Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #91
pedrin1787
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 204
Default Re: Why Guillermo Rigondeaux beats Nonito Donaire

I just can't see Rig's weak ass chin holding up. People are saying hes gonna box circles around Donaire, and they may be right, but Donaires got power and speed to match. Hes gonna tag Rigo sooner or later, he isn't Margarito.
pedrin1787 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #92
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Do you favor Rigo?
I have it a 60-40 fight for Donaire. He's got too much power at 122 for an already small guy like Rigondeaux. I do think Rigo will be extremely competitive. Probably be winning the fight and making him look silly before he gets caught.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #93
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrin1787 View Post
I just can't see Rig's weak ass chin holding up. People are saying hes gonna box circles around Donaire, and they may be right, but Donaires got power and speed to match. Hes gonna tag Rigo sooner or later, he isn't Margarito.
There is a chance I'm under rating Rigo but I'm pretty sure I'm not over rating Donaire. He is top P4P and has been pro much longer. That actually does count. I think it was the last fight before Gamboa went dormant that he started to show 'a mean streak'. It really does matter in the pros.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #94
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Rigo is going to counter what a bitch.
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 AM   #95
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk View Post
A grown man beating up 17 year olds.. Rigo's left is wild. Look at his fights. It is fast, but he drops his right and leaves himself open. The cans he has been fighting have been able to time the counter at times. Nonito will time it easily.
rigo was a kid when he won his first olympic gold medal 13 years ago...

he also put it on Mares in the Ams
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #96
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

You don't know shit about boxing. The problem is, Rigo only has his left hand.

His right hook is a non-factor.

He's a one handed fighter. Amateur level.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #97
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

And those comparing Mathebula to Rigo? WTF does Mathebula got to do with Rigo?

I'll tell you one thing, Rigo wouldn't beat Mathebula.

You know why?

Because Rigo gets knocked down by a jab, so he won't be able to get aggressive with a 5'11'' fighter that dwarfs him, not only in height, but in reach.

On top of that, Rigo has no right hook.

SO how the **** would he beat Matehbula?

He wouldn't. Mathebula pecks at him from a distance and wins a decision. My money is on Rigo being too scared to even TRY to win, just like against Cordoba where he let it go to the scorecards.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #98
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

And for the record, this fight is not happening because it's bad business for Arum.

If Rigo somehow wins, that's a huge set back considering the only one with star potential is Donaire.

If Rigo loses, he fades into obscurity considering he has only a niche fan base as it is. He's a negative fighter that speaks spanish, and he's over 30.

This fight won't happen unless it absolutely has to, and Rigo will get knocked out.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #99
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
they both make it hard to counter them
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #100
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Quote:

I'll tell you one thing, Rigo wouldn't beat Mathebula.

You know why?

Because Rigo gets knocked down by a jab, so he won't be able to get aggressive with a 5'11'' fighter that dwarfs him, not only in height, but in reach.

On top of that, Rigo has no right hook.

SO how the **** would he beat Matehbula?

He wouldn't. Mathebula pecks at him from a distance and wins a decision. My money is on Rigo being too scared to even TRY to win, just like against Cordoba where he let it go to the scorecards.
Quote:
And for the record, this fight is not happening because it's bad business for Arum.

If Rigo somehow wins, that's a huge set back considering the only one with star potential is Donaire.

If Rigo loses, he fades into obscurity considering he has only a niche fan base as it is. He's a negative fighter that speaks spanish, and he's over 30.

This fight won't happen unless it absolutely has to, and Rigo will get knocked out.
Lmao , you sound like you don't want this fight to happen , lol , well I got bad news for you : it looks like it's ON at last . Now don't dissapear when Nonita gets starched . THE WHOLE WORLD WILL FINALLY WITNESS GUILLERMO RIGONDEAUX BOXING GREATNESS . Peace .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #101
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
they both make it hard to counter them
Right. Plain as day. He's so full of bias it's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
I have it a 60-40 fight for Donaire. He's got too much power at 122 for an already small guy like Rigondeaux. I do think Rigo will be extremely competitive. Probably be winning the fight and making him look silly before he gets caught.
Word I can see that. I think even if he doesn't get seriously hurt, a solid single shot or couple of them would shake his composure and be a game-changer.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #102
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Great point, Bog. The first hook Marroquin caught him with was when Rigo was leaning back and he stepped on Rigo's foot. Wasn't a super hard shot, and Rigo panicked. Not a good sign at all.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #103
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Right. Plain as day. He's so full of bias it's ridiculous.
I was tempted to just ignore him at first
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama99 View Post
Rigo is "ice" to Nonito's "fire".....but I think Nonito's a perfect blend of skill, speed and power that would overcome any technical advantages that the Cuban AM Legend has.

Given Nonito is faster and more powerful the big question is....how much better is Rig as a boxer than Nonito, if at all? For me I think Rig is a slightly better defensive boxer than Nonito...who isn't really defensive at all. Nonito's style is one who's foundation is that of an offensive fighter.

Nonito gets tagged more simply because he's more of an aggressive fighter who can counter and play defense but likes to attack. Rig is on who likes to lay back, set traps and capitalize when opportunities present themselves.

Nonito and Rig are both very polished fighters who are at the peak of their careers. Nonito is younger...has more professional experience at the elite level where Rig has a bunch of international AM experience...but only a handful of pro bouts. That's a big difference.

I got Nonito beating Rig fairly one sided....a lot will have to do with the experience factor but most of the outcome will be based on the styelistic match up that favors Nonito.
good points, and you could be right. There are more question marks with Rigo than they are with Nonito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
I find it really sad that only 2 people are making intelligent and mature posts in this thread out of 6 pages.

I for one admire Rigondeaux's skills and amateur pedigree. He has really good eye coordination, counter and bodypunching skills along with power to boot. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Rigondeaux can sometimes be lackadasial/too patient while Donaire would occasionally fight down to his opponent's level. However, for me I think Donaire is a much different level of fighter compared to the other fighters that Rigondeaux has faced. He's had some off night performances but most of the time Donaire has performed well against better opponents and his last 2 fights showed that he can still fight very disciplined, which I see him doing against Rigondeaux. I think Donaire is skilled enough to find a way to open up Rigondeaux's tricky defense and be able to win the feinting game as well as beating him to the punch.
Overall I think Donaire is much more well rounded and has had more pro experience against top level fighters (that's not to discredit Rigondeaux) so I would expect him to be the victor. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a tough competitive chess match.
thanks for another good reply
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #104
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

I'm not sure about this fight. I haven't seen Rigo enough to say he wins.
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #105
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I don't see how Mathebula can be compared to Rigo much, if at all. I hope you did notice the ridiculous HEIGHT AND REACH differential between the two. Mathebula has the dimensions of a MIDDLEWEIGHT, so connecting will be skewed his way. Compare this to midget Rigondeaux (who to his credit, is far more skilled but nowhere the same body type). Totally different matchup. Besides why even use punchstats when most people disrespect them anyway?

Narvaez did nothing for 12 rounds, thus he lost all 12 rounds.
megavolt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum