dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: luke campbell to matchroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
Your jelousy jumps of the page lol!
My jealousy? Rob, you know nothing about me or my background at all. You know nothing about the people I work with and went to school with (some of whom are significantly more successful than Eddie or a boxing promoter could ever hope to be). And some of those people are complete tools.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #32
Paullow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

So back to Luke Campbell discussion....

Would be another good signing IMO - young, a lot of hype over him with the olympics etc.

starting to put together a really good stable is matchroom now - they have their headliners, their prospects and the stalkers and rose's who will prb sell tickets and can be chief support to any card. good sruff
Paullow is online now  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #33
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
My jealousy? Rob, you know nothing about me or my background at all. You know nothing about the people I work with and went to school with (some of whom are significantly more successful than Eddie or a boxing promoter could ever hope to be). And some of those people are complete tools.
Your to easy!

I sure the people you went to school with an work for are really impressive.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #34
gazrichards
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

IF hearn is paying both froch and kessler 2 million each no way will this make money.if its more around 1million each then MAYBE.but box office is a complete lottery.if you dont like froch or dont know kessler then you will not buy the ppv.hardcore fans will buy but even with ticket revenue i doubit will it will profit eddie at all.stack the undercard and hope uk fans buy it is all i say.bellew,frampton,brook(if late enough)plus some prospects then id pay.at the minute froch v kessler as great a fight as be is not worth 15 quid
gazrichards is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #35
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

matchroom abc strikes again.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 03:50 AM   #36
c woodhouse
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

very good signing, lukes a top boxer and he is very popular in hull, he will sell out any venue he chooses to box at, hulls never had a good boxer to really get behind and they will give luke all the support he needs, he could sell out the k.c stadium for his debut if he wanted and that holds 25,000, potentially eddie has signed a very very big star if true
c woodhouse is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #37
Mellberg

Quote:
My dad is bigger than yours, pathetic. Your blantant hate for Eddie is crying tears through my keyboard.
Mellberg is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #38
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellberg View Post
My dad is bigger than yours, pathetic. Your blantant hate for Eddie is crying tears through my keyboard.
Amazing, you've completely misread what I said. Unlike Rob, I've pretty much spent my whole life around very wealthy, successful people. Part of the scenery when you write about finance for a living. Between that and where I went to school, if I had a hang-up about the rich, well I've pretty much ensured that I see rich people all the time.

Anyway, I like Eddie, but what seems beyond most of you spastics is that there's some balance needed: he's not the saviour of British boxing and, with this PPV, he's doing all the things people criticise Frank for.

Also, did I mention you're a spastic?
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #39
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazrichards View Post
IF hearn is paying both froch and kessler 2 million each no way will this make money.if its more around 1million each then MAYBE.but box office is a complete lottery.if you dont like froch or dont know kessler then you will not buy the ppv.hardcore fans will buy but even with ticket revenue i doubit will it will profit eddie at all.stack the undercard and hope uk fans buy it is all i say.bellew,frampton,brook(if late enough)plus some prospects then id pay.at the minute froch v kessler as great a fight as be is not worth 15 quid
Yeah, let's not bring facts or logic into this debate. Remember, Sauerland is giving Eddie half of all its TV money!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #40
Mellberg

Quote:
Amazing, you've completely misread what I said. Unlike Rob, I've pretty much spent my whole life around very wealthy, successful people. Part of the scenery when you write about finance for a living. Between that and where I went to school, if I had a hang-up about the rich, well I've pretty much ensured that I see rich people all the time.

Anyway, I like Eddie, but what seems beyond most of you spastics is that there's some balance needed: he's not the saviour of British boxing and, with this PPV, he's doing all the things people criticise Frank for.

It's only the internet, you don't need to show off to me. It's not a **** size competition, get over yourself mate
Mellberg is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #41
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:

The toys are out of the pram yet again, how quickly insults are thrown really makes me laugh.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #42
RICKY BALBOA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c woodhouse View Post
very good signing, lukes a top boxer and he is very popular in hull, he will sell out any venue he chooses to box at, hulls never had a good boxer to really get behind and they will give luke all the support he needs, he could sell out the k.c stadium for his debut if he wanted and that holds 25,000, potentially eddie has signed a very very big star if true
I agree Luke is already a mega star in Hull but I doubt he'd sell out 25K at the KC for his debut though I could certainly see him headlining at a sold out Hull Arena in front of 4 or 5K quite easily.

If he ever challenged for a world title fight then I could see him selling out the KC then but unless he makes adjustments to his style, he may find it hard have his local popularity transend beyond the city of Hull.

I will always tune in to support him because he's a local lad but the harsh reality is it's an entertainment business and I'm not sure people would make a point tuning in to watch a tall, upright bantam-weight popping out left hands all night to a points victory.
RICKY BALBOA is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #43
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
...with this PPV, he's doing all the things people criticise Frank for.
Which is what, exactly?

People criticise Frank because he puts on poor shows for the fans, often with one decent fight and then an undercard of mismatches, such as the Gavin card. He's also criticised for putting on horrible main events, such as Burns/Laryea or Burns/Evensen. Fans rightly criticise him for things like not paying fighters too.

So I'm not sure how this PPV is remotely similar to the reasons Frank gets criticism.

You have an issue with this fight being on PPV because you don't personally see it as worthy of it. That's fair enough, people will always have different opinions on whether a fight is worth it or not. However, the promoter is the one who takes the risk by putting it on PPV. If people agree with you and it's a flop, it'll bite Eddie on the arse. If he's right and it's a success, he'll make money off it. Neither of those things are problematic for the fans. We aren't being tied into a contract or anything like that, we're being offered the choice of whether we want to see the fight or not. If we do, pay the 15 and if not, don't pay it. Simple. It's not like we're being ripped off or conned.

When Eddie starts refusing to pay fighters, ties fans down to a long contract, offers awful undercards and mismatches in the main event, they'll be comparable. Until then, they're not.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #44
McGuinty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaboilc lion View Post
i have 'heard' he is going to matchroom as he has turned down golden boy?

He , like ogogo , has got plenty of media attention due to dancing on ice

How far can he go in the pro's? I always thought his style was more for am's and seems to lack power ??
He look's like he's afraid to get hit. Doesn't look like he has a tough bone in his body either.
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #45
Benji123
Journeyman

fw is not getting any off the boxers going over good thing though he cant get the ones out he as got only a few off them any way dosent help having dean powell conplete prick needs to get rid off him no even money fights with that nob
Benji123 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum