Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #46
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man View Post
There's a rumour he was KOd early on in his career by a spin kick to the chin.
Glass jaws exist in children.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Then he found cocaine, booze and ladies......
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #48
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEVO View Post
Then he found cocaine, booze and ladies......
living la vida loca ...

he should stick to MMA. I think he will have more success there.
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #49
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillth3sameg View Post
i know him personally... cool kid, father is raping his childhood though. he always seems more relaxed when his pops isnt at the gym

Of course this would be true. This will destroy the father/son bond, just like it did with the Mayweathers. I also agree with the earlier poster about too much muscle development at that age. He can learn the sport without working in it so strenuously. What's the hurry?
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #50
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
Eastern Europe has produced no elite fighters besides the Klitschkos. Even they left as soon as they could.

The US has produced the best fighters of all time and still has more champions than any other country. US and Mexico rule boxing.

The kid is an amateur and boxing starts from the grassroots up, the US have been terrible in the amateurs in recent years and as a result there are no good American pros coming through. The US system produces fighters with more style than substance, it's more about looking good than being good. When a fighter does well in the amateurs he generally does well in the pros, i.e Andre Ward. The US is lagging behind and it all starts in the amateurs. I don't care about the entire history of boxing, the story right now is that US boxing is in poor condition. This kid isn't going to develop as a boxer in the US, he'd be better off following the MMA route.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #51
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post

The kid is an amateur and boxing starts from the grassroots up, the US have been terrible in the amateurs in recent years and as a result there are no good American pros coming through. The US system produces fighters with more style than substance, it's more about looking good than being good. When a fighter does well in the amateurs he generally does well in the pros, i.e Andre Ward. The US is lagging behind and it all starts in the amateurs. I don't care about the entire history of boxing, the story right now is that US boxing is in poor condition. This kid isn't going to develop as a boxer in the US, he'd be better off following the MMA route.
If the Eastern Euro system is so great than why do all the best slavic fighters like W. Klitschko and GGG abandon it as soon as they can and get American trainers.

Nobody cares about the amateurs.
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #52
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
If the Eastern Euro system is so great than why do all the best slavic fighters like W. Klitschko and GGG abandon it as soon as they can and get American trainers.

Nobody cares about the amateurs.
Because that's where the money is

If the US was winning anything then you'd change your tune.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #53
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

a bunch of grown ass men who are supposed to be boxing fans hating on a little kid that hasn't even finished puberty yet. This kid is an amateur star too. May he become a successful pro and beat your then favorite fighter's ass in front of your very own eyes.
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #54
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3166

hundereds of people his age have talents that unfortunately go by the ways side, as some one pointed out wait till his late teens and then see if the dedication is still there.
time will tell
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #55
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Because that's where the money is

If the US was winning anything then you'd change your tune.
Brian Viloria
Nonito Donaire
Miguel Angel Garcia
Adrien Broner
Danny Garcia
Floyd Mayweather
Andre Ward
Bernard Hopkins etc etc

ALL came through the American system....seems America is still able to produce good boxers.

How many no.1 ranked fighters in their division has eastern europe produced in the past decade?
irishny is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #56
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickstar View Post
a bunch of grown ass men who are supposed to be boxing fans hating on a little kid that hasn't even finished puberty yet. This kid is an amateur star too. May he become a successful pro and beat your then favorite fighter's ass in front of your very own eyes.
This ^
irishny is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #57
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

didn't watch cause it said boxing/mma prodigy
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #58
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillth3sameg View Post
i know him personally... cool kid, father is raping his childhood though.
what a damn shame
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #59
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

dude you're crazy, it's the am system that ****s up the americans, not the quality of training and fighters, ever notice how they still always outperform the euros when they turn pro, these same americans that were ousted in the 1st and 2nd round of the olympics go on to be world champs and successful pros whereas the medal winning euros stay am forever and when they turn pro they fade into obscurity. the americans have a style far better suited to the pros which is why they're still dominating in the pro ranks. Am boxing has turned into garbage, i'll never watch the olympics again, the last 2 were an embarrassment to the sport.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #60
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

That is more indicative of recent changes in the sport than an assessment of the quality of US (pro) program. Amateur Boxing no longer resembles Boxing. It is a fencing match. It doesn't translate well to the pros. A pro style doesn't translate well to it.

This is why previous years' Olympic rosters read like a who-will-be-who in pro Boxing. Now? Who are the gold medalists and what have they done? The winners are a bunch of nobodies on the pro scene.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum