True 524 80.25%
False 129 19.75%
Voters: 653. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #3511
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Vitali's losses are to opponents who took fight on less than 14 days notice.

is posting the same crap over and over allowed here?
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #3512
gdm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Vitali's losses are to opponents who took fight on less than 14 days notice.

****ing brittards , toothless brainless limeys.
gdm is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #3513
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeagain1 View Post
Klit camp classlessness.

He is part of the social media campaign to get the respect they cant achieve fighting midgets and people nobody heard of.

Vitali is a proven liar - suits politics I guess.
Relax dude
many many poster write "**** off newbie" to new posters. It happened to me many times when I first came on this board.... kind of a "welcome to ESB".....
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #3514
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir23 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
U do realize he lost in that fight right? dominated? what? he was ahead by a point maybe two, in the end he still had his face ripped off and lost deal with it bitch
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #3515
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Chef - ok np.

Now at the risk of blowing the fight i want to see (Vk vs Dh) in terms of politics - I LIKE Vitali. UA needs sorting out in so many ways and I would vote for him.

There I said smth nice

Now inside sports - i'm back to not being a fan. Pele Reid KO2. - Just joking but that aint no thigh!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #3516
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

if not for the Vitaly fight people would already forget Lewis lol, the only reason his name ever mentioned on ESB is because of the Klitschkos. I never saw people discuss him in any other thread/topic. Same goes to Byrd.
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #3517
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkittlezTheBest View Post
Lmao at this Klittard loving ESB like ESB is the world.

Every single major boxing ranking outlet got Lewis as a top 10 HW of all times

They don't even know Vitali exists.

If not for Lewis.. Vitali would be forgotten.

It's funny how Lennox's networth IS EQUAL THAT OF KLITSCHKOS COMBINED.

Lennox Lewis was paid 10 million dollars to fight Tony Uncle ****er Tucker
adjusted for inflation- 16 million USD Today. And that wasn't even his top 5 Payday

Lennox can buy the Ukraine in another 5 years at the rate his networth keep growing.
well, I come to ESB almost every day and the truth is the only reason people mention Lewis is the Klitschko fight. Lewis still gets like 10 threads a day here, but his name is only mentioned next to Vitaly or Wlad. I don't think I ever saw a thread here with people actually discussing Lewis' other fights or his skills or whatever. He only appears in the Klitschko related threads.
I guess, he is a symbol that Klitschkos could be beaten. At least in theory. Without Vitaly he would be another Floyd Patterson, a forgotten champ, who nobody even mentions anymore.
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #3518
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Theory?? You mean practice.

denial is strong with this one
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #3519
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90
Default Re: Premature boxing retirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome1612 View Post
What are some premature boxing retirements that occured because of a refusal to fight emerging great boxers in their division? Some simple examples would be Lennox Lewis and Naseem Hamed. However, what are some other ones that occurred that prevented amazing fights?
Vitaly v Rahman -I, II,III, IV
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #3520
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829
Default Re: Premature boxing retirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
Vitaly v Rahman -I, II,III, IV
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #3521
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Can't believe that such a great fight/event that got me to search for boxing debates online only to end up on this site and finally register nearly a decade ago has come down to a joke sticky thread.

To those that forgot how amazing this fight was, feel free to youtube when bored. Though I highly recommend a high quality and a flash USB drive on your widescreens. This fight was action packed, dramatic and all-epic. Can't believe I almost forgot how good it really was.
Scar, you're looking at this too objectively. With reason and common sense.

That's not what this thread, this fight has become. It's a farce really.

If I wanted to be sensible, I'd say Vitaly did far better than expected at the time, rattled Lewis early - hurt him a lot in Rd 2, Lewis stopped boxing and just started fighting, Vitaly got cut, Lewis saw an opportunity and did what you'd expect of an aging champion. He took it, mercilessly.
Vitaly had his chances, did well, but unfortunately came up short.

Both guys hammered the bejesus out of each other for 6 rounds.

Vitaly had his chance in RD2, and didn't take it. He gave Lewis a chance to get back in the fight, and Lewis took it.

What more can you say? Was Vitaly unlucky? Sure. Was it a legitimate win for Lewis. Yes.

I can have a discussion about whether or not Vitaly should have changed tactics after the cut, how come Lewis with a supposedly shaky chin turned into a face first brawler against a younger, fitter, taller man with a huge KO% - why Vitalys defence is great when he leans back and away unless you're in a with guy who has a huge reach, and is strong and willing to take a punch - why I think at that time Vitaly was better than Wlad

and much more. but it's been done over the years, and now you're just left with, well, loonies. Who are entertaining to wind up and watch them go.
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #3522
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeagain1 View Post
Chef - ok np.

Now at the risk of blowing the fight i want to see (Vk vs Dh) in terms of politics - I LIKE Vitali. UA needs sorting out in so many ways and I would vote for him.

There I said smth nice

Now inside sports - i'm back to not being a fan. Pele Reid KO2. - Just joking but that aint no thigh!
CHEF is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #3523
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor View Post
Lewis had notice, he just had a different opponent..
Vitali too he had a fight on the undercard from Lennox Lewis.

But I heard the rumor too in germany that Kohl (the promoter of the Klitschkos) payed Krik Johnson to step aside and put Vitali in.

They thought Lewis would not win the fight because he could not prepare for the awkward style of Vitali.

After Vitali´s loss to Lewis he fought Kirk Johnson so I think the rumor is true and it was the way Universum worked in these days.

I gave a shit about words from Sdunek. He is a liar and was the head coach of Universum Boxpromotion.

For example: Sdunek said, it was not true that Boytsov had a "heart-OP" in his youth. But now Boytov himself said, it is true. I gave a shit was this man is saying.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #3524
don owens
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Have a feeling, MVC has a hobby of chewing on foreskins.
don owens is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #3525
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by don owens View Post
Have a feeling, MVC has a hobby of chewing on foreskins.
A Klittard has spawned

Oh wait, it's just a Klittard.
MVC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum