Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Lee, Macklin, Barker, Murray - Who do you give the best chance Vs Golovkin?

I really don't rate GGG that highly yet. He is unproven in the 160lb division and I'd like to see him up against one of the aforementioned fighters. I want to see how he'd cope with the British and Irish lads. Golovkin doesn't seem to deal with pressure too well, so against any of these lads would be a tough match for him.

Thoughts?
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Re: Lee, Macklin, Barker, Murray - Who do you give the best chance Vs Golovkin?

Barker would have the best chance, I think. He's the best boxer and hardest to hit, so I could see him having some success. Murray, Macklin and especially Lee, who isn't world class, would be an easy night for Golovkin.

I don't think Barker would win but he'd pose problems for Golovkin.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203
Default Re: Lee, Macklin, Barker, Murray - Who do you give the best chance Vs Golovkin?

None have any chance what so ever.GGG in an entirely different league.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #4
davidmcallister
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
I agree, seen GGG box a few times now and was really impressed by his ring generalship, the way he cuts the ring off and makes his opponent work for every second of every round whilst hardly using any energy really impressed me.

My only worry for him is he seems to mark up quickly even when he's not being hit that much.

I'd like to see if Lee can sort out his stamina issues with Adam Booth and although the others have looked a bit more impressive, if he can have a good stamina base he could become a world champion because he is a seriously talented boxer and his style could maybe give GGG the most problems.
davidmcallister is online now  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:49 AM   #5
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Barker would have the best chance, I think. He's the best boxer and hardest to hit, so I could see him having some success. Murray, Macklin and especially Lee, who isn't world class, would be an easy night for Golovkin.

I don't think Barker would win but he'd pose problems for Golovkin.
Barker?

What would he offer to trouble Golovkin?

Lee and Barker would offer Golovkin a few rounds because they have decent jabs but both would be Ko'd. Murray and Macklin pretty quickly get knocked out.
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:24 AM   #6
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Lee and Barker would fight smart and last longer, Macklin and Murray would fight fire with fire and get burnt, but I'd give Macklin or Barker the best chance
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

I would for for Macklin at the moment. His game plan against Sergio would be ideal against GGG. I am not saying it would win him the fight, but it would give him a much better shot than Barker. The reason for that is that Barker expends too much energy on his footwork in an effort to get out of range. yes Barker would do well early on in the fight but as the rounds ticked over fatigue would force him into Golovkins range.
Lee and Barker would probably be using the same tactics here. Not sure about Murray though. I need to see more of Murray tbh.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
boxzone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

at the moment they all stand a chance GGG has not been in the ring witha PROVEN top 15 in the world fighter and till he gets in the ring and beats the best I wont be able to judge
boxzone is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:47 AM   #9
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Not trying to be funny but i think he knocks all four out. His ring smarts and power are on another level compared to them.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
I would for for Macklin at the moment. His game plan against Sergio would be ideal against GGG. I am not saying it would win him the fight, but it would give him a much better shot than Barker. The reason for that is that Barker expends too much energy on his footwork in an effort to get out of range. yes Barker would do well early on in the fight but as the rounds ticked over fatigue would force him into Golovkins range.
Lee and Barker would probably be using the same tactics here. Not sure about Murray though. I need to see more of Murray tbh.
I'd say Macklin expends far too much energy as well with his come forward style which really would suit to GGG down to the ground.

Although he hasn't been tested properly, I would bet he'd stop any of those 4 fighters. Barker would last longest as he is cagiest and would have the height advantage but imo they all get stopped.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Macklin, Murray and Lee look like relatively easy nights for GGG unless we have got him all wrong. Lee too fragile. Murray just no. Macklin matches up stylistically so well with GGG. I think Barker has the best chance but GGG could definitely get to him late it would be a good fight though.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #12
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
I would have to question that statement.. Dont tell me you think Barker is a average technican because that would be just bullshit.. Barker is a very very good boxer and has great skills and could easily cause GGG problem's.
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #13
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Barker showed against Martinez he is capable of boxing at the highest level and not looking out of place, he would certainly be the best fighter GGG has faced so it's tough to predict the outcome but I do feel eventually GGG would get to him and that when he eventually did it wouldn't end nicely for Barker.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #14
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Right just reading through the posts and im getting the conclusion that GGG is up there with cream of the divison, when in reality i reckon Sergio Martinez would rip him another arse hole.
Tell me how the **** people can judge Golovin when he hasnt fought anyone, he is a amazing puncher but look at his last opponent he wasnt exactly a well know boxer i had never heard of the lad..
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #15
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict

vCash: 542

Macklin easily
brickfists is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum