Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #61
Deels
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Nigel Benn & The Es*** boys

As has been mentioned the Noye incident wasnt road rage, it was an argument over a drug deal that just happened to take place next to a main road. It was agreed to leave this aspect out of the court proceedings as it didnt help either the prosecution or the defence, so they agreed to ignore it
Deels is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #62
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
vCash: 1000

I understand Benn's contact with them was fleeting. Tate, Tucker, and Rolfe were just a load of halfwits who started to believe their own hype and in doing so became well out of their depth and paid the price. As far as I know no one apart from their own families was sorry to see the back of them.
David UK is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #63
dannylatics
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check my hook View Post
Didnt Leach and another used to work security for Benn and acompany him on ring walks etc
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Carlton Leech and Tong Tucker accompanied his to the ring against the G man.
dannylatics is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 01:42 AM   #64
silly_illy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdempsey85 View Post
Anyone got any stories about benn's friendship with tony tucker,carlton leach.

ive read benn saying that they werent hangers on and payed there way if they wanted to come to spain training.

Did he grow up with em?or wasnt it a west ham thing local lad?

Any crooks on here know who killed the es*** boys?After hearing all the stories and watching rise of the footsoldier it was very satisfying to see them get what they deserved right 'orrible cunts.
Yea Nigel Benn & Tony Tucker .....They were good friends! sooo close! like brothers even! had same geri curls & hair styles & everything!

silly_illy is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #65
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
anybody ever watch "es*** boys" the one with sean bean? hes a real cunt in it
yes great prformance. the last factually accurate of the films
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 AM   #66
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I don't think anyone can actually ascertain the legitimacy of any of the "facts" about what happened as there is so much conflicting information. It definitely wasn't O'Mahoney who was really just a nightclub bouncer on one the doors of a club that Tony Tucker used to run. He has somehow re-invented himself as some kind of underworld figure but is really just a desperate hanger-on. He was writing to the Krays in prison and visiting them despite having absolutely nothing to do with them in reality or any reason to be in contact with them other than wanting to be a part of that pathetic world of celebrity "gangsters".

Whoever did it obviously planned it extremely well and made sure they left very little evidence, as a professional hit should be. Anyone that has made a television program or written a book is hardly going to be an active criminal, they don't tend to broadcast their activities at all surprisingly, they tend to prefer a low profile as it keeps them out of jail.

The whole "es*** boys" saga has been blown out of proportion anyway, they were just a few roid munchers that ran a couple of doors that walked about thinking they were major players. The major players wouldn't ever get their hands dirty like that and the sensible ones certainly wouldn't live in the UK attending televised boxing matches with famous world champions, that's how Frank Lucas got caught back in the 70's remember!
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #67
Peter__1987

vCash:

I think Benn Tucker & Leach were quite close at one point actually, I've read Leach's book and he talks about how he was best man at Benn's wedding, and how him and Tucker used to go on holiday with Benn and some other stuff.

Not saying they were best mates or anything, but I think there was a friendship there, certainly more than a minder-client relationship.

I mean, you wouldn't have someone as your best man unless they were a good mate would you?

Here's some pics anyway

Last edited by Peter__1987; 01-29-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #68
jdempsey85
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1032

Great pics peter-1987

"Looks like a ****n honey monster"
jdempsey85 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #69
Bomber_uk
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
I don't think anyone can actually ascertain the legitimacy of any of the "facts" about what happened as there is so much conflicting information. It definitely wasn't O'Mahoney who was really just a nightclub bouncer on one the doors of a club that Tony Tucker used to run. He has somehow re-invented himself as some kind of underworld figure but is really just a desperate hanger-on. He was writing to the Krays in prison and visiting them despite having absolutely nothing to do with them in reality or any reason to be in contact with them other than wanting to be a part of that pathetic world of celebrity "gangsters".

Whoever did it obviously planned it extremely well and made sure they left very little evidence, as a professional hit should be. Anyone that has made a television program or written a book is hardly going to be an active criminal, they don't tend to broadcast their activities at all surprisingly, they tend to prefer a low profile as it keeps them out of jail.

The whole "es*** boys" saga has been blown out of proportion anyway, they were just a few roid munchers that ran a couple of doors that walked about thinking they were major players. The major players wouldn't ever get their hands dirty like that and the sensible ones certainly wouldn't live in the UK attending televised boxing matches with famous world champions, that's how Frank Lucas got caught back in the 70's remember!
Check out o'mahoney's work in 'uncovering the truth' about Alison Shaughnessy's murder. He started wrinting to the murderer with the sole intention of getting a confession and then writing a book about it.
Bomber_uk is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #70
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I wouldn't waste my time reading another book written by a buffoon like him again to be honest but I know he used to say that he used to write to people like The Yorkshire Ripper pretending to be an attractive woman to see if he would reply. Then when they often did he would probably use it to get in some paper and publicise him next lame book about some underworld dispute he had nothing to do with. Unfortunately I could write anything in a letter and would be proof of absolutely nothing, I could admit to 9/11 and kidnapping Shergar but I don't think the police would be knocking on my door any time soon.

Nice to know we have intelligent former nightclub bouncers trying to solve murders on behalf of the police though, that makes me feel all warm inside.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #71
Peter__1987

vCash:

As for O'Mahoney he just seems like a ****ing idiot to me, I'm not saying I have intimate knowledge of how The Es*** Boys firm worked or anything but it seems to like he was basically just a doorman for them who seen an opportunity to make a few quid and become one of these 'celebrity gangsters' and seized it with both hands.

If you want a good insight into all this read Carlton Leach's book Muscle, I'm well aware that like the average 'hardman' book he probably bends the truth here and there but it seems fairly honest for the most part, he doesn't make himself out to be some invincible street fighting machine or pretends that he was an international criminal or anything like that, it's mostly just stories about what happened around the time The Es*** Boys were all running wild full of Steroids and any recreational drug they could get their hands on.

And it has a few chapters about Benn too.

Decent read, if your interested in this kinda stuff.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #72
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
As for O'Mahoney he just seems like a ****ing idiot to me, I'm not saying I have intimate knowledge of how The Es*** Boys firm worked or anything but it seems to like he was basically just a doorman for them who seen an opportunity to make a few quid and become one of these 'celebrity gangsters' and seized it with both hands.

If you want a good insight into all this read Carlton Leach's book Muscle, I'm well aware that like the average 'hardman' book he probably bends the truth here and there but it seems fairly honest for the most part, he doesn't make himself out to be some invincible street fighting machine or pretends that he was an international criminal or anything like that, it's mostly just stories about what happened around the time The Es*** Boys were all running wild full of Steroids and any recreational drug they could get their hands on.

And it has a few chapters about Benn too.

Decent read, if your interested in this kinda stuff.
Leach is a bullshitter mate.Him and Tucker were so terrified of going to the garage that I don't doubt for a second both would have sold their kids' eyes to stay out.
And Tucker should've been got much sooner for that disgraceful barnet!
Tate should've took the clippers to that midden of a haircut purely out of embarrassment for being seen with Tucker.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #73
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Leach is a bullshitter mate.Him and Tucker were so terrified of going to the garage that I don't doubt for a second both would have sold their kids' eyes to stay out.
And Tucker should've been got much sooner for that disgraceful barnet!
Tate should've took the clippers to that midden of a haircut purely out of embarrassment for being seen with Tucker.

I'm sure Leach does lie about a lot mate (like all hardmen do) what I was alluding too was in comparison to the rest of the 'celebrity gangsters' he's not THAT bad.

Have you read his book? He doesn't actually make very many outlandish claims at all.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #74
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post

I'm sure Leach does lie about a lot mate (like all hardmen do) what I was alluding too was in comparison to the rest of the 'celebrity gangsters' he's not THAT bad.

Have you read his book? He doesn't actually make very many outlandish claims at all.
I read it a few years ago mate.Actually it was a good bit before he had the movie so he was just another criminal-turned-author whose book I read because it was lying about.
The only thing that stuck in my mind was when he talked of never having been to jail but had come close..blah,blah.
A good sign of a successful criminal is someone who's never been to jail and it's only an indication of failure if you have been,but when guys like Leach feel the need to justify not having been,my bullshit filter goes onto Code Red,and it's a big ask to regain even a modicum of credibility after that.
Bottom line is he tried to make a celebrity name for himself purely on the basis of being close friends with a dead bully.
Not my cup of tea mate,but it's only my opinion.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 AM   #75
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Whats the deal with Noye? I had never heard a peep about the man until the road rage incident. Since then bits and pieces have come out that he was a major player in the under world. Am I just not ITK or was he a very quiet man going about his business?
Common knowledge even on wiki that it was no roadrage incident allegedley.

Stephen Cameron allegedly was a drug dealer.

He owed Noye money.

Almost everybody on the roundabout at the time was a gangland figure. Just look at the witnesses in the case.

Noye goes may back to the Big famous Gold job.
Will is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum