Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #16
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Good news.

I hope it's not Lopez, though. He'll smash Khan up.

Cano would be good.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #17
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I knew this fight wouldn't materialise, the only fight Khan should be after is Garcia/Peterson if you ask me. He needs a belt and to avenge his losses to get back into competition, he brings nothing to the table for most other fighters now as he is high risk low reward. There isn't anyone else really out there for him at 140 other than Matthysse who he definitely doesn't want to go near.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #18
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Good news.

I hope it's not Lopez, though. He'll smash Khan up.

Cano would be good.
Lopez was getting beat by Ortiz until he landed the jaw breaker. He's that great IMO, Khan's better. I feel the Ortiz result flatters him a bit.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #19
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Lopez was getting beat by Ortiz until he landed the jaw breaker. He's that great IMO, Khan's better. I feel the Ortiz result flatters him a bit.
True. But when looking hit him -- his attributes -- I just feel he's all wrong for Khan. At the very least he'd give him the same fight that Peterson gave. He's got decent pop, great chin, good reach and great heart. Combine that with aggression and Khan's gonna' have a hard time.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #20
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think Khan is going to have a pretty rough time against any top opponent as they all know he can't fight inside and that if you time him coming in with a counter you can drop him and possibly KO him if you get it right. He is capable of out boxing people but there is always the risk that he gets caught with something big. Peterson didn't even really come with a game plan other than to walk him down and keep it close up and throw plenty of leather on the inside. That totally nullifies Khan as he has no space to get his shots off and isn't that hard to hit inside.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #21
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Yeah, that's the thing now. Khan is one of the most vulnerable fighters in the sport. He's an open book that even lesser fighters have a great shot at beating him. I know it's all we harp on about, but again, that chin of his really is a curse.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #22
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Can't stand all this catchweight ****. That's why got massive respect for Rosado when he said let Golovkin fight at 160 as normal. May of not worked out for the guy but he wanted to do things in the right way.

Khan's good enough to beat Senchenko at 140/147/154. The guy's not that good a fighter lets face it Hatton after 3 years lay off and abuse of his temple still was beating the guy on the scorecards.

Just my two pennies worth but i'm glad i'd prefer Lopez as well.

Cool Avi, I got a photo with him earlier this year after his gig in Manchester, amazing talent.
FloydWillnever is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #23
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Yeah, that's the thing now. Khan is one of the most vulnerable fighters in the sport. He's an open book that even lesser fighters have a great shot at beating him. I know it's all we harp on about, but again, that chin of his really is a curse.
Sorry Rico, but that's a load of bs.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #24
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Shame this isnt happening, Senchenko is tailormade for Khan.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #25
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lopez will be tough fight for Khan. Khan tends to struggle against bigger opponents
mishima is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #26
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Sorry Rico, but that's a load of bs.
How so, Laz?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #27
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
How so, Laz?
Saying that he's one of the most vulnerable fighters in the game. That's extreme, very extreme.

Don't forget he's fighting at the highest level in his division. Rico, if that chin is so bad, please explain how he took Maidana's, Judah's, Peterson's punches. No chin is made to withstand shots. Why is that when we see knock outs, do we have to presume that someone's chin is weak? Yeah alright he's been KD'd before when he was a young lightweight, against mediocre opposition (with all due respect to them) but what did he do after that? Go up a division and face world level opposition and take their punches, but go back to the same old reputation because he's been stopped in his fight w/ Garcia.

Them comments are just based on general influence of what everyone keeps saying. He's nowhere near as vulnerable as you're assuming.

Virg says it well.

BORKED
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #28
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Saying that he's one of the most vulnerable fighters in the game. That's extreme, very extreme.

Don't forget he's fighting at the highest level in his division. Rico, if that chin is so bad, please explain how he took Maidana's, Judah's, Peterson's punches. No chin is made to withstand shots. Why is that when we see knock outs, do we have to presume that someone's chin is weak? Yeah alright he's been KD'd before when he was a young lightweight, against mediocre opposition (with all due respect to them) but what did he do after that? Go up a division and face world level opposition and take their punches, but go back to the same old reputation because he's been stopped in his fight w/ Garcia.

Them comments are just based on general influence of what everyone keeps saying. He's nowhere near as vulnerable as you're assuming.

Virg says it well.

BORKED
Freddie Roach said it will too.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #29
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydWillnever View Post
Cool Avi, I got a photo with him earlier this year after his gig in Manchester, amazing talent.
Gutted i missed the gigs down in London. The guys amazing as you say. I've watched a few songs he's done live and you'd think it was recorded he's that good. Made a thread in Lounge on him and got one reply ..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 05:45 AM   #30
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

It should presscot - peterson - then matthysse/garcia

Even though the peterson fight seems logical, I personally feel can should ignore the cheating **** and to be honest khan probably feels the same.

So in reality khan will fight another light puncher with little threat and then go for Garcia.... If Garcia still has the titles. If someone like matthysse has them towards the end of the year, i think khan moves up to 147
Redondo5 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum