Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Do you feel bad for Haye fans?
Yes, I sometimes feel bad for them 22 46.81%
No, I don't 25 53.19%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #76
servo
England.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Do you feel bad for Haye fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
I can't help but feel bad for these poor souls. They follow their "fighter" through embarrassment and defeat unquestionably. Even when the world, their country, and even the fighters own trainer grow tired of the lack of substance, they remain; steadfast and loyal. I can't help but feel these fans are part of the new wave of "WWE" boxing fans. The type of fans who prefer an excellent build up over a decent fight. I could be wrong, but this new type of fan seems to be more focused on what happens outside the ring than in it, something I can't agree with.

With all that being said, I guess I'm just surprised Haye has so many fans remaining. Loyal fandom of a fighter is certainly admirable, but only if said fighter is worth being loyal to.

Boxing can certainly use more fans, and if these new fans are due to what goes on outside the ring instead of what goes on inside, then so be it.
You feel sorry for these so called 'WWE' boxing fans (great analogy), but you're starting threads anti-Haye. You talk about others being more focused on what happens away from the ring, yet you're denouncing and talking about issues away from it. Not even focusing on the fighter, but his fans.

Pathetic and irony filled post that, quite frankly, was saved by Gail Platt and co.
servo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #77
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
because i post the most pictures of him?
Because you post about the guy as much as any one else on the forum.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #78
Espin88
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo View Post
You feel sorry for these so called 'WWE' boxing fans (great analogy), but you're starting threads anti-Haye. You talk about others being more focused on what happens away from the ring, yet you're denouncing and talking about issues away from it. Not even focusing on the fighter, but his fans.

Pathetic and irony filled post that, quite frankly, was saved by Gail Platt and co.
Well said.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #79
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

hayes nobodys favourite,

But when his back im jumping on that fuking bandwaggon all the freaking way.

Haye will save boxing
raichu is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #80
Leftsmash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
because i post the most pictures of him?
Yes.

Add Mayweather too for the amount of times I've seen you post that Superman pic with him too, you know it never does get old, it get's funnier every single time.

Every single time....
Leftsmash is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #81
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?
Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
Don't you think Wang Chung could've achieved so much more if they hadn't been so...adventurous?
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #82
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773
Default Re: ESB, do you feel bad for Haye fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #83
Ahurath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 235

Well even through defeat we stay strong.
All who left him during his defeat to Wladimir deserve to be gone.
We're back on the map now and more hungry then ever.

Vitali, your time is up. The bells are ringing.. Hells bells...
Ahurath is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #84
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?
Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.
irishny is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #85
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3833

Quote:
No problem. No doubt I'll have to step in next time you decide to bore the forum with your tedious attempts at trolling too.

Difficult topics: threads so petty and childish that they would be closed as soon as a mod saw them.

Interesting definition.

What does it say about your threads if the only reason a mod doesn't bother deleting them is because they've been filled with pictures of characters from a shitty soap opera?

You should probably have a think about that: You're so desperate for attention from a particular group of people that you have to resort to making threads so childish that the mods won't tolerate them.

You are wrong. If it were merely a "childish troll thread" you would have addressed it with text.

You are wrong again. The mod said he'd have closed the thread due to the subject matter, not the content of the subject. Perhaps you aren't able to make a distinction.

Difficult topics. Yes. A joined attempt at burying a thread with images is not an every day thing. It is a required response when a text based retort is difficult.

All things aside, I truly admire your dedication to posting countless images in a thread you consider childish. Such dedication gives the impression that your time is of very high value.
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #86
Smashgar
McMustache Nuthugger
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 356

David Haye? That guy who ran away from Wlad for 12 rounds and blamed his toe, right? I'm sorry, he hasn't been mentioned here in America since then, except for that one time Larry Merchant jokes about how tiny his balls must be.
Smashgar is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #87
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
You are wrong. If it were merely a "childish troll thread" you would have addressed it with text.
NO!

If it was in anyway original or amusing I would have probably considered joining in the joke. However, seeing as it was you who started this thread this was clearly not going to be the case. It was merely going to be another way to indulge your obsession with Brits and try and get some of that attention you so desperately crave.

Quote:
You are wrong again. The mod said he'd have closed the thread due to the subject matter, not the content of the subject. Perhaps you aren't able to make a distinction.
NO!

You're so desperate to get attention from a certain group of posters that you started a thread about that group of posters hoping they'd bite. The mods won't tolerate threads specifically about fans of fighters because they're pathetic. So, in summary, your childish need for attention drove you to start a thread so pathetic that the mods would've closed it.

Quote:
B]Difficult[/b] topics. Yes. A joined attempt at burying a thread with images is not an every day thing. It is a required response when a text based retort is difficult.

NO!

Actually, repeatedly posting in a thread does the opposite of burying it. It keeps it at the top of the front page where more people can see it. The fact that it's been at the top of page 1 all this time and only 1-2 people have even bothered to take it seriously should give a pretty good indication of how utterly shit it was.

Quote:
It is a required response when a text based retort is difficult.
NO!

Posting images in a thread is an optional response when a boring attention seeker is starting another unfunny thread that is going to get closed down as soon as a moderator sees it. Usually where a text based retort is only going to encourage the sad bastard who made the thread to post even more.

Quote:
All things aside, I truly admire your dedication to posting countless images in a thread you consider childish.
Such dedication gives the impression that your time is of very high value.
Ah, nice work. The good old 'finish my post with something condescending to create that illusion that I've posted something of note' approach.

Last edited by shaunster101; 01-29-2013 at 01:22 AM.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #88
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument.
What about Wang Chung?
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #89
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3833

Quote:
NO!

If it was in anyway original or amusing I would have probably considered joining in the joke. However, seeing as it was you who started this thread this was clearly not going to be the case. It was merely going to be another way to indulge your obsession with Brits and try and get some of that attention you so desperately crave.

NO!

You're so desperate to get attention from a certain group of posters that you started a thread about that group of posters hoping they'd bite. The mods won't tolerate threads specifically about fans of fighters because they're pathetic. So, in summary, your childish need for attention drove you to start a thread so pathetic that the mods would've closed it.

NO!

Actually, repeatedly posting in a thread does the opposite of burying it. It keeps it at the top of the front page where more people can see it. The fact that it's been at the top of page 1 all this time and only 1-2 people have even bothered to take it seriously should give a pretty good indication of how utterly shit it was.

NO!

Posting images in a thread is an optional response when a boring attention seeker is starting another unfunny thread that is going to get closed down as soon as a moderator sees it. Usually where a text based retort is only going to encourage the sad bastard who made the thread to post even more.

Ah, the nice work. The good old 'finish my post something condescending to create that illusion that I've posted something of note' approach.

Do you genuinely believe that you were trying to "save my thread"? I don't think you do. Why would you want to "save" a thread so boring, so shit, so not worth the time? This does not make sense, surely you can see.

As an aside, I don't see why you feel the need to make personal attacks on an internet forum. I feel you have been a little hostile in your posts toward me. If it was unintentional then forget I said anything; we all have our days.

Finally, this thread is regarding fans of David Haye. He is a global sports star and as such has fans all over the world. I did not intend to target "brits" with this thread, and I apologize if there was any confusion.
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #90
gdm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

**** gaye and his gay fans , I mean brittards
gdm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum