Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
kh80290z
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1043
Default How can you lose belly without losing upper body?

Im 511 1/2 barefoot, maybe 6 ft on a good day and hair spiked up.

I train a lot weight training, my perfect weight was 13 stones, no belly fat, but i wanted to gain weight because i wanted to be bigger,

now i am 14 stones, and have a bit of a belly, ive tried jogging, but the problem is what happens is my chest cut ups start fading away, and belly only goes slightly down.

Is there a way of just losing the belly, without losing upper mass, as my upper part of the body is good, and i dont really wanna go below 14 stones.

I can go back to 13 stones like i was before, but then im going backwards, i want to be 14 stones with no belly, and muscle.

Please can anybody help me.

I tried doing crunches but they say what happens is your abs will grow over the belly fat.

Im thinking should i go up to 14.5 stones then try going back down to 14 stones by jogging, but still how can you just get rid of belly.

1) how can i get rid of just belly without losing upper part, and not going less than my current weight which is 14 stones???
kh80290z is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How can you lose belly without losing upper body?

You can't really control your weight in terms of not going below 14stone.

You need to burn the fat as energy by having a caloric deficit each day.

You'll get various suggestions for retaining muscle but from experience you need to keep at least one pure strength session a week that way your body will try and retain as much as it can.

That worked for me
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
kh80290z
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1043

thanks for that, im going to try more cardio, but also do strength training. i may try lifting extra weights, what i need is muscle gain, and not fat gain.
kh80290z is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

You can't really gain decent mass without gaining fat. Your body needs sufficient resources to build the muscle.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Walk for 45 minutes on an empty stomach and count your calories.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1229

One important thing when trying to maintain muscle whilst losing fat is keeping a high protein intake & keeping a low carb intake that way you are burning fat and not cutting into your protein stores which would eventually burn away at the muscle.

Try taking in 1.5 grams of protein for every pound of your bodyweight, for instance when i started cutting from 17 stone 9lbs/247lbs i was taking in around 370g of protein a day and kept my carbs to less than 100g a day, i lost over a stone of fat and kept lean muscle i'm now sitting at around 16 stone 3lbs/227lbs.

Its not just calories you have to cut its carbs, you will need a decent ammount of calories to maintain your muscle, just keep the carbs low and do lots of cardio to lose the fat.

Last edited by Espin88; 01-29-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

lower calories (mostly carbs, maybe fat depending what your diet is now) but keep protein high....increase cardio...work strength low raps...you aint gonna add muscle anyhow, so just try to keep what you have and get stronger....once you lose your weight you add even more protein plus put some of those carbs back on..and you will start gaining muscle again.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh80290z View Post
thanks for that, im going to try more cardio, but also do strength training. i may try lifting extra weights, what i need is muscle gain, and not fat gain.
you aint gonna gain muscle while losing fat..unless your doing some kind of PEDs...and if you cut calories, you dont really want to try to jack up your lifting even more. More isnt always better..and with less fuel coming in you will just overtrain and really start breaking down the muscle. Again...cut overall calories by cutting carbs and maybe fat (again, you dont want to totally cut out fat..and i dont know where you are right now). Keep your protein high, lift a few less sets and heavier weight....do more cardio. Make sure you get plenty of sleep..that will help to keep you from losing muscle, and drink allot of water. Dont eat late (if you go to bed at 11, dont eat past 8. However, to avoid muscle loss, you can take about 15 grams of whey protein right before you go to bed.

take vitamins...spot reduction doesnt work, so so dont think that by doing sit ups you will lose your belly..however core work can help strengthen those muscles to help you hold yourself in a bit, and make you look better. Try to cut about a thousand calories a day, and try to burn a extra 500 a day, you will lose 3 pounds a week at that rate (first week should be more, maybe 7, next week 5, but that will mostly be water weight) again, make sure you drink plenty of water...some other fluids is fine..but water as well.

one thing i like to do, is take in some extra low/no carb fiber.....that will help to keep you regular (shitting) while your body is getting more protein.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

1.5 grams of protein per body weight it's way too much.

What the bodybuilders recommend for losing weight and keeping muscle is to find your tdee with a calculator online and then track your calories and make sure you're getting a deficit

Get .4 grams of fat per body weight and 1 gram of protein per lean body weight. Fill the rest with carbs

Last edited by bballchump11; 01-29-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: typo
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
1.5 grand of protein per body weight it's way too much.

What the bodybuilders recommend for losing weight and keeping muscle is to find your tdee with a calculator online and then track your calories and make sure you're getting a deficit
Bodybuilders also recommend 1g-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight if you want to add muscle, you can also track this online with a calculator: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Melchior

Quote:
1.5 grand of protein per body weight it's way too much.

Lyle McDonal recommends it.
Melchior is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espin88 View Post
Bodybuilders also recommend 1g-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight if you want to add muscle, you can also track this online with a calculator: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
isn't that during a bulk though?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
isn't that during a bulk though?
No mate the article is about maintaining your muscle whilst cutting fat it worked for me last year. But then again i havnt boxed in 6 years, i am talking bodybuilding here so i can understand why you think that may be a bit too much protein for a boxer. OP is a boxer right?
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espin88 View Post
No mate the article is about maintaining your muscle whilst cutting fat it worked for me last year. But then again i havnt boxed in 6 years, i am talking bodybuilding here so i can understand why you think that may be a bit too much protein for a boxer. OP is a boxer right?
oh ok, well tbh the amount I put is the minimum from what I learned, so you're right. I just prefer not to get too much protein, because I feel like trash if I don't get enough carbs, but everybody is different.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #15
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

The ring isn't the runway. As long as your cardio is up to snuff, don't worry about aesthetics.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing