyone had any info on the other russians who originally came over. Kobozov was the only one I remebered and I haven't been able to dig much else up.
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #48
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Another foolish uninformed post. The Russians were brought over in '89 by Dennis Rappaport and promoted by Top Rank. Learn something about what you're talking about before opening your mouth. That's a bad habit you have.
Who was brought in? They brought in 5 boxers from the same club as an experiment. They were not even the best in Eastern Europe. One of them was Alexander Zolkin who actually went on to fight for a WBO title against Akiwande.
So they did an experiment and brought 5 guys from same club so what? lol
Stay in TKO 6 thread where I embarrassed you in front of your fellow trolls. You are not a knowledgeable poster at all.

They did not have any promotional companies back then in EE. Certain fighters were lucky to get a chance to come to America to fight in the early 90s or in 89. Most didn't have that chance.
BadDog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #49
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

[quote=Ncc84;14646514]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post

sergey Kobozov [sic] is a good example because he wasn't one of the best Eastern Bloc fighters in his weight class as an amateur. He wasn't representing USSR in the major tournaments, and yet he was still able to do well as a pro, he beat john ruiz and came close to winning a world title.
So it is not hard to believe the the better amateurs may have been more successful had they turned pro.

Although some Eastern Bloc amateurs turned pro at the start of the 90s, not many of the better amateurs did.
don't argue with jab239, just go to TKO6 thread to see how dumb he is. He is just a troll who gets owned in every argument, and then starts insulting everybody. He has no knowledge of boxing at all, he just a racist who hates all the EE fighters.
BadDog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #50
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Soon if Cubans will be allowed to go pro, the HW division will become even stronger. Imagine Stevenson or Savon fighting at HW back in a day.
BadDog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #51
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
Who was brought in? They brought in 5 boxers from the same club as an experiment. They were not even the best in Eastern Europe. One of them was Alexander Zolkin who actually went on to fight for a WBO title against Akiwande.
So they did an experiment and brought 5 guys from same club so what? lol
Stay in TKO 6 thread where I embarrassed you in front of your fellow trolls. You are not a knowledgeable poster at all.

They did not have any promotional companies back then in EE. Certain fighters were lucky to get a chance to come to America to fight in the early 90s or in 89. Most didn't have that chance.
Show me one link that says they were brought in as an experiment. You won't because just like your other claim I exposed you cant. You're agenda is obvious. And I'll put my knowledge of this sport against you any day. You're my bitch.
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #52
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

[quote=BadDog;14648679]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncc84 View Post

don't argue with jab239, just go to TKO6 thread to see how dumb he is. He is just a troll who gets owned in every argument, and then starts insulting everybody. He has no knowledge of boxing at all, he just a racist who hates all the EE fighters.
Your lying propaganda just shows you to be the butthurt troll you are.
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #53
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Show me one link that says they were brought in as an experiment. You won't because just like your other claim I exposed you cant. You're agenda is obvious. And I'll put my knowledge of this sport against you any day. You're my bitch.
So Vitaly destroyed you favorite fighters, so what? So the Klitschkos made all the British boxers look like amateurs, so what? So Vitaly chased Lewis into retirement and went on to make money, so what? So now you went crazy and dedicated your life to hate Klitschkos and all EE fighters,so what? So you don't have any boxing knowledge, so what? so you deny common knowledge, so what?
BadDog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #54
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
So Vitaly destroyed you favorite fighters, so what? So the Klitschkos made all the British boxers look like amateurs, so what? So Vitaly chased Lewis into retirement and went on to make money, so what? So now you went crazy and dedicated your life to hate Klitschkos and all EE fighters,so what? So you don't have any boxing knowledge, so what? so you deny common knowledge, so what?
Again, no link. So what!!
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #55
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Again, no link. So what!!
so even though you ignored all the links I posted before, you ask for links to the things that are obvious facts to any person who has even a little knowledge of boxing, so what?
so now you also want a link that shows that pro boxing was prohibited in USSR and you claim I'm just making it up, so what?
so after you tried to prove that HW are old at 30 and I posted link to boxrec that shows that even new fighters at HW are over 30, you ignored them, So what?
So you promised to leave ESB after I proved you wrong in the HW boxer age discussion, and you are still here, So what?
So you have 0 credibility now, So what?

I was laughing my ass off when you tried to prove that HWs are old at 30 when you can go to boxrec and see their ages for yourself.
And then you said if I could prove you wrong you will leave ESB, and when I did you just started swearing at me lol.
BadDog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #56
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
so even though you ignored all the links I posted before, you ask for links to the things that are obvious facts to any person who has even a little knowledge of boxing, so what?
so now you also want a link that shows that pro boxing was prohibited in USSR and you claim I'm just making it up, so what?
so after you tried to prove that HW are old at 30 and I posted link to boxrec that shows that even new fighters at HW are over 30, you ignored them, So what?
So you promised to leave ESB after I proved you wrong in the HW boxer age discussion, and you are still here, So what?
So you have 0 credibility now, So what?

I was laughing my ass off when you tried to prove that HWs are old at 30 when you can go to boxrec and see their ages for yourself.
And then you said if I could prove you wrong you will leave ESB, and when I did you just started swearing at me lol.
Lol you posted a boxrec link that that had nothing to do with what we were talking about. And as usual you're lying. Link where I said fighters were old at 30. Just like this topic you can't because its not true. Its why I ran you out of the other thread with your rain in between your legs simpering. I own you son,
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #57
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Lol you posted a boxrec link that that had nothing to do with what we were talking about. And as usual you're lying. Link where I said fighters were old at 30. Just like this topic you can't because its not true. Its why I ran you out of the other thread with your rain in between your legs simpering. I own you son,
the link to where your saying that HW boxers are old at 30 is your TKO 6 thread.
And in this thread your trying to prove that in 89 USSR had pro boxing promotional companies and fighters could come to US when they wished?
That ridiculous, pro-boxing was highly illegal there. Pro boxing became legal in 1993 in Russia and later in some other republics. Fighters like Zolkin could come to US only under certain circumstances or when they defected.
Now show me the link that pro boxing was legal in USSR and they had rpo boxing promotional companies there to prove your point. The first one was probably created in 2000 something.
BadDog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #58
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 295
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
Who was brought in? They brought in 5 boxers from the same club as an experiment. They were not even the best in Eastern Europe. One of them was Alexander Zolkin who actually went on to fight for a WBO title against Akiwande.
So they did an experiment and brought 5 guys from same club so what? lol
Stay in TKO 6 thread where I embarrassed you in front of your fellow trolls. You are not a knowledgeable poster at all.

They did not have any promotional companies back then in EE. Certain fighters were lucky to get a chance to come to America to fight in the early 90s or in 89. Most didn't have that chance.
Was Sergei Kobozov one of the original five? I seem to recall Sergei Artyemiev(sp) being another. At the risk of jabs calling me a bunch of names, I am to lazy to look it up.

A lot of good it did Kobozov anyways, being killed by the Russian(Jewish) Mob.

I suppose Jabs is going to want multiple links and several notorized documents verifing that fact.
Kevin Willis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:49 AM   #59
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
the link to where your saying that HW boxers are old at 30 is your TKO 6 thread.
And in this thread your trying to prove that in 89 USSR had pro boxing promotional companies and fighters could come to US when they wished?
That ridiculous, pro-boxing was highly illegal there. Pro boxing became legal in 1993 in Russia and later in some other republics. Fighters like Zolkin could come to US only under certain circumstances or when they defected.
Now show me the link that pro boxing was legal in USSR and they had rpo boxing promotional companies there to prove your point. The first one was probably created in 2000 something.
Show where I ever said boxers were old at 30. As usual you won't because you can't. Its a fact, and I provided links, that people start to physically decline in there early 30's and that is the reason the average pro athlete is retired by 33, another fact I provided links for.

Son you're an imbecile. You said if eastern Europeans could have competed back than they would have dominated. I proved otherwise and you can't accept the reality of it. You will never out debate me because you no shit about this sport and you can't back up your lame points. And whether boxing was legal or illegal in the USSR at that time is irrelevant to this discussion. I've proved my point, you're just trying to twist the parameters like you always do when you can't counter the facts.

Lol, still my bitch!!
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #60
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What if the Soviets had always been allowed to fight in the pro ranks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Willis View Post
Was Sergei Kobozov one of the original five? I seem to recall Sergei Artyemiev(sp) being another. At the risk of jabs calling me a bunch of names, I am to lazy to look it up.

A lot of good it did Kobozov anyways, being killed by the Russian(Jewish) Mob.

I suppose Jabs is going to want multiple links and several notorized documents verifing that fact.
What should I call you, a good poster? Obviously you're not or you would counter my points with some facts. Everything I laid out is factual, there's no getting around it.
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013