Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #61
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Because that's where the money is

If the US was winning anything then you'd change your tune.

This makes no sense. You don't have to abandon your COACH and PROGRAM for the money. You can just fight in the US.

Why get US coaches?
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #62
Saintpat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: This kid is a beast. 13 years old and this good! Anyone on here know about him?

I heard this kid knocked out Pipino Cuevas in sparring
Saintpat is online now  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #63
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

it is true, unless he makes it to the top of the rankings you don't know how good he is. Taking a big punch is something some guys just cannot do no matter how tough they talk.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #64
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
He should keep training in everything, but when he gets 18, he should go MMA full time.

I prefer Cashflow's potential in boxing more

BORKED

BORKED
Enjoyed the clips, especially the 2nd one.

It's a shame they're scewing with the kid's mind at such a young age by giving him such an obnoxious nickname like "Cashflow". Talk about instilling the "wrong" virtues in young kids.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #65
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Re-reading "Legacy of Ashes"-- Someone has to, right Wige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I didn't say he'd be an animal later in life, I said right now, he's ranked the best in America and has won titles in different sports.
If the young lads in your gym are just as good as him, well then why haven't they accomplished the same things? Why aren't they winning various titles in various sports?

Let me again explain to you it is because AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME they aren't as good as him. What don't you understand? Is this really difficult? Are you actually going to argue that some random kids in your local gym are just as good as the #1 in the USA?
He's ranked "best in America".... so ****ing what?? Doesn't the WBA rank Amir Khan ahead of Lucas Matthysse? Does that mean I must automatically consider Khan superior to Lucas??

Rankings are subjective, are they not??
hoopsman is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #66
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Brian Viloria
Nonito Donaire
Miguel Angel Garcia
Adrien Broner
Danny Garcia
Floyd Mayweather
Andre Ward
Bernard Hopkins etc etc

ALL came through the American system....seems America is still able to produce good boxers.

How many no.1 ranked fighters in their division has eastern europe produced in the past decade?
When were guys like Hopkins and Mayweather amateurs? I'm not saying the US have always been poor but they have been in recent years, the drought is coming up.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #67
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
dude you're crazy, it's the am system that ****s up the americans, not the quality of training and fighters, ever notice how they still always outperform the euros when they turn pro, these same americans that were ousted in the 1st and 2nd round of the olympics go on to be world champs and successful pros whereas the medal winning euros stay am forever and when they turn pro they fade into obscurity. the americans have a style far better suited to the pros which is why they're still dominating in the pro ranks. Am boxing has turned into garbage, i'll never watch the olympics again, the last 2 were an embarrassment to the sport.
Most top Eastern Euro amateurs still don't turn pro. I hear that about American fighters all the time but it's absolute bullshit. They don't throw combinations or body shots so I don't see how they're suited to the pros. The only US fighter in recent years to do well in the pros is Andre Ward, and surprise surprise he was an olympic gold medallist. Broner and Russell jr. are both wait and see but I'm guessing they'll be the same as their amateur career, do well until they reach the top and get beaten by someone with better fundamentals and boxing IQ. Olympic boxing has become more like the pros recently and from later this year the headgear is gone and the 10 point must system will be used so it will be basically indistinguishable from pro boxing.
Look at the most dominant amateur from recent years, Lomachenko. Bodypunching, skills and combinations with a pro style. Look at guys like Khytrov, Beterbiev who have been very successful and knocking guys out in the ams. Where are the American equivalents if they're so 'pro'? Boxing is boxing and the US has been on a steady decline, the amateur system in the US is garbage because they don't understand the connection between amateur and pro boxing, they see it as a stepping stone instead of a foundation. A top amateur becomes a top pro. There are exceptions (Toney etc.) but more often than not a pro career resembles the success of their amateur career.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #68
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post

This makes no sense. You don't have to abandon your COACH and PROGRAM for the money. You can just fight in the US.

Why get US coaches?
They don't abandon their program, their US trainer is basically just some support. Their amateur coach has other fighters to train in their country where he probably gets paid well by the government and probably a family and friends he doesn't want to leave. Why would he uproot himself for one of his fighters? Lomachenko will be bringing his father over to train him in the US next year so see what happens there.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #69
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
That is more indicative of recent changes in the sport than an assessment of the quality of US (pro) program. Amateur Boxing no longer resembles Boxing. It is a fencing match. It doesn't translate well to the pros. A pro style doesn't translate well to it.

This is why previous years' Olympic rosters read like a who-will-be-who in pro Boxing. Now? Who are the gold medalists and what have they done? The winners are a bunch of nobodies on the pro scene.
You haven't heard of the gold medallists but you will do soon. You say they're nobodies because they're not American, the US can't win anything. Amateur boxing hasn't resembled fencing since 2004 so I don't know what you're talking about. Even those boxers from the 'fencing' years such as Golovkin, Dirrell etc. managed to do well in the pros with the exact same style they used as amateurs.
Here are two top amateurs from the last worlds. Where are the American equivalents? This doesn't look like fencing to me

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum