Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #16
astrojoe86
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: nicaragua
Posts: 291
vCash: 3400
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

He looks to be a better kick boxer than boxer. I think he should stick to one. Different techniques may confuse him in either sport when fighting.
astrojoe86 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #17
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,642
vCash: 5200
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrojoe86 View Post
He looks to be a better kick boxer than boxer. I think he should stick to one. Different techniques may confuse him in either sport when fighting.
I agree with that. I think he's better for MMA. He'll be taking in a high boxing pedigree (for his age) and is still a champion in BJJ
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #18
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

One think I like already is the kid embraces both mma and boxing. This is where the true beasts will come from (for either sport).
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #19
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrojoe86 View Post
He looks to be a better kick boxer than boxer. I think he should stick to one. Different techniques may confuse him in either sport when fighting.
I think this is a load of horseshit. It will make him better for either sport. In the past there was no MMA, so a boxer just boxed. This can only make a fighter better. And I dont give a shit what anyone on here says, but MMA is more forgiving and less wear on the body than boxing. And for all we know MMA fighters might be actually making more for a UFC fight than a boxing one. No reason why guys can't do crossover for both.
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #20
kirk
C1
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ill swallow my Blood before i swallow my Pride
Posts: 24,772
vCash: 2001
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Its easy to come on here and slight the kids ability. That is not my intention at all and dont want to be part of that group that just goes around pissing on things.

But it is simply a fact that the APPEARENCE of his actual ability does not impress me and I think get seriously overblown. There are many kids (i could even find youtube vids of them) that impress me much much more.

However, what DOES impress me, is this kids mentality.

Someone may have more talent then him, better form, ect.... but this kids mentality is what builds champions. I hope he doesnt get burnt out and he can keep this level of focus and motivation for competition.

As he grows and improves, his mentality should carry him far.
kirk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #21
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

I ****ing hate seeing kids spar like that at such a young age. He'll burn out pretty quickly at the rate he's going. Seriously, look at how intense those sparring sessions are, it's not good for a young kid to be taking full shots in a fight let alone sparring aswell.

Fair play, you need to condition yourself to taking shots but there's a big difference between that and going to war in the gym like he was.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #22
miniq
神風
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Posts: 6,437
vCash: 160
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Think it's sad kids are born/forced into boxing at a young age because of their dumbass parents.

It should be a choice.
miniq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #23
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,567
vCash: 75
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniq View Post
Think it's sad kids are born/forced into boxing at a young age because of their dumbass parents.

It should be a choice.
Who said he was forced. His dad boxed and the kid was around it all the time. Makes sense that he'd take to boxing.

He doesnt seem too sad doing it.

Kids are kids. They tend to love being active.
Its only when they get older,they become lazy.
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #24
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,567
vCash: 75
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

If he was in Mexico, he'd be getting ready for his first pro bout by now! :P
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #25
miniq
神風
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Posts: 6,437
vCash: 160
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Who said he was forced. His dad boxed and the kid was around it all the time. Makes sense that he'd take to boxing.

He doesnt seem too sad doing it.

Kids are kids. They tend to love being active.
Its only when they get older,they become lazy.

Good point lol. Normally it's the case that they don't have enough exercise.
miniq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,638
vCash: 347
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

He's gonna burn out, they're working the **** out of him
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #27
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Re-reading "Legacy of Ashes"-- Someone has to, right Wige?
Posts: 2,139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
What the **** is wrong with you? You said there's kids at the gym like him. If they're as good as you say they are, why the **** aren't they winning titles in multiple sports and being ranked at the very top?

I'll tell you why. Because they're not as good, you ****ing twat.
Yawn.

Perhaps you never encountered a kid who excelled at an early age, only to be caught by his peers later on during his teen years and early twenties.

Never occurred to you, right? Of course not, because you apparently live in a world where every 13yo "phenom" blossoms into a global sports celebrity.

Douche.
hoopsman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #28
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yoknapatawpha
Posts: 3,085
vCash: 475
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
But yeah, all things considered, the lad could very well be done by his early 20's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsman View Post
Yawn.

Perhaps you never encountered a kid who excelled at an early age, only to be caught by his peers later on during his teen years and early twenties.

Never occurred to you, right? Of course not, because you apparently live in a world where every 13yo "phenom" blossoms into a global sports celebrity.

Douche.
...
LittleRed is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #29
jonnytightlips
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: I aint sayin nothin
Posts: 2,703
vCash: 900
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Its easy to come on here and slight the kids ability. That is not my intention at all and dont want to be part of that group that just goes around pissing on things.

But it is simply a fact that the APPEARENCE of his actual ability does not impress me and I think get seriously overblown. There are many kids (i could even find youtube vids of them) that impress me much much more.

However, what DOES impress me, is this kids mentality.

Someone may have more talent then him, better form, ect.... but this kids mentality is what builds champions. I hope he doesnt get burnt out and he can keep this level of focus and motivation for competition.

As he grows and improves, his mentality should carry him far.
Agree with this. Still though thats a shitload of accomplishments for a lad so young.
jonnytightlips is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #30
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: All up in Djibouti
Posts: 10,268
vCash: 75
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

The problem I have isn't with this kid in particular- he's got talent and is a good fighter...it's that the human body only has so much boxing capacity n it, and ring age is more important than chronological age. Putting wear and tear on him this young (especially if he fights year round) is going to shorten his career.
Rock0052 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013