Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #271
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Best cherry pickers of all time.

Holyfield hands down ..

I mean 3 of the best fight with Bowe at heavy ,his comeback performance against Moore,his fight with George Foreman and Larry Holmes ,how he shocked the world and beat Tyson..I mean really who had a better body of work ? LL fought most.y all of Holyfield's left overs .
Imperial1 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #272
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushvinder View Post
So instead of fghting david tua when he was top ranked and in the middle of his prime, he should have fought tua when he was only a rising prospect?

Lennox has a resume better than most heavyweights like tyson and holmes, and you said i dont care what others think im not going to make a poll, yeah because most would disagree and say that your an idiot.

I love it how you like to take your statements as if they are fact and not just an ill mannered opinion. I love it you make it sound like oliver mccall and tommy morison were only on drugs when they fought lennox, but never touched any drugs at earlier stages of thier career. Are you thier personal stalkr? Do you give them pleasure and services, like how the **** do u know about when they used substances and when they didnt.
Well there are 100 boxing journalitss that agree with me about Lummox Lewis so go argue with them.

Tua was a ranked contender for a while and in good shape at 225 pounds. Look it up. Lewis only fights Tua when Tua balloons to 245-250.

Lewis has a better resume? Lummox Lewis fought a mere 44 fights. Compared to the greats,that's hardly a boxing career.

Tyson beat Prime Tony Tucker,Mike Spinks,Trevor Berbick,Razor Ruddock,Frank Bruno,

Holmes beat Norton,Cooney,Shavers

Lummox beat old fat drug addict Tucker,Old washed up drug addict Tyson,old Holyfield,old Ray Mercer,drug addict HIV positive Morrison etc

Lummox has no legacy.

And you asked if I stalk fighters and perform services for them? No but I did do some research. It just seems like a strange coincedence that most of Lewis opponents were at great disadvantages when he chose to fight them.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #273
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Holyfield hands down ..

I mean 3 of the best fight with Bowe at heavy ,his comeback performance against Moore,his fight with George Foreman and Larry Holmes ,how he shocked the world and beat Tyson..I mean really who had a better body of work ? LL fought most.y all of Holyfield's left overs .
Exactly.
I'm surprised the Lummox didnt get to Ali!

Lummox vs wheelchair bound Ali is a 50/50 fight!

If old man Ali connects with that famous glass jaw it's KO!
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #274
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
Tyson should have happened before Lewis stepped aside.
Of course. But everyone in the boxing world, almost to a man, wanted to see it in a year you are saying it shouldn't have happened. Deluded.

Quote:
The so called "phantom punch" clearly landed flush on the chin as seen in the "when we were kings" documentary.

Foreman drugged? Yeah that's why Ali said "George had me out on my feet but didn't know it."-Ali's autobiography.
Foreman punched himself out. Foreman was up at 8 and today,the fight would have continued but he had nothing left anyway.
i'm not arguing these things, I'm saying that you can find detailed, documented "articles" that say they are true. There is a whole book about Liston diving to Ali. It's called Night Train. It's the kind of thing you'd be on here spouting verbatim if Ali was the focus of your obsession rather than Lewis.

Quote:
Lummox could have fought David Tua when he was 225 pounds,instead he waited until Tua was 250. Ha! Classic Lennox.
That's...more stupidity, really. Tua was fighting for the International WBC belt the last time he was 225lbs. Then he got beaten by Ibeabuchi (16-0). Tua would see 225lbs one more time - in beating Rahman - the fight that rehabilitated him as a contender. Only after his victory over Rahman was Tua anything like in Lewis territory. And Lewis spanked him within two years. It is literally impossible for me to see this fight coming off at any other time.

Quote:
Lummox Lewis has no legacy.
Ridiculous. He's a two-time HW champion of the world, beat every man he ever faced, beat more contenders than all but a handful of heavyweights and is a lock on most top 10 HW lists on this forum.

His legacy is airtight.

Quote:
What is his signature win?
What is Carloz Zarate's?

What is Mike Tyson's?

What is Midget Wolgast's?

Quote:
And by the way,even if the Tyson-Lewis fan was wanted by casual fans who dont know shit,beating old drug additc Tyson means nothing.
Beating the #2 HW in the world always "means something."

What is wrong with you?
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #275
raffine

vCash: 500

BOXING: LENNOX GOES POTTY OVER TRAINER STEW; Manny's mouth sparks big-fight row

Dillon, John

The Mirror (London, England)

Mar 14, 2000

LENNOX LEWIS
has had a bust-up with trainer Emanuel Steward

just as he begins preparations for his first fight as undisputed world heavyweight champion.

Lewis was that Steward claimed Evander Holyfield should have won their historic, second clash last November

Lewis' promoter Panos Eliades was forced to step in and act as peacemaker

It is the latest twist in a relationship which has sometimes been rocky, although Steward will continue to train Lewis for his clash with Michael Grant in New York on April 29
raffine is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #276
raffine

Boxing: Lewis wars with trainer over title claim

Tracey, Ted

Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland)

Mar 14, 2000

LENNOX LEWIS has had a raging row with his trainer Emanuel Steward.

The bust-up came as he began the build-up to his first fight as undisputed world heavyweight champion.

Lewis was left fuming by reports that Steward claimed Evander Holyfield should have won their historic bout last November.

And the British fighter's promoter Panos Eliades was forced to step in as peacemaker in their war.

It is the latest twist in a relationship which has sometimes been rocky, although Steward will continue to train Lewis for his clash with Michael Grant in New York on April 29.
raffine is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #277
raffine

Boxing: Lewis sets sights on Holyfield

The Independent (London, England)

See all results for this publication

Browse back issues of this publication by date

September 26, 1998 | Leach, Glyn

Last weekend, America's "free" TV multitudes had the opportunity to see Holyfield in his first non-pay-per-view fight in two years

Lewis said. "I am glad that the Bean fight was on free TV in the USA, so that everyone got the chance to see it. My mouth was watering a bit - Holyfield looks very beatable
raffine is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #278
thechosen1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Wlad just look at his last 3 fights Wach Mormeck Thompson enough said
thechosen1 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #279
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffine View Post
BOXING: LENNOX GOES POTTY OVER TRAINER STEW; Manny's mouth sparks big-fight row

Dillon, John

The Mirror (London, England)

Mar 14, 2000

LENNOX LEWIS
has had a bust-up with trainer Emanuel Steward

just as he begins preparations for his first fight as undisputed world heavyweight champion.

Lewis was that Steward claimed Evander Holyfield should have won their historic, second clash last November

Lewis' promoter Panos Eliades was forced to step in and act as peacemaker

It is the latest twist in a relationship which has sometimes been rocky, although Steward will continue to train Lewis for his clash with Michael Grant in New York on April 29
Did Steward love Wlad more than Lewis?
If I read this post it seems the answer is yes.

Though I think/know Steward loved Hearns the most. (no homo)

Other trainer who really loved his boxer was Norman Stone. He was a pretty good trainer too and his fighters were never cold/stale but always a bit sweaty when they entered the ring.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

His best action
dyna is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #280
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Roy Jones Jr

Whenever he had a fight coming up, postal workers and roadsweepers everywhere feared they would get the call, yet some people call this chump an ATG

Roy Jones is the most successful con artist in boxing
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #281
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Let's cut the crap

Emmanuel Steward is on record as saying tyson was scared, intimidated by Lewis from the early days.

Tyson stood head to chest with Lewis and realised he couldn't beat this big guy who made him feel like a dwarf
Stop talking shit
Steward RIP, WOULD say that wouldnt he? Same Steward who was sucking Tysons **** after the fight

Lewis himself admitted when he sparred tyson that he hoped never to face this guy because he was an animal

Lewis/Tyson HBO Documentary.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #282
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Calzaghe was until until he fought Lacy, he could have had a far better resume but in he's own words he didnt want tough fights.

Mayweather since the De La Hoya fight has been poor, avoiding guys like Cotto, Margarito and Pac when each had huge success at welterweight is nothing short of pathetic, he's fans will make excuses but they are the real losers, he deprived them and boxing fans in general of epic fights, he could have added to hes legacy in leaps and bounds but he was too cautious.

ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #283
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Manny
Calzaghe
No one else comes close. You can say Floyd but he was never built up from it like the above mentioned.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #284
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I just want to thank JeanPaulValley for brutally owning McGrain. What a savage beating, McGrain should exit this site in shame.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #285
mylo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionsForever View Post
Calzaghe was until until he fought Lacy, he could have had a far better resume but in he's own words he didnt want tough fights.

Mayweather since the De La Hoya fight has been poor, avoiding guys like Cotto, Margarito and Pac when each had huge success at welterweight is nothing short of pathetic, he's fans will make excuses but they are the real losers, he deprived them and boxing fans in general of epic fights, he could have added to hes legacy in leaps and bounds but he was too cautious.

Agreed. Floyd has already ruined his legacy because of this.
mylo86 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum