Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #46
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Harlem, New York
Posts: 5,068
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

I agree with everyone there except bradley. i'm not totally sold on him beating matthysse for sure.
m8te is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #47
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,036
vCash: 3000
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

None of those fighters you listed fight at Matthysse weight. I would favour Floyd, Bradley and Marquez but none of them outside of Marquez will fight at 140 lbs.

Guerrero vs Matthysse would be a good fight.
weegriffin is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #48
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 4,429
vCash: 1444
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

None of these guys fight at 140 end thread.
box4life11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #49
klimting
????
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 717
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Money May- Would beat him on the back foot. Lucas not refined enough to catch him. Floyd would be more safety first than any other fight in his career; but would UD him.
Tim Bradley- 50/50 i reckon. Bradley is a better boxer but i think his lack of pop would lead to Lucas being undeterred. Eventually he's going to land bombs; Bradley's chin is so far so good so it remains to be seen whether he can take those shots off Matthysse.
Ghost Guerrero- Iron Chin, Great boxer schools .....yes, but also loves to 'prove his warrior spirit' and indulge in fire-fights. Not sure if his chin would hold up. 50/50 i guess......
Marquez- Would have to box smart and avoid exchanging with Lucas; if he fought in the same manner as he did in Pac III then i'm sure he would take a UD no bother.
klimting is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #50
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,373
vCash: 1233
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by box4life11 View Post
Bradley doesn't even have power so he's definitely ****ed
people just need to start ignoring your posts
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #51
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,288
vCash: 500
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

[quote=box4life11;14668258]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
I keep posting this, but Bradley is prime, has too many dimensions, and always is in tremendous shape to go 12 hard rounds. I'd pick him over anyone 147 and down.[/QUOTE

I bet if him and Matthysse fought you wouldn't put your money where your mouth is.
They just talking out their ass,ppl wish there was 4 guys who could legitimately beat lucas.They're mad because he's a threat to anybody from 140-147lb even their fav fighters.All bark no bite,they wouldn't have the balls to bet against Lucas unless they're that stupid.
Box702 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #52
kirk
C1
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ill swallow my Blood before i swallow my Pride
Posts: 25,036
vCash: 1001
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Only one that whoops him out of those 4 is mayweather. And even there Im not so sure at this point (I think May is slipping pretty bad)

Bradley and JMM are both close, hard fought fights, that Lucas would be a liiiiive underdog against.

Ghost vs Lucas is a toss up, imo.

Dont see how anyone thinks Ghost 'whoooops' Lucas
kirk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #53
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
Posts: 2,435
vCash: 157
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Mayweather UD

JMM 60/40 (in favor of JMM)

Bradley 55/45 (in favor of Lucas)

Guerrero 50/50
Garrus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #54
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,125
vCash: 138
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimting View Post
Money May- Would beat him on the back foot. Lucas not refined enough to catch him. Floyd would be more safety first than any other fight in his career; but would UD him.
Tim Bradley- 50/50 i reckon. Bradley is a better boxer but i think his lack of pop would lead to Lucas being undeterred. Eventually he's going to land bombs; Bradley's chin is so far so good so it remains to be seen whether he can take those shots off Matthysse.
Ghost Guerrero- Iron Chin, Great boxer schools .....yes, but also loves to 'prove his warrior spirit' and indulge in fire-fights. Not sure if his chin would hold up. 50/50 i guess......
Marquez- Would have to box smart and avoid exchanging with Lucas; if he fought in the same manner as he did in Pac III then i'm sure he would take a UD no bother.
Lucas doens't punch harder than Mosley or Oscar and PBF didn't fight either off his back foot. PBF doesn't need to be on his back foot to beat a limited and slow guy like Matthysee he can stay in the pocket make him miss beat him to the punch and counter the shit outta him. Not to mention he hits hard enough to get your respect.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #55
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,125
vCash: 138
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

[quote=Box702;14668447]
Quote:
Originally Posted by box4life11 View Post

They just talking out their ass,ppl wish there was 4 guys who could legitimately beat lucas.They're mad because he's a threat to anybody from 140-147lb even their fav fighters.All bark no bite,they wouldn't have the balls to bet against Lucas unless they're that stupid.
I would put 3K on PBF if he ever got into the ring with Matthysee, it would be the easiest money I would have ever made.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #56
kirk
C1
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ill swallow my Blood before i swallow my Pride
Posts: 25,036
vCash: 1001
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Lucas doens't punch harder than Mosley or Oscar and PBF didn't fight either off his back foot. PBF doesn't need to be on his back foot to beat a limited and slow guy like Matthysee he can stay in the pocket make him miss beat him to the punch and counter the shit outta him. Not to mention he hits hard enough to get your respect.
Or Ortiz for that matter. (imo)
kirk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #57
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,125
vCash: 138
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Or Ortiz for that matter. (imo)
True dat.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #58
kirk
C1
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ill swallow my Blood before i swallow my Pride
Posts: 25,036
vCash: 1001
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Speaking of Ortiz,

Ortiz vs Matthysse would be one sick fight.

Ortiz has dropped or stopped 15 out of his last 17 opponents , including Berto, Maidana and Peterson. Only his last two fights did this not happen in.

Matthysse has dropped or stopped his last 12 opponents in a row.

This would be a fun fun clash.
kirk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #59
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
Posts: 2,435
vCash: 157
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Lucas doens't punch harder than Mosley or Oscar and PBF didn't fight either off his back foot. PBF doesn't need to be on his back foot to beat a limited and slow guy like Matthysee he can stay in the pocket make him miss beat him to the punch and counter the shit outta him. Not to mention he hits hard enough to get your respect.
Come on, you don't gotta shit on the guy just because he'll get beat by Floyd.

He's a freaking ATG!
Garrus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #60
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,125
vCash: 138
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Speaking of Ortiz,

Ortiz vs Matthysse would be one sick fight.

Ortiz has dropped or stopped 15 out of his last 17 opponents , including Berto, Maidana and Peterson. Only his last two fights did this not happen in.

Matthysse has dropped or stopped his last 12 opponents in a row.

This would be a fun fun clash.
I agree it would be and I would love to see it. Love him or hate him but Ortiz is always in exciting fights and is good for the sport. I hope he gets back into the ring ASAP.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013