Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1233
Default Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

I'll start off first saying Donaire is an extraordinary fighter and has the potential to become an atg especially with the talent around his weight class. I actually like Donaire as a fighter when he's on his game. But with that said, I feel he loses to Rigondeaux. Ironically I think Rigo loses to Mares and Mares loses to Donaire. Donaire>Rigo>Mares>Donaire Styles makes fights.

Donaire is similar to his other pinoy companion, Pacquiao where they both strive on fighters bringing the fight to them. That's why he was itching to fight Arce for the longest and why he'd beat Mares. If you look at his fights with Narvrez or Mathebula, he didn't look as good. He even blamed his lack of performance on them being in defensive mode.

Unfortunately for Donaire, while they were in defensive mode, Mathebula was outlanding him 231 punches to Donaire's 151. Narvarez was even up on a good amount of people's scorecards after 5 rounds vs Donaire.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nonito has relied heavily on his speed, power, size and footwork to win him a number of fights. Combine that with his counterpunching style, he used his opponent's aggression against them and punched at the openings THEY CREATED. The reason he struggled with Narvrez and Mathebula is because they didn't give Donaire any openings, and Donaire doesn't know how to create them himself. Against Rigo, he'll find this immensely more difficult.

Yes Rigo has a suspect chin (so all the people picking him to lose based off that can shut up now). But that won't matter in this fight. Donaire can knock out any opponent with one shot, but he wasn't able to do it vs Mathebula or Narvrez. Donaire is going to have too hard of a time just trying to hit Rigo.

Rigondeaux is going to go out there and present no openings to Donaire and use his foot/headmovements to avoid anything big from Donaire. Yes Donaire is fast, but he tenses up and loads often with his punches, especially when he's frustrated. Rigondeaux has over 300 fights and can identify these things and anticipate his attacks. While Donaire is leaping forward trying to land his left hook, Rigondeaux is going to be countering him with his famous straight left.

No fighter in the game today is better at timing the straight left than Rigo and he'll be able to do it every time Donaire tips him off. When Donaire is in front of a defensive fighter, he tends to get very basic. Little feinting, showboating, dropping his hands, no body punching, no jab. The only thing I wonder about in this fight is how Donaire is going to take Rigondeaux's punch. If he tries coming forward and dropping his hands like he did vs Mathebula, then he may get stopped.

Last edited by bballchump11; 01-27-2013 at 01:23 AM. Reason: onepunchko is a faggot
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I'll start off first saying Donaire is an extraordinary fighter and has the potential to become an atg especially with the talent around his weight class. I actually like Donaire as a fighter when he's on his game. But with that said, I feel he loses to Rigondeaux. Ironically I think Rigo loses to Mares and Mares loses to Donaire. Donaire>Rigo>Mares>Donaire Styles makes fights.

Donaire is similar to his other pinoy companion, Pacquiao where they both strive on fighters bringing the fight to them. That's why he was itching to fight Arce for the longest and why he'd beat Mares. If you look at his fights with Narvrez or Mathebula, he didn't look as good. He even blamed his lack of performance on them being in defensive mode.

Unfortunately for Donaire, while they were in defensive mode, Mathebula was outlanding him 231 punches to Donaire's 151. Narvarez was even up on a good amount of people's scorecards after 5 rounds vs Donaire.

Nonito has relied heavily on his speed, power, size and footwork to win him a number of fights. Combine that with his counterpunching style, he used his opponent's aggression against them and punched at the openings THEY CREATED. The reason he struggled with Narvrez and Mathebula is because they didn't give Donaire any openings, and Donaire doesn't know how to create them himself. Against Rigo, he'll find this immensely more difficult.

Yes Rigo has a suspect chin (so all the people picking him to lose based off that can shut up now). But that won't matter in this fight. Donaire can knock out any opponent with one shot, but he wasn't able to do it vs Mathebula or Narvrez. Donaire is going to have too hard of a time just trying to hit Rigo.

Rigondeaux is going to go out there and present no openings to Donaire and use his foot/headmovements to avoid anything big from Donaire. Yes Donaire is fast, but he tenses up and loads often with his punches, especially when he's frustrated. Rigondeaux has over 300 fights and can identify these things and anticipate his attacks. While Donaire is leaping forward trying to land his left hook, Rigondeaux is going to be countering him with his famous straight left.

No fighter in the game today is better at timing the straight left than Rigo and he'll be able to do it every time Donaire tips him off. When Donaire is in front of a defensive fighter, he tends to get very basic. Little feinting, showboating, dropping his hands, no body punching, no jab. The only thing I wonder about in this fight is how Donaire is going to take Rigondeaux's punch. If he tries coming forward and dropping his hands like he did vs Mathebula, then he may get stopped.
good observation. i'm with you on this. i see Donaire being very confused and frustrated while getting picked apart. he lacks patients and the ability to adjust. of course donaire can KO Rigo, but he's going to have to go thru hell to do it. trust and believe Nonito hasn't seen anything like Rigo.

i hope this fight happens.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
good observation. i'm with you on this. i see Donaire being very confused and frustrated while getting picked apart. he lacks patients and the ability to adjust. of course donaire can KO Rigo, but he's going to have to go thru hell to do it. trust and believe Nonito hasn't seen anything like Rigo.

i hope this fight happens.
exactly and that's a big key there. What happens when you don't want to open up? Donaire starts jumping all over the place, drops his hands or leaps forward with telegraphed hooks.
All 3 of those can be doom vs Rigo. Teon Kennedy couldn't even take a tip toe step forward w/o being countered
Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I might stupid and should shut the **** up but Rigo was wobbled by Robert ''who?'' Marroquin. You think Donaire wouldn't catch him? Donaire ain't that bad against defensives fighters that you are making him to be.

I'm not that impressed with Rigo. Donaire is a HUGE step up for him if it happens. Everyone can look against medicore opponents.
Consu is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I happen to agree with you that Rigo beats Nonentity.

But don't you think Rigo needs a solid workout before taking the fight given his recent lack of activity?

In any event, I agree with the guy who posted that Vic will be Nonentity's next opponent.

Rigo's starting to look like the least likely option. If you're right with your analysis, with good reason.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post
I might stupid and should shut the **** up but Rigo was wobbled by Robert ''who?'' Marroquin. You think Donaire wouldn't catch him? Donaire ain't that bad against defensives fighters that you are making him to be.

I'm not that impressed with Rigo. Donaire is a HUGE step up for him if it happens. Everyone can look against medicore opponents.
Donaire got caught showboating in the corner. I'm assuming he wouldn't do that vs Donaire, but who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
I happen to agree with you that Rigo beats Nonentity.

But don't you think Rigo needs a solid workout before taking the fight given his recent lack of activity?

In any event, I agree with the guy who posted that Vic will be Nonentity's next opponent.

Rigo's starting to look like the least likely option. If you're right with your analysis, with good reason.
yeah I think he does need to stay sharp. Like I said, Donaire is still a very good fighter and he'll need to be on alert all 12 rounds, because one shot can end it all
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Donaire isnt Pacquiao and his shots aren't telegraphed. He's also the fastest, hardest hitting and explosive fighter at 126 and below. Donaire isn't dumb enough to just jump in wide open on a guy that can only counter punch. Donaire will wait Rigo out and see his chance and he will take UT and Rigo wont be standing after that.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
exactly and that's a big key there. What happens when you don't want to open up? Donaire starts jumping all over the place, drops his hands or leaps forward with telegraphed hooks.
All 3 of those can be doom vs Rigo. Teon Kennedy couldn't even take a tip toe step forward w/o being countered
exactly. Nonito's downfall is that he always wants an "entertaining fight". the boo's from the crowd makes him throw his gameplan out the window. so he'll start throwing wide looping 1punch KO shots. that's dinner time for a sharp shooter like Rigo who seems to never lose his cool in the ring.

still, it's winnable for donaire because of his speed and power but i see a UD victory for Rigo or a nasty body shot KO.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
HitBattousai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1375

Rigo doesn't have the size of Mathebula for Donaire to contend with while playing defense though, and his chin seems to be very fragile by comparison as well. And while Rigo's defense is good, he's been hurt badly by far lesser fighters. Donaire stops Rigo imo.
HitBattousai is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #10
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

easy..
donair can sit and go defensive mode. igts rigo that will do the punching and paying for it
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #11
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
easy..
donair can sit and go defensive mode. igts rigo that will do the punching and paying for it
Donaire is a good "boxer" but he's no defensive wizard. he gets hit often.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quality post bball.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #13
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Would I be right in saying Rigo does not throw so many punches because he is very defensive. I see Rigo being stopped by Donaire mid to late on.
And BBallchump, you use a video of a punch landed on Pac 2008 and 2011 but why??
That is one punch its not like Pac was getting caught with it every time it is thrown
Godsavethequeen is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #14
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsavethequeen View Post
Would I be right in saying Rigo does not throw so many punches because he is very defensive. I see Rigo being stopped by Donaire mid to late on.
And BBallchump, you use a video of a punch landed on Pac 2008 and 2011 but why??
That is one punch its not like Pac was getting caught with it every time it is thrown
here's one from 2012

Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #15
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
Donaire is a good "boxer" but he's no defensive wizard. he gets hit often.
rigo is 33. prime age when chins get shattered.
DobyZhee is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum