Old 01-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #61
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138
Default Re: 4 Guys who Whoop Mathysse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
Come on, you don't gotta shit on the guy just because he'll get beat by Floyd.

He's a freaking ATG!
You're right but the Matthysse hype train has gotten out of control. I just had to bring some of his fans back down to Earth with a sobering dose of reality.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #62
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
I agree it would be and I would love to see it. Love him or hate him but Ortiz is always in exciting fights and is good for the sport. I hope he gets back into the ring ASAP.
Same here man, same here. The sooner the better. So many good fights to make with him in it. I will never not tune in to an Ortiz fight

Just a heads up Pimp, your pick for the upcoming Geale fight aint in. No worries if youre gonna skip it or whatever I just wanted to remind you just in case. You are almost always near the top of the rankings n just want to make sure you didnt miss out on a fight
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #63
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I don't think Matthysse has the best one punch power, despite the knockout of Dallas, but he will hit hard from the first bell till the last. He's a relentless, thudding puncher who will wear opponents down. I can't imagine many fighters take his power in the first and think "****ing hell, I'm in trouble here!" but by the 10th round, they'll be wondering why they're in so much pain. He's not a devastating puncher but he'll abuse fighters to the head and body and wear them down.

The stoppage of Ajose was very, very impressive. An incredibly tough guy who simply took too many powerful shots.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #64
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I don't think Matthysse has the best one punch power, despite the knockout of Dallas, but he will hit hard from the first bell till the last. He's a relentless, thudding puncher who will wear opponents down. I can't imagine many fighters take his power in the first and think "****ing hell, I'm in trouble here!" but by the 10th round, they'll be wondering why they're in so much pain. He's not a devastating puncher but he'll abuse fighters to the head and body and wear them down.

The stoppage of Ajose was very, very impressive. An incredibly tough guy who simply took too many powerful shots.
I agree, I also think the way Malignaggi described him was pretty good too Comparing him to Jason Vorhees, who just keeps gaining on you and gaining on you
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #65
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Same here man, same here. The sooner the better. So many good fights to make with him in it. I will never not tune in to an Ortiz fight

Just a heads up Pimp, your pick for the upcoming Geale fight aint in. No worries if youre gonna skip it or whatever I just wanted to remind you just in case. You are almost always near the top of the rankings n just want to make sure you didnt miss out on a fight
Thanks for the reminder I'll do it soon. BTW i'm off to my worst start since I joined the league many years ago.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #66
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157

Quote:
You're right but the Matthysse hype train has gotten out of control. I just had to bring some of his fans back down to Earth with a sobering dose of reality.

I feels ya. I'm trying to hype him as much as I can!
Garrus is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #67
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder I'll do it soon. BTW i'm off to my worst start since I joined the league many years ago.
Ya I seen that earlier today and made a comment about it. You are almost always, always always in the top 12..... in fact, you are one of the most consistent members on ESB in terms of picking fights correctly (aka... knowing your shit )

Just off to a bad start, along with BigBone and Jordan, two others who are almost always in the top 12.

Oh well, year is very very very young, Im sure you will be back up there soon enough, probably by the end of next month.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #68
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Pimp C- "I would put 3K on PBF if he ever got into the ring with Matthysee, it would be the easiest money I would have ever made."

right,so easy he won't ever even consider him as an opponent you got jokes.Looks like you'll save yourself 3k what a dumb ass bet that would've been .Don't know what be more priceless you losing 3k & looking like a fool or your idol laying on the floor after getting pacquiaod.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #69
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box702 View Post
Pimp C- "I would put 3K on PBF if he ever got into the ring with Matthysee, it would be the easiest money I would have ever made."

right,so easy he won't ever even consider him as an opponent you got jokes.Looks like you'll save yourself 3k what a dumb ass bet that would've been .Don't know what be more priceless you losing 3k & looking like a fool or your idol laying on the floor after getting pacquiaod.
I don't know which one would look worse Matthysse reduced to a career lows in connect % and punches thrown or him looking like an amateur because he got the boxing lesson of a lifetime.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #70
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
I don't know which one would look worse Matthysse reduced to a career lows in connect % and punches thrown or him looking like an amateur because he got the boxing lesson of a lifetime.
Lucky for you fight won't be made you can save your excuses.Just make sure your boi floydie stays away form the Argentine bombers Sergio/Matthysse & his face will remain intact.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #71
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I agree, I also think the way Malignaggi described him was pretty good too Comparing him to Jason Vorhees, who just keeps gaining on you and gaining on you
Yeah, I heard that and I thought it was a brilliant comment. I like Malignaggi a lot. I hope he gets a full time job on HBO or Showtime when he retires.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #72
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Quote:
Man you've been riding Floyds dick on this forum for years so I'm it sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that you think Floyd would have a easy fight.

Pssh... Floyds a old man now and doesn't take dangerous fights so you should get a new favorite fighter and stop acting like he's the best because the best want to fight the best
box4life11 is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum