Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #3076
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

I don't think Pichit would necessarily beat Yuh. But check out his fight with Blanco. You'll really appreciate Pichit's destructive and rapid-fire combos. It's over quick.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #3077
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I don't think Pichit would necessarily beat Yuh. But check out his fight with Blanco. You'll really appreciate Pichit's destructive and rapid-fire combos. It's over quick.
I prefer to watch these fights in good quality, and decent resolution, unfortunately WBVA doesn't have anything currently uploaded of him. I'll have to see YT.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #3078
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I uploaded it to YouTube.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 AM   #3079
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Both those Veeraphol-Samson fights are on YouTube Lester, BoranBKK uploaded them
The first KO was excellent.

Damn, Saharpom was down in the second fight too.
But he knocked out both Samson and the referee!

Good fights.
Lester1583 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #3080
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Matthysse-Dallas Jr.

I had Lucas ahead by a round...tight tight decision
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #3081
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Wanheng Menayothin UD12 Crison Omayao

115-114 to Omayao on my card, all three judges had it 116-111 Manayothin.

This is an interesting little fight that saw Omayao travel from the Philippines to Thailand to take on a now 26-0, then 18-0 Menoyothin (currently ranked #8 at strawweight by the TBR) for some weird in-between WBC strap.

Omayao is a powderpuff puncher, absolutely nothing on these shots, but he's a good mover with very decent handspeed and a gift for weaving shots together in a pleasing way. Doesn't ever put the brake on to land what you would call combinations though, he's mostly shoe-shining.

Menayothin on the other-hand is this bullet-headed pressure fighter, physically far more sturdy, clearly landing the harder punches (though he's no Jimmy Wilde) but not throwing enough, seemingly needing all his concentration just to keep his guy moving (he corners him only a couple of times).

First couple of rounds, Omayao is running away with it, throwing more, landing more, decent jab upstairs, but he looks fragile and is getting moved about a lot. By this steady pressure. he's winning these rounds without becoming the boss or anything like it.

Menayothin wins a close 3rd landing for the first time with regularity, and he's really chasing Omayao around. Hard to score rounds like this to a fighter. Menayothin has the goods in both aggression and hitting power. Hard to overcome.

After six I have it even, but Omayao nicked the seventh for me with his best punch of the fight, an uppercut, and a couple of fast two-punch combos as well as a decent body attack. I also thought Omayao won the 9th, but Menayothin was also docked a point for a low blow - harshly. It was low, but it was his first of the fight and Omayao was basically ok, so why he decided to dock a point I don't know.

The fight turned a little bit on this low blow and Menayothin took the 10th and 11th but for me, Omayao grabbed the 12th with snipping punches from distance as he kept mobile.

So I had it 6-6 in rounds with the low blow by Menayothin making it a slender win for Omayao on my card. It is the type of fight where you score what you like, maybe, but I'm still a little uncomfy with the judges cards.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #3082
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Holy v Bowe 2.

I've made a promise to myself that any close fights I see, I will watch thrice and take my verdict over 3 viewings as my final decision. The first time I saw this I had holy winning. Second time I had it a draw. Today I just scored it 7-5.... Holy.

I reckon this is his greatest performance ever. I know Bowe was a bit overweight but he was as prime as can get aside from his appetite. I heard an anecdote that before the rematch, steward ordered a pizza every day for a month to Bowe's hotel room and every day it was graciously received. Could explain the extra 11 pounds

I'm on a bit of a holy high atm. Watched some of his pre loss fights from cw to hw and I've never been so impressed by him as I am now. Defence aside he could do a whole lot in the ring.

Anyways this was a great fight and one I thought Bowe was on his way to taking before that great 10th round rally by Holy, followed up by a solid effort in the 11th. Would have been interesting had Holy not got the break for the mouthpiece in the final, even more so had Bowe not got the break for fanman im the 7th.

I think I had Holy 6-2 up after 8 and Bowe was coming on really strong before that finish at the bell in ten. Great fight and just as good as the second imo.

I'm gonna watch Holy v Moorer for the third time as well had both men winning the prior two watches.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #3083
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Just watched Moorer v Holy and I gotta say the fight was better than I remembered it to be. I had it very very close in fact i had it even going into the final round and you know what, atlas's words finally got through. Michael fought a good fight in the last round and deservedly took the belts home.

I've given MM a lot if stick in the past and maybe there are guys who would always have beaten him, but he did what he had to do and he earnt the status of World Champion that night. I could argue "yeah but would he ever beat Bowe or Lewis?" and to be fair the answer is probably no, but that doesn't matter, MM fought the guy who'd just beaten Bowe and rightly or wrongly he was declared mando so got the shot before Lewis (who was just about to lose to his mando) so credit where credit is due, he earnt the belts that night.

Interestingly enough i think it is also obvious that Holy had declined since the last Bowe fight and he really was there for the taking so i think MM is fortunate in that it was he who got the shot. But still he went im against the man regarded the best in the world and he finished the fight like a champion.

I still think he was far from a great hw but I'm willing to give him credit for what he achieved, more so than previously anyways.

We all know what happens next though, Foreman smokes him, hangs on the his belts against Schulz, refuses to ever fight a ranked opponent again and the division is in disarray until the return of Iron Mike Tyson.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #3084
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

^^ Thats what HW boxing is all about luff, fearless warriors going toe to toe. You only finding that out now? It was nothing like the debacle Wlad has turned it into today.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #3085
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Aturo Gatti vs Wilson Rodriguez- Fight of the year 1996.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #3086
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Just watched Moorer v Holy and I gotta say the fight was better than I remembered it to be. I had it very very close in fact i had it even going into the final round and you know what, atlas's words finally got through. Michael fought a good fight in the last round and deservedly took the belts home.

I've given MM a lot if stick in the past and maybe there are guys who would always have beaten him, but he did what he had to do and he earnt the status of World Champion that night. I could argue "yeah but would he ever beat Bowe or Lewis?" and to be fair the answer is probably no, but that doesn't matter, MM fought the guy who'd just beaten Bowe and rightly or wrongly he was declared mando so got the shot before Lewis (who was just about to lose to his mando) so credit where credit is due, he earnt the belts that night.

Interestingly enough i think it is also obvious that Holy had declined since the last Bowe fight and he really was there for the taking so i think MM is fortunate in that it was he who got the shot. But still he went im against the man regarded the best in the world and he finished the fight like a champion.

I still think he was far from a great hw but I'm willing to give him credit for what he achieved, more so than previously anyways.

We all know what happens next though, Foreman smokes him, hangs on the his belts against Schulz, refuses to ever fight a ranked opponent again and the division is in disarray until the return of Iron Mike Tyson.
Not true, Foreman 'lost' to Briggs and then Lennox beat Tyson. Or do you we actually think the way-past-it Bruno with an abysmal has tank was no.1 after beating McCall?

Anyway; Schulz was 'roiding. Foreman was an old man. Cut him some slack mayne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
^^ Thats what HW boxing is all about luff, fearless warriors going toe to toe. You only finding that out now? It was nothing like the debacle Wlad has turned it into today.
Is that what you got from his post? Because I didn't.

Who are you anyway? Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Aturo Gatti vs Wilson Rodriguez- Fight of the year 1996.
Interesting, I really get a gold grasp of the fight and your viewing experience from this.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #3087
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Not true, Foreman 'lost' to Briggs and then Lennox beat Tyson. Or do you we actually think the way-past-it Bruno with an abysmal has tank was no.1 after beating McCall?

Anyway; Schulz was 'roiding. Foreman was an old man. Cut him some slack mayne.

Is that what you got from his post? Because I didn't.

Who are you anyway? Welcome

Interesting, I really get a gold grasp of the fight and your viewing experience from this.
no I reckon foreman was arguably number 1 after sparking MM. However after the close scrape with Schulz combined with Bowes showings against Golota and Tysons blitz of Bruno, Tyson moved to the head of the pack.

In no way shape or form was Briggs ever more than fringe top ten until the lyak victory.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #3088
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Yeah he was he beat George Foreman. As I can score it 115-113 to George as I have to accept that the judges may've seen it differently. If I thought it was 120-108 George then I'd kick up a fuss.

I do think George won the fight mind.

Your opinion and I can see it but if Briggs was never even close to fringe top ten until stopping Sergei than what does it say of Lennox's ability that he nearly got trucked inside a round by him? Or at least got badly hurt a couple of times. And hit him with his best shots over and over and still found resistance (from an asthmatic no less)

What does it say of Vitali that he couldn't stop a shot Briggs with thousands of flush punches?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #3089
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yeah he was he beat George Foreman. As I can score it 115-113 to George as I have to accept that the judges may've seen it differently. If I thought it was 120-108 George then I'd kick up a fuss.

I do think George won the fight mind.

Your opinion and I can see it but if Briggs was never even close to fringe top ten until stopping Sergei than what does it say of Lennox's ability that he nearly got trucked inside a round by him? Or at least got badly hurt a couple of times. And hit him with his best shots over and over and still found resistance (from an asthmatic no less)

What does it say of Vitali that he couldn't stop a shot Briggs with thousands of flush punches?
In terms of the top of the division it wasn't a very relevant fight.

It says Lewis took him lightly and old man vitali can't punch for shit.

I just think neither man entered the ring with a top ten ranking and neither left it with one.

The main fight of the year in the division was Tyson v Holy it isn't really debatable.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #3090
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

'Neither man entered the ring with a top ten ranking'

I disagree. IMO no one beat Foreman after he beat the champion. But I respect and understand your stance nonetheless.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum