purephase is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #32
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

vCash: 650
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

Good post man...I agree with most of the ****ysis you did..with the onlything I disagree is with Mares beating Rigo but everybody is entitled to form his own opinion..again great ****ysis..
angry cuban is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #33
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
Like his hero Floyd, he just doesnt like asians..
I used to be a big fan of Doanire until he started acting like a pansy all the time
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #34
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Nah, I'll let you be the "boxing expert" and just post a ban bet when Donaire-Rigondeaux goes down, one I don't expect you to take despite being a "boxing expert"

|
|
|
V
Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Oh cool the guy with 50 alts wants a ban bet
exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry cuban View Post
Good post man...I agree with most of the ****ysis you did..with the onlything I disagree is with Mares beating Rigo but everybody is entitled to form his own opinion..again great ****ysis..
thanks man I'm afraid what Mares might do after watching him press Moreno like that. His stock went up a lot in that fight for me.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #35
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I used to be a big fan of Doanire until he started acting like a pansy all the time
yeah him getting all ****y when the cubans ragged on his wife lost me as well..lol
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #36
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
What happened to caring about what happens between the ropes? Floyd beats up women. You still a fan?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #37
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Good thread.

I think we have to remember that Donaire was in a rut against Vasquez and Mathebula that showed he was trying to constantly land that one punch. He had a love spell with his power after the Montiel KO made his stock soar, and was neglecting to set up his shots, as you rightly pointed out.

If you look at the Arce fight, even though he was coming forward, Arce was fighting really smart, throwing, ducking the counter, and then coming up to throw again. If Nonito weren't on his game with his footwork and came in trying to slug it out, it would have been much more competitive. Rigo throwing with Donaire is probably better, but Donaire has shown a great ability to stay smart and collect intelligence before landing a bomb soon after.

Making Donaire lead is definitely a way to get him to make mistakes and walk into punches. Rigo is in his element fighting off the back foot or circling to look for that left uppercut to the body or short straight up top. But I think it's more likely that Donaire baits Rigo's counters, and then catches him as he steps in to throw. So instead of Rigo triggering and busting through Donaire's guard because of a wide left, I see Donaire taking a step back and throwing the left at a distance. It will be a battle of feints, and I think Nonito has a lot more experience at that level. Right hands to the body and up top, along with jab-left hook baited counters. Countering Rigo's straight left with an overhand right is another option. If both throw simultaneously, Nonito's power might prove the difference.

Rigo definitely has a shot, so your ****ysis isn't off, it's a great tactic for him to emphasize. But I think when the fight happens, It's going to look uneventful, and then awkward as Donaire starts to get off first, but not without getting caught from time to time as Rigo potshots defensively, until Rigo runs out of ideas and starts circling all confused (assuming Nonito has taken control by round 8.)
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #38
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitBattousai View Post
Rigo doesn't have the size of Mathebula for Donaire to contend with while playing defense though, and his chin seems to be very fragile by comparison as well. And while Rigo's defense is good, he's been hurt badly by far lesser fighters. Donaire stops Rigo imo.
Yep, Mathebula is a giant at 122, Rigo is one of the smallest. Jeff also looks like he can take a punch.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #39
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
yeah him getting all ****y when the cubans ragged on his wife lost me as well..lol
and asking for apologies all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
What happened to caring about what happens between the ropes? Floyd beats up women. You still a fan?
he started acting dumb inside the ropes too. I like his boxing IQ and skill and the way he fought, but his fights in between Montiel and Nishioka turned me off. He did impress me a lot in the Nishioka fight though and I gave him due respect.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #40
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Donaire can not handle a defense first fighter, because his offensive variation is limited. bball called this on the money, if Donaire doesn't take him out early by catching him cold, he will not win and I believe most likely will be timed and knocked out cold.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #41
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
This is what the **** I mean - you're a troll ass *****. You want to suggest that Donaire acts like a pansy all the time, but consistently and reliably let Floyd off the hook for acting like a ***** for 3 years and missing out on 100 million dollars?

see and this is what pac****s do. They turn completely different threads into threads about Mayweather.
This is a real thread about what goes on inside the ring. Here's a thread just for you
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

and Bogo, I'm about to get to your post in a second. I'm watching the UFC card
Old 01-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #42
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Donaire can not handle a defense first fighter, because his offensive variation is limited. bball called this on the money, if Donaire doesn't take him out early by catching him cold, he will not win and I believe most likely will be timed and knocked out cold.
donaire will not press..he will jab the **** out of rigo.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #43
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

thanks man I'm afraid what Mares might do after watching him press Moreno like that. His stock went up a lot in that fight for me.[/quote]

Yeah man..went up a lot for me too...I don't see him like a good fighter but he allways manage to beat the ones who I count as good fighters..some with ease others struggling..but I don't see him even touching Rigo and rigos straight left will hit him all night...but he allways proved me wrong so I wouldn't be shock if he beat Rigo..but my money will go on Rigo..
Old 01-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #44
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
This is the fight...
Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #45
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

Quote:
donaire will not press..he will jab the **** out of rigo.
This will be if he actually had a jab....

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum