Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #196
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1233
Default Re: MAres "Nonito Turned Down the Fight!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Hopefully this will be the last time I have to point out that negotiations WERE taking place with Mares' manager. That's what makes this so obvious. The press is where you to to SABOTAGE negotiations. Exactly as Schaefer did. He pulled the rug out from under Mares' manager.

There was even word of Rigo/Mares being discussed so this tells me there was more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about and TR and GB had the lines of communications open.
man the only talks about making Rigo/Mares was from Arum and I didn't even see a source for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside805 View Post
True but it seems that Bob's plans are to get Rigo first, THEN Mares. To be honest, if Mares never happens I wouldn't be surprised, given Arum's track record. If NEITHER happens obviously it'll be inexcusable.
yeah I prefer the Rigo fight anyways. If Arum wants Rigo first, then they need to just say so
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #197
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02 View Post
can u at least admit arum has been guilty of the same in the past?
I've said point blank that it seems EVERYONE in boxing lies. I've posted several times.

Arum, "Yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth."
Oscar, "Yesterday I denied I was a fagot cross dressing transvestite, today I'm admitting I am."

Yet people seem to think Arum has the market cornered and is somehow worse than DLH who obviously cares only about his wants when he is binged up on coke. Yes, I can admit this both ways and have. I simply call it like I see it when I see it. I've posted about how Arum ****ed up Omar Henry's career. You ever wonder if Arum thinks about it, ESPECIALLY NOW? He robbed that man of his chance in life.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #198
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
man the only talks about making Rigo/Mares was from Arum and I didn't even see a source for it

yeah I prefer the Rigo fight anyways. If Arum wants Rigo first, then they need to just say so
At first I thought Rigo/Mares made sense but later reconsidered. Let's say Arum is betting on Donaire to win both fights. One is less compelling because only the winner of that fight would be considered a legit opponent. IF GBP is serious about making the fight, it is still there after Nonito/Rigo depending on what he does next of course.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #199
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Someone answer me this ****ing question... What was the proposed date under this contract from GBP???
Nothing in writing. Just Schaefer saying end of May or June. Right when Nonito said he was taking off. Now someone gets injured, fight delayed, Nonito is out putting Mares in the hospital while his wife is back home delivering little Nonny. Yeah, GBP wasn't trying to **** with him at all now were they?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #200
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

“Like everything, it's not done until it's done,” Arum told RingTV.com. “But I'm optimistic that that'll be the fight. I think that Donaire would've preferred to do a fight with [WBC titleholder] Abner Mares instead and [Mares' manager] Frank Espinoza wants to do that fight. We offered a tremendous amount of money to [Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard] Schaefer for that fight but apparently it's not going to happen.”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Schaefer said $1 million. Nobody yet has answered me what Mares' career high is. I wonder why?

And like I said earlier, the date issue.

"It's a bulls--- offer," said Arum. "The lawyers are handling it. There is no possible way because we have a commitment to HBO. We're going ahead with that commitment on April 13 on HBO. After that, we'll revisit the situation. So he's going to fight on April 13, and he's going to fight either Rigondeaux or Darchinyan, period, end of story.

"We offered a reasonable amount to them to fight, and I'm not going to negotiate in the media, but we offered them a reasonable amount to fight Mares on HBO on April 13, and they rejected that," said Arum.

"We're happy to do it. We're happy to pay Mares and Golden Boy enough to where he's going to get double what he's ever gotten before in a fight. If they want to make a fight, they negotiate on what I will pay them, because the fight has to be on HBO."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hermit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum