"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
here's one from 2012

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And all are pointless and mean nothing when talking about a Rigo/ Mares fight. Is this a closet pac hate thread?
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #17
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsavethequeen View Post
Would I be right in saying Rigo does not throw so many punches because he is very defensive. I see Rigo being stopped by Donaire mid to late on.
And BBallchump, you use a video of a punch landed on Pac 2008 and 2011 but why??
That is one punch its not like Pac was getting caught with it every time it is thrown
It's not to diss Pacquiao. It was just the best gif I could find to demonstrate my point that the quickest point from point A to B is a line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Quality post bball.
thanks dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Donaire isnt Pacquiao and his shots aren't telegraphed. He's also the fastest, hardest hitting and explosive fighter at 126 and below. Donaire isn't dumb enough to just jump in wide open on a guy that can only counter punch. Donaire will wait Rigo out and see his chance and he will take UT and Rigo wont be standing after that.
If you think Donaire is patient enough then you can go on thinking that. I just don't know if he will. If he fights him like he did Nishioka, then he has a very good chance of beating Rigo. Idk if he will though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
exactly. Nonito's downfall is that he always wants an "entertaining fight". the boo's from the crowd makes him throw his gameplan out the window. so he'll start throwing wide looping 1punch KO shots. that's dinner time for a sharp shooter like Rigo who seems to never lose his cool in the ring.

still, it's winnable for donaire because of his speed and power but i see a UD victory for Rigo or a nasty body shot KO.
yeah good point. He has the Amir Khan in him trying to please the crowd too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitBattousai View Post
Rigo doesn't have the size of Mathebula for Donaire to contend with while playing defense though, and his chin seems to be very fragile by comparison as well. And while Rigo's defense is good, he's been hurt badly by far lesser fighters. Donaire stops Rigo imo.
it could very well be true. I'm only making a best guess based off of what I've seen from both guys and their tendencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
easy..
donair can sit and go defensive mode. igts rigo that will do the punching and paying for it
I actually could see Rigo getting caught leading with a left to the body like this
I don't see him having to lead much in this fight though
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #18
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

yup because nonito fights exactly like pacquiao
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #19
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1606

If DOnaire fights Rigo you will see Rigo totally unconscious

Seriously the fights need no brake up. Rigo can't take Donaire's power he has been hit and hurt by lesser fighters. He will get hit at some point and the fight is over. You guys get obsessed with a certain style of fighters but being slick is not enough. You need the other qualities it's not only the combination of styles. Rigo might have the right style to upset Donaire but he doesn't have the durability to do it and he'll get his ass KOed. Donaire is not Pac and man Rigo is not JMM.
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #20
Changfoo
Titanium
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 891

Rigonglass will shatter.
Changfoo is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #21
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
<snip the blah, blah, blah>

Nonito has relied heavily on his speed, power, size and footwork to win him a number of fights. Combine that with his counterpunching style, he used his opponent's aggression against them and punched at the openings THEY CREATED. The reason he struggled with Narvrez and Mathebula is because they didn't give Donaire any openings, and Donaire doesn't know how to create them himself. Against Rigo, he'll find this immensely more difficult. <snip more blah, blah, blah>
He did exactly this against the number one in the division, Nishioka. He opened him like an oyster and stole his pearl.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
He did exactly this against the number one in the division, Nishioka. He opened him like an oyster and stole his pearl.
For once we are on the same wavelength he fought fighters that were bad match ups for him and learned something in the process that he demonstrated against Nishoka
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

As i always said about this match up, if Rigo survives he wins UD but his chin is(at least for now) very very suspect, so i just think it will be Donaire TKO but i will cheer on Rigo he is amazing boxer love watching him but his chin makes me worry, if he had iron chin i would not doubt that he wins against Donaire.
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #24
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

good points....I feel Donaire's gonna be mad and trying to go for the kill too so you might be right but I just don't see Rigo avoiding everything for 12 rounds from a fighter as fast and as Donaire, he's gonna get touched at some point and if you're getting touched and hurt by the likes of Marroquin then Donaire will put you to sleep imo. I truly think Mares stands a better chance cause he's iron chinned and will outhustle Nonito in several rounds, maybe even enough to tip the decision as judges always prefer his style.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #25
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I'll start off first saying Donaire is an extraordinary fighter and has the potential to become an atg especially with the talent around his weight class. I actually like Donaire as a fighter when he's on his game. But with that said, I feel he loses to Rigondeaux. Ironically I think Rigo loses to Mares and Mares loses to Donaire. Donaire>Rigo>Mares>Donaire Styles makes fights.

Donaire is similar to his other pinoy companion, Pacquiao where they both strive on fighters bringing the fight to them. That's why he was itching to fight Arce for the longest and why he'd beat Mares. If you look at his fights with Narvrez or Mathebula, he didn't look as good. He even blamed his lack of performance on them being in defensive mode.

Unfortunately for Donaire, while they were in defensive mode, Mathebula was outlanding him 231 punches to Donaire's 151. Narvarez was even up on a good amount of people's scorecards after 5 rounds vs Donaire.

Nonito has relied heavily on his speed, power, size and footwork to win him a number of fights. Combine that with his counterpunching style, he used his opponent's aggression against them and punched at the openings THEY CREATED. The reason he struggled with Narvrez and Mathebula is because they didn't give Donaire any openings, and Donaire doesn't know how to create them himself. Against Rigo, he'll find this immensely more difficult.

Yes Rigo has a suspect chin (so all the people picking him to lose based off that can shut up now). But that won't matter in this fight. Donaire can knock out any opponent with one shot, but he wasn't able to do it vs Mathebula or Narvrez. Donaire is going to have too hard of a time just trying to hit Rigo.

Rigondeaux is going to go out there and present no openings to Donaire and use his foot/headmovements to avoid anything big from Donaire. Yes Donaire is fast, but he tenses up and loads often with his punches, especially when he's frustrated. Rigondeaux has over 300 fights and can identify these things and anticipate his attacks. While Donaire is leaping forward trying to land his left hook, Rigondeaux is going to be countering him with his famous straight left.

No fighter in the game today is better at timing the straight left than Rigo and he'll be able to do it every time Donaire tips him off. When Donaire is in front of a defensive fighter, he tends to get very basic. Little feinting, showboating, dropping his hands, no body punching, no jab. The only thing I wonder about in this fight is how Donaire is going to take Rigondeaux's punch. If he tries coming forward and dropping his hands like he did vs Mathebula, then he may get stopped.

HIGHCOLLIDE is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #26
HIGHCOLLIDE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Donaire is also the fastest, hardest hitting and explosive fighter at 126 and below.

THE IGNORANCE OF DAIRYAIR FANS
HIGHCOLLIDE is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #27
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

Donaire cannot afford to make too many mistakes with Rigo. Rigo cannot afford to make ONE. Rigo will connect more but Donaire will probably win more rounds.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #28
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
**** thread from a ***** OP. Donaire was wreckless against Narvaez and Mathebula because they were both featherfisted and Donaire had ZERO respect for them.

Rigo has power, so you won't see Donaire showboating or gunning for the KO every second of every round.

Donaire has shown a very good beard. I've never seen him in trouble or hurt, though I haven't seen ALL of his fights.

I made a thread about this once. Donaire's skin will be his down fall. He puffs up VERY easily.

Rigo's gonna be an exceptionally easy win for Donaire - and the haters are gonna say that Rigo was green, never beat anyone of note, etc - all the reasons that Rigo doesn't deserve a fight with Donaire.

why dosn't your *****ass make threads like this then. Your threads usually has some trollish title and then in the opening post something like this "" in it
gtfo and let people who know the sport of boxing talk
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #29
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Donaire is gonna get KO'd ****ing with Rigo.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #30
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
**** thread from a ***** OP. Donaire was wreckless against Narvaez and Mathebula because they were both featherfisted and Donaire had ZERO respect for them. Rigo has power, so you won't see Donaire showboating or gunning for the KO every second of every round.

Donaire has shown a very good beard. I've never seen him in trouble or hurt, though I haven't seen ALL of his fights. I made a thread about this once. Donaire's skin will be his down fall. He puffs up VERY easily.

Rigo's gonna be an exceptionally easy win for Donaire - and the haters are gonna say that Rigo was green, never beat anyone of note, etc - all the reasons that Rigo doesn't deserve a fight with Donaire.

Like his hero Floyd, he just doesnt like asians..
DobyZhee is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum