Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #31
punchy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ok. make your predictions. how does 'the fight' pan out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
firstly. one liners and smilies are nothing but a reflection of your ignorance. have the courage to make a fight scenerio, as i havedone, of **** off. this mostly applies to mundine fans, as all of you are ****ing hopeless. either write an 'original' scenario, or **** off. we'll see whos prediction was the most accurate post fight. have some guts and state your prediction. like i have.

you are allowed 2 scenarios but only one winner. my winner is geale. here are 2 scenerios....

how do you see the fight going?

1; i think its obvious mundine is going to come out hard. but he wont stick and move, he will stick, throw fast combinations, and hold. it will be his way of coming forward without getting into exchanges. he then gets to unload, and have a rest while he holds. mundine will look to fire first in combinations, then hold and tie up geale on the inside.

geale on the other hand will fight to a plan. he isnt going for a fast ko. he is going to be calm. he is going to let mundine shoot his load in the first 3 rounds, then step up the pace and wilt mundine under preasure.

mundines 'stick and hold' strategy wont work, as geale is better inside than mundine. geale has the defence to avoid chocs wild flurries, and will counter in close early to the body. he'll bring mundines hands down with his early in close fighting.

from the 3rd on geale will start switching his counters to the body AND head, as mundines hands drop to protect his body. look for an early kd, ko, or wounded mundine between the 4th and 6th. geale however, wont have a plan to end it in any particular period. he will fight the fight as it goes. mundine ko'd by 10.

2; again mundine comes out hard. geale fires back just as hard. open warfare in the first exchanges, which see mundine backing off, and attempting a stick and move strategy.

chocs legs cant last. geale walks him up. he moves his attack to the body, quickly taking away mundines legs. mundine slows down, geale ups the pace. mundine starts to fade and geale switches from body to head in even numbers. mundine gets all defensive, but looks dangerous as he gets frustrated and desperate. geale sticks to his plan. he doesnt get flustered. mundine wilts under the preasure. geale wins with a ko by 10.
I think Mundine will stick and move and try to get in the big shot, he is very good at this tactic now and a pressure fighter like Geale will have to get in to get him which always leaves an opening so Geale has to be careful.

In the end Geale will outwork Mundine and may even stop him in the late rounds, In his last couple of fights Mundine has not looked that good so I hope we see a better Mundine tonight which I am sure we will.

If Mundine does win it opens huge doors for him and lets cut the bullshit he is a quality fighter so he is going to be tough but I still favour Geale he is in his prime right now.
punchy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 AM   #32
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Stick to watching WWE, you idiot.
So because I have a different opinion to all the Geale dick riders you call me an idiot, Katsidis has picked Mundine to win also, and Fenech said Mundines best shot is a KO, so although Geale is the rightful favorite predicting Mundine to win by KO in 7 is not idiotic.

And yes I watched the WWE royal rumble last night so this is a big week for me on my Foxtel bill, it looks like we are going to see the Rock face John Cena again as Rock won the WWE title and Cena won the Royal Rumble match, I enjoyed it.

So I will continue to watch both Boxing & WWE because I love both.

If you still think I am an idiot that is your opinion and however I don't agree I will defend to the death your right to say it.
MidniteProwler is online now  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 03:39 AM   #33
The Kirwan Kid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think it will be a decent fight. Mundine has a massive ego and is a talented athlete so he will come ready to fight.

That said, I think Geale is way too calm and collected to do anything outside the fight he wants to fight. I think it will be a close fight for 6 rounds (tops) with Geale winning on points. I don't think it will be a Geale knockout (although i hope it is) and Mundine's ONLY chance of winning is an early knockout.

I think all boxing fans know Choc is a tremendously talented athlete but he also talks a lot of shit and his choices as a boxer make him one of this country's biggest waste of talent.
The Kirwan Kid is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #34
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
How do you figure?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
This is what Barry Michaels calls a standing 8 count.
Nigelbro is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:40 AM   #35
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
So because I have a different opinion to all the Geale dick riders you call me an idiot, Katsidis has picked Mundine to win also, and Fenech said Mundines best shot is a KO, so although Geale is the rightful favorite predicting Mundine to win by KO in 7 is not idiotic.

And yes I watched the WWE royal rumble last night so this is a big week for me on my Foxtel bill, it looks like we are going to see the Rock face John Cena again as Rock won the WWE title and Cena won the Royal Rumble match, I enjoyed it.

So I will continue to watch both Boxing & WWE because I love both.

If you still think I am an idiot that is your opinion and however I don't agree I will defend to the death your right to say it.
you had a go, and gave an opinion. cant knock MP for that.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #36
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Mundine is capable of winning the fight and he doesn't have to knock Geale out to do it.

He does however have to hurt Geale early. By hurting Geale early he can take away Geale's obvious advantage in workrate.

If Mundine doesn't hurt Geale early he will be outworked over the distance and possibly be stopped late.

I think the latter scenario is the most likely, so my selection is Geale. An upset win by Mundine though wouldn't surprise me.

One intangible is how will all the hype surrounding this fight affect Geale mentally.

Sure he's fought in front of big audiences before but I think the pressure will be on in this fight like never before. Mundine thrives on this sort of stuff while it remains to be seen how Geale handles it. He wasn't the overwhelming favourite in Germany like he is in this fight so it's a different kind of pressure.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 AM   #37
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post

One intangible is how will all the hype surrounding this fight affect Geale mentally.
seriously, the stress mundine has displayed, his outbursts, his desperation to have people believe in him, makes me think he is the one under greatest preasure.

geale is the one who seems quietly calm, confident, and biding his time to go to work. mundine seriously seems to have lost the plot.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #38
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Things happen in three's..........Ottke KO mandy..........Wood KO mandy.............and now look forward to No.3.......Geale KO mandy...........I can't wait Sox for you to put that 3rd & final pick of mandy on the floor..........can't wait!
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #39
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

ok this is my take....not sure to be honest ive always said this fight is bullshit.and choc is way over on the odds..hope geale wins..!if choc comes in at fight night at 76/78kg geale is in some serious trouble.thats the current trend in boxing that there putting heaps of weight on in the 24hr cycle...but i'll state this now so i can use it as a reference point later.."the ref is gonna **** this fight up big time and its gonna show big time also.."i really want geale to win this so we have a mini round off in the middle weight division cos my man is triple GGG but i smell a RAT in the REF...
mrdoctor is online now  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #40
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This is what will happen.
From the outset Geale will force fight.
Mundine down at least once in first four rounds.
Fight does not go beyond 7 rouinds.
Rocket up meets rocket down......Best summation
old man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #41
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think the fights relatively even, Mundine looks to be holding his own.
Geale steps it up in the 4th and KO's Mundine with a left uppercut.
Game over.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #42
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Geal UD or KO
pourya is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #43
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Deck View Post
I think the fights relatively even, Mundine looks to be holding his own.
Geale steps it up in the 4th and KO's Mundine with a left uppercut.
Game over.
i agree thats the shot he needs to throw more with geale, that uppercut
but the prediction is wrong!
pourya is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #44
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
seriously, the stress mundine has displayed, his outbursts, his desperation to have people believe in him, makes me think he is the one under greatest preasure.

geale is the one who seems quietly calm, confident, and biding his time to go to work. mundine seriously seems to have lost the plot.
you see mundine knows if he loses this one in a lopside decision or far worse, if he gets Koed he will not be able to fight and generate big $$ here!

Then he really has to go to the usa and fight on some undercard and at this stage of his career thats not what he wants to do.

But if he loses or gets KO there is one more big fight for him and thats Danny green at catchweight then good bye
pourya is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #45
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
Mundine is capable of winning the fight and he doesn't have to knock Geale out to do it.

He does however have to hurt Geale early. By hurting Geale early he can take away Geale's obvious advantage in workrate.

If Mundine doesn't hurt Geale early he will be outworked over the distance and possibly be stopped late.

I think the latter scenario is the most likely, so my selection is Geale. An upset win by Mundine though wouldn't surprise me.

Sure he's fought in front of big audiences before but I think the pressure will be on in this fight like never before. Mundine thrives on this sort of stuff while it remains to be seen how Geale handles it. He wasn't the overwhelming favourite in Germany like he is in this fight so it's a different kind of pressure.
True but i cant see mundine hurting geale early!
Geale looks confident and not rattled one bit- he seems like ''yes whatever'' attitude!

Also i feel geale is getting stronger and from the clips i seen i reckon he can pop a bit harder now.
pourya is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum