Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #76
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Most deluded boxer?

I'd say his claim that himself and Pacquiao are the "best offensive fighters" is slightly deluded given that he has been beaten 3 times by slightly unheralded opponents and is yet to avenge those defeats. How can you be the best offensively if 3 guys have already beaten you and two of them have knocked you out?
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #77
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
I'd say his claim that himself and Pacquiao are the "best offensive fighters" is slightly deluded given that he has been beaten 3 times by slightly unheralded opponents and is yet to avenge those defeats. How can you be the best offensively if 3 guys have already beaten you and two of them have knocked you out?

ok based on that response, all boxers are deluded!
rampant is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #78
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel2010 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

was wrong there eh.
figures you'd like that second video since you've made no attempt to hide the fact you're a racist yourself. How you've not been banned I don't know. Classy stuff
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #79
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
ok based on that response, all boxers are deluded!
I think we have already covered that, they have to have a certain element of delusion to fight in the first place and need that inner confidence.

A better thread title would be "boxers that make the most outlandish statements with little evidence to back it up" and then we can all discuss it without coming back to the idea that anything anyone says is delusion rather than simply trash talk or fight selling.

Khan for me makes some incredibly outlandish statements! Is that better?!
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #80
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I think we have already covered that, they have to have a certain element of delusion to fight in the first place and need that inner confidence.

A better thread title would be "boxers that make the most outlandish statements with little evidence to back it up" and then we can all discuss it without coming back to the idea that anything anyone says is delusion rather than simply trash talk or fight selling.

Khan for me makes some incredibly outlandish statements! Is that better?!
Better thanks!
rampant is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #81
daddycool
Journeyman

Ike ibeabuchi....quite literally
daddycool is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #82
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Paul McCloskey, Paul McCloskey & more Paul McCloskey.

Oh andof course the Bragadocious Bhangra Bad Bwoy.......... Uzzy "Apache Indian" Ahmed!

BORKED
Unbelievable. Imagine getting disposed of like that after that entrance.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #83
jcairns1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Paul McCloskey
Paul Smith
James Degale
Martin Rogan
jcairns1 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #84
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post

Yeah Toney did come to mind, but like you I'm not sure if people like Toney and Holyfield believe what they say or if they are just looking for paydays. Steve Collins? For thinking RJJ was scared of him? That's pretty deluded.

Both Holyfield and Toney are both broke and looking to cash out IMO. Likewise I don't think they genuinely believe what they say. Shame that both are at this point of desperation

As for those listing the likes of Khan and DeGale - These guys have both fought at top level, and are looking to be world champions and the best in their divisions. They have to believe they're the best in the world
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #85
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Evander Holyfield in the last 10 years deserves a shout too. He's 50 yet still thinks he'd beat either of the Klitschkos if they gave him a shot. Said last year he'd retire if they didn't call him by the end of the week and when they didn't he backtracked and changed his mind.

Come on Evander, first it was funny, then it was embarrassing and now it's got to the point where it's just plain sad.
I think he can do it if he believes in himself and works hard.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #86
smigga#1

Quote:
wouldnt that just mean his defence sucked rather than his offense? just saying...
smigga#1 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #87
Rangersfan1982
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Kahn the clown
Rangersfan1982 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #88
jonnytightlips
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Good post. Anyone who has ambitions of greatness in life can relate to these guys somewhat. When you are trying to achieve something difficult, it's only natural for people to doubt you or tell you that you are wasting your time. They are only being realistic. The odds are against you, and only a very small percentage can reach the top. So these people that are saying you are better off doing something else are only being realistic. They are looking at the statistics and saying "only 0.001% of people can do it" or whatever the figure may be. What they can't measure is human desire. It does take a certain amount of delusion to make it to the top, so I can understand why these guys believe in their goals, because no one else is going to do it for them. If they were also realistic, they wouldn't get anywhere. Some of the goals they have are very unrealistic (for example, Khan ever challenging Mayweather or becoming p4p number 1) but like I said, you can't measure desire, and sometimes although these guys fail to reach their goal, they still come far.

Audley Harrison is a perfect example. Look at the ridicule he gets. "The biggest joke in British boxing". "The biggest clown in the heavyweight division. A joker". Is he deluded? Yeah he is, but look where it's gotten him. Multi-millionaire living the good life with his family, Olympic gold medalist and European Champ. Being called a clown by people who work in a shitty job, are generally miserable and will never even have ambitions of achieving greatness, never mind actually doing it. Clown people who are clowns in every area of their life (financially, socially, physically, intellectually, mentally) are trying to clown successful people (not that I have a problem with making fun of fighters, because I do it myself. We all have fighters we love and fighters we dislike, but I have never considered people like Audley jokers or a clowns of life). You can dislike these fighters, but you have to understand that they are winners.

Yeah Toney did come to mind, but like you I'm not sure if people like Toney and Holyfield believe what they say or if they are just looking for paydays. Steve Collins? For thinking RJJ was scared of him? That's pretty deluded.
Post of the year.
jonnytightlips is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #89
DirtMcGirt
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Charlie Zelenoff!
DirtMcGirt is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #90
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

Quote:
Isn't this down to his shocking defense rather than offense?
joegrundy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum