Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #46
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960
Default Re: Will Sky Show Big Domestic Showdowns Again With Safe Eddie At The Helm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I am noticing that Jack, Marlow and Rob consistently defend Eddie. Could this be a new trend, the promoter nut-hugger?
I notice you slate Eddie.

#newagejealousy

Worth pointing out that I disagree with him on the sky dates/ppv argument.
Marlow is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #47
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Sky Show Big Domestic Showdowns Again With Safe Eddie At The Helm?

Why does it have to be about jealousy? Perhaps I just don't agree with how Ed is handling this? Your tactic is a traditional and childish response to a sound argument. I do slate Eddie, but you'll also notice I'm an equal opportunities hater.

I criticise Frank, Bob, Oscar, and particularly that fat bastard Gary Shaw just as much when deserved.

In an ironic touch that you're unlikely to grasp, I defended Eddie in this very thread.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #48
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Why does it have to be about jealousy? Perhaps I just don't agree with how Ed is handling this? Your tactic is a traditional and childish response to a sound argument. I do slate Eddie, but you'll also notice I'm an equal opportunities hater.

I criticise Frank, Bob, Oscar, and particularly that fat bastard Gary Shaw just as much when deserved.

In an ironic touch that you're unlikely to grasp, I defended Eddie in this very thread.
You started the typical childish response with the term nut hugger then when someone responds in kind you throw your toys out of the pram. It's what you do.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #49
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
I am noticing that Jack, Marlow and Rob consistently defend Eddie. Could this be a new trend, the promoter nut-hugger?
Why wouldn't a boxing fan show support for the promoter who delivers the best results for the boxing fans? That's ridiculous.

I'm not for or against any promoter for the sake of it. I used to be extremely critical of Hennessy a while ago, and I think those criticisms were fair at the time, but now I am happy to say he's turned things round and is doing an excellent job. I don't have any personal bias, I just want what is best for the sport and for the fighters. The promoters who are delivering right now are Hearn and Hennessy, and all the others aren't delivering for us fans.

I'll continue to support promoters who do the right thing for the fans and fighters. I'm not going to support those who ruin careers, refuse to pay the fighters and rip fighters off, just for the sake of being unbiased. I am biased - but only towards those promoters who make the sport better.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #50
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
It's hard to keep all the boxing fans happy and ultimately some will prefer it this way to another and vice versa.

Everyone laid into FW for matching Burns against "domestic opposition" last year and generally if a fighter doesn't go to america or fight international names operating at world level then they get lambasted for it, on ESB especially.

But this thread is a complaint that Hearns fighters are more likely to manoeuvre themselves into world title contention fighting ranked international fighters than fighting their domestic (but probably for the most part poorer and lower ranked) rivals? I've never been one to get obsessed with domestic match ups and would rather Brits took on the best abroad personally. There are some natural domestic match ups that I'd like to see like Price/Fury or Barker/Macklin and Frampton/Quigg but I'm happy to see cards that show case a British fighter against an international opponent if that later leads to a world title shot for that same guy.
This. Those fights should only happen if they make sense.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #51
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No. We watch his cards on TV and enjoy them, We attend his shows in person and enjoy them. We like the way he manages and promotes his fighters. So yes we go out of the way to support him.

We as much nut huggers of Hearn as you are a Hater.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #52
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You started the typical childish response with the term nut hugger then when someone responds in kind you throw your toys out of the pram. It's what you do.
Because it was utterly tongue in cheek. But I'm noticing irony and context are not your strong suits.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #53
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
No. We watch his cards on TV and enjoy them, We attend his shows in person and enjoy them. We like the way he manages and promotes his fighters. So yes we go out of the way to support him.

We as much nut huggers of Hearn as you are a Hater.
The last sentence is my point - you think he's all for the good, ignoring the crap stuff he does. I sometimes overlook the good. The difference is I hold every promoter to the same standard.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #54
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I think eddie has done quite well so far with the sky deal. I would like to see more ,but the quality has gone up so no complaints from me.

Ron, did you get married recently? Is that so you can stay in America? Good luck with your new life mate!
alba is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #55
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Also people who say Carl Froch is on a different level than Ricky Burns..? is he really.

Carl Froch has got the while might of Sky behind him, and he's not really got the notoriety in England as such fighters like Haye or Khan.

Where as Ricky Burns is a national hero in Scotland.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #56
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The last sentence is my point - you think he's all for the good, ignoring the crap stuff he does. I sometimes overlook the good. The difference is I hold every promoter to the same standard.
i have been critical of eddie at times and praise other promoters when they do well. Eddie just does allot more right and allot less wrong.

my questions you refused to answer last week were very valid to our argument.

what was the last show you attended?
what was the last matchroom and ***** show you attended?
did you attend with casual fans?
have those fans been back or started to follow boxing?
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #57
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
I think eddie has done quite well so far with the sky deal. I would like to see more ,but the quality has gone up so no complaints from me.

Ron, did you get married recently? Is that so you can stay in America? Good luck with your new life mate!
agree with this.

yeh mate got married in december....got another wedding in september though lol! thanks man.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #58
Hoshi
bigboi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Why wouldn't a boxing fan show support for the promoter who delivers the best results for the boxing fans? That's ridiculous.

I'm not for or against any promoter for the sake of it. I used to be extremely critical of Hennessy a while ago, and I think those criticisms were fair at the time, but now I am happy to say he's turned things round and is doing an excellent job. I don't have any personal bias, I just want what is best for the sport and for the fighters. The promoters who are delivering right now are Hearn and Hennessy, and all the others aren't delivering for us fans.

I'll continue to support promoters who do the right thing for the fans and fighters. I'm not going to support those who ruin careers, refuse to pay the fighters and rip fighters off, just for the sake of being unbiased. I am biased - but only towards those promoters who make the sport better.
Spot on pal. While boxnation has been quality for the cards around the world that sky have no interest in, domestically the F.****** cards are absolutely atrocious.

His latest one has a surprisingly good main event but once again a terrible undercard. Groves and Cleverley fighting nobodies. Disappointed.

Hearn while new to this game has his fighters on sky in hd fighting regularly against decent opposition. Its only a matter of time before he ends up with the vast majority of names from the other promoters too.
Hoshi is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #59
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
Spot on pal. While boxnation has been quality for the cards around the world that sky have no interest in, domestically the F.****** cards are absolutely atrocious.

His latest one has a surprisingly good main event but once again a terrible undercard. Groves and Cleverley fighting nobodies. Disappointed.

Hearn while new to this game has his fighters on sky in hd fighting regularly against decent opposition. Its only a matter of time before he ends up with the vast majority of names from the other promoters too.
Yeh pretty much any free agent is gonna sign with them.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #60
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Because it was utterly tongue in cheek. But I'm noticing irony and context are not your strong suits.
So you thought #newagejealousy was a legit quote then? Methinks irony and context aren't your strong suits either.
Marlow is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum