Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #151
timeout
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 415
Default Re: 'David Haye would have been lucky to last 2 rounds with me' - Lennox Lewis

Where are the haye fans???

Echo....echo...

Helloiooo .hellooo...

Whatever might happen glass would fly in this epic biscuit cheeen encounter!!
timeout is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #152
Todd498
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: 'David Haye would have been lucky to last 2 rounds with me' - Lennox Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Wlad is only faster on his feet when compared to the lumbering behemoth Lewis became toward the end of his career, and Steward is just like any other trainer, bigging up his current protege (funny how he had no praise at all for Wlad when he was training Lewis). As for Wlad being the 'sharper' puncher, ask Tyson, Ruddock, Rahman and many other top-class HWs how unsharp Lewis' punches were. You seem to think that Lewis would have to fight Wlad's game, a battle of the jabs. Even if Wlad won that particular battle, Lewis would take Wlad to the trenches, and Wlad would have no reply.
Steward had no praise at all while with Lewis??

"The right hand that Klitschko is shooting tonight is one of the best right hands I've seen. Not just today but in the history of boxing."-during the Shufford fight.

"I always told Lennox that the one guy out there that I'm most concerned with is the younger Klitschko."

Steward praised Wladimir left and right dude. And as far as the 'sharper' puncher thing... Steward said Wlad had the most power of any fighter he's trained. He's said it in multiple interviews. Also fighters who have sparred and fought both.
Todd498 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #153
leaduppercut
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd498 View Post
Steward had no praise at all while with Lewis??

"I always told Lennox that the one guy out there that I'm most concerned with is the younger Klitschko."
Hadn't read that
leaduppercut is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #154
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Wlad dominated HW division where fat middleweight James Toney had sucess and middleweight Chris Byrd held a title.
Holyfield and Lennox Lewis dominated a HW division where glass-chinned Bruce Seldon was a beltholder, former LHW Michael Moorer was lineal HW champ and Eurobum Axel Schulz got not one but *THREE* titleshots

madballster is online now  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #155
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think he would last more than 6 rds - unlike vitali.
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #156
leaduppercut
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeagain1 View Post
I think he would last more than 6 rds - unlike vitali.
But would he win the first 2 rounds and stun Lewis like Vitali did? If it was toe to toe like Lewis- Vitali was I don't think it'd go 6 rounds...
leaduppercut is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #157
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict

haye is a shittalker, but don't forget his talent. he is a real talent with speed and power and defense. and lewis is more aggressive than wlad but also way slower and not as good footwork. it would be a tough fight for lewis. he is the favourite, but honestly i can see david haye knocking lewis out when lewis gets overly agressive and haye counters with a nice combo. lewis would also have big problems getting to haye. wlad couldn't and he is fast as ****. thats why i believe that vitali would lose to haye (because he is to slow and to agressive)
Mordechai is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #158
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Haye wouldn't stand a chance against a motivated and in shape Lewis
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #159
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordechai View Post
haye is a shittalker, but don't forget his talent. he is a real talent with speed and power and defense. and lewis is more aggressive than wlad notbut also way slower and as good footwork. it would be a tough fight for lewis. he is the favourite, but honestly i can see david haye knocking lewis out when lewis gets overly agressive and haye counters with a nice combo. lewis would also have big problems getting to haye. wlad couldn't and he is fast as ****. thats why i believe that vitali would lose to haye (because he is to slow and to agressive)
I stopped reading at that.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #160
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k. View Post
Haye wouldn't stand a chance against a motivated and in shape Lewis

He was behind on the cards verses Bruno and I don't fancy that Bruno to take a motivated and in shape Haye.
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #161
RememberingC.S.
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 0

Lennox was really raged, or drunk, to say he could ko Haye in 2 rounds... in 2 rounds!

In fact, Lennox have never ever faced someone so fast and elusive like Haye.... Plus Haye has more than enough power to turn off Lennox's lights in 2 rounds, expecially considering Lennox's defeats. With Haye, it's not a matter of being aggressive, he's a counter puncher and a dodger, and has a mobility unknown to the big Lennox;
And about Haye's chin... well, he's not that suspect, more like unproven; he has already showed to be able to absord isolated shots very well, and he never is in the same place to take a second one... to the cost of dropping himself.
Haye's chin is no more his cruiserweight's one, and now that he is 32 it is even stronger , and will get stronger in the next few years, expecially considering the very little number of fights he had, and so the little body fading consequently.

Or Lennox badly underrates Haye's dodging, speed and power, or he is really really bitter, wich is not surprising at all.

Right now, Haye could probably take Vitali out, even if unfairly considering the ages differences and that he ducked him at least two times in the past;
Against Lennox, i have very few doubts he would lose, even if prime vs prime; it would surely be a nice and intriguing fight!
The winner faces Vitali!
RememberingC.S. is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #162
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Who the **** has Haye beat to say he's have a chance against Lewis? In his only chance against a big intimidating heavyweight he completely blew it.
What are people watching? A prime motivated and in shape Lewis blows him away,end of.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #163
Chetkincaid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I might be in the minority here, but I think David Haye's main problem is size.

If David Haye was about 5 inches taller and weighed 30lbs more, he'd be the Number 1 heavyweight in the world IMO.
Chetkincaid is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #164
T.S.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broxi View Post
Bit strange that these comments come a couple weeks after both these guys were out on the town with each other.
"Mates"
T.S. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum