swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default mundine; LEGACY OF IDIOCY.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

absolutely. drop this chump daniel.

Quote:
All that's left for me to do is summarise the opinion of the majority of Australian fight fans, and borrow another Rocky quote to let Daniel Geale know exactly what to do come fight night.
"Give everybody a present and drop this chump."
Quote:
Mundine's legacy of idiocy

28/1/2013 2:12 PM

Sportal

As Anthony Mundine prepares for his boxing swansong against Daniel Geale at the Sydney Entertainment Centre on Wednesday night, he could not be accused of going quietly.
Should we have expected anything else?
To call Mundine outspoken is like describing Roger Federer as a good tennis player - it just doesn't go far enough. There is no filter between brain and mouth, and his rants provide little evidence of a deep thinker.

Quote:
Some younger readers may not know that our Anthony had a knack for making himself look stupid well before he ever started throwing punches for money. Remember his assertions that the reason he never played rugby league for his country was because Kangaroos selectors were racist?
What about how six weeks after the September 11 attacks on New York and Washington he went on the Today Show and said America had it coming?
"They call it an act of terrorism, but if you can understand religion, and our way of life, it's not about terrorism," he said at the time.
"It's about fighting for God's laws, and America's brought it upon themselves for what they've done in the history of time."

Quote:
Like a broken Fujitsu, Mundine is unable to gauge the temperature in a room. Or if he can, he doesn't care.
Wednesday's bout is for the IBF middleweight championship of the world, the first time two Indigenous Australians have clashed for a major world title.
Of course, Mundine found a way to sully even that - cruelly dismissive of his Tasmanian opponent's heritage.
"I thought they wiped all the Aborigines from Tasmania out," Mundine said in October.
"Where is there a cut-off point? There's got to be a cut-off point. That's something the government has got to work on.
"He's got a white woman, he's got white kids. I keep it real, all day every day."
The latest controversy is his plan to boycott - or not - the Australian national anthem before the fight, in protest at the way the country treats its Aboriginal citizens.
Perhaps he should sit down during the anthem - if the bout goes as expected, it will be Mundine's last chance to make a statement in front of a decent crowd.
Quote:
Mundine's is a sad story. He was a prodigiously talented man - both as a rugby league player and as a boxer - but never made the most of his gifts in either field.He's spent the latter half of his boxing career taking easy money, and make no mistake: fighting Geale will be all about redundancy pay for 'The Man'.

All that's left for me to do is summarise the opinion of the majority of Australian fight fans, and borrow another Rocky quote to let Daniel Geale know exactly what to do come fight night.
"Give everybody a present and drop this chump."
swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: mundine; LEGACY OF IDIOCY.

a bump for the chump, who aint in the hunt.
geale will punt the cunt cause chocs a runt.

mundines last stunt will be in front,
of a man whos class will have him stumped.

he'll end put on his on his face, with an audible thump,
his final words will be a grunt.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

You don't get it.... no one is reading your dribble

I hope Mundine wins to shut you up regardless of how i think it will really turn out
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
You don't get it.... no one is reading your dribble

I hope Mundine wins to shut you up regardless of how i think it will really turn out

who cares what you think...

its a news article written by a media scribe.

swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
Grinder
Dude, don't call me Dude
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Mundine may be inferior to Geale but he has moved from the most brutal full contact professional game into boxing where he has some decent wins in his resume. He has also been a huge catalyst the popularity in the sport of boxing.

On the down side he does say stupid things, which he has admitted.

Whatever he says he is trying to sell the fight. There is no such thing as bad publicity, just ask Borat or whatever his name is.

I like the fact that Mundine stays true to his heritage but hate his racism and discrimination to everyone who has made it possible for him to make the money he has.
Grinder is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post

absolutely. drop this chump daniel.

i am not a fan of mundine but his legacy will be his bank account.

I read somewhere that he has made over 20 million dollars or there abouts over the years from PPV fights.

So go figure!!!!

Hes right, he needs the haters and the haters are paying his bills-

BUt to answer your question regardless of his mouth, he has big pair of balls. He walked away from 600k salary to fight- to me that is BIG- now he hasnt been a major world champion but has one a belt or two and i think given what he has done as an athlete, that is a BIG Achievement.

Playing league at the highest level and also boxing at the highest level against champions is kind of a big deal.

Now you could say hes an idiot or etc but the truth about his achievements cant be denied.
pourya is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourya View Post
i am not a fan of mundine but his legacy will be his bank account.

I read somewhere that he has made over 20 million dollars or there abouts over the years from PPV fights.

So go figure!!!!

Hes right, he needs the haters and the haters are paying his bills-

BUt to answer your question regardless of his mouth, he has big pair of balls. He walked away from 600k salary to fight- to me that is BIG- now he hasnt been a major world champion but has one a belt or two and i think given what he has done as an athlete, that is a BIG Achievement.

Playing league at the highest level and also boxing at the highest level against champions is kind of a big deal.

Now you could say hes an idiot or etc but the truth about his achievements cant be denied.

But how much of it (20mil) will he really have by the end of it all..... and i wonder how much Khoder has robbed him to date.

Really why is Mundine still fighting?? It's not legacy because he had opportunities in the past that he didn't take, is he really that well off at the moment
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #8
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Ah look, I've never bought that whole risk thing he supposedly took walking away from a league salary of $600k.

He didn't leave league until he'd made arrangements for his first fight to be PPV, so even if he had lost to Zohs, he would have made enough money to make it worth his while, and Saints would have taken him back had he decided to return to league.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #9
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
But how much of it (20mil) will he really have by the end of it all..... and i wonder how much Khoder has robbed him to date.

Really why is Mundine still fighting?? It's not legacy because he had opportunities in the past that he didn't take, is he really that well off at the moment
i dont think khoder robbed mundine at all. i thought he (in a business sense) guided anthony quite well. he in fact made him a fortune.

but purely from a boxing perspective, mundine wasted too much time when he peaked. who's fault that is, is open to suggestion. anthony says he is his own man, so he can only blame himself for the directions he took.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #10
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
i dont think khoder robbed mundine at all. i thought he (in a business sense) guided anthony quite well. he in fact made him a fortune.

but purely from a boxing perspective, mundine wasted too much time when he peaked. who's fault that is, is open to suggestion. anthony says he is his own man, so he can only blame himself for the directions he took.
i agree with him wasting time when he peaked-

i also know he will lose tonight
pourya is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #11
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

]
KHoder negotiated good purses and splits for mundine.

I dont know if mundine is making the same right now as he was making when he was with Khoder- Khoder got him way more money than green when he fought and almost more money in all his fights..

I think mundine will be happy with 50-50 split- with khoder he got more!

Khoder actually helped mundine!
pourya is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #12
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourya View Post
]
KHoder negotiated good purses and splits for mundine.

I dont know if mundine is making the same right now as he was making when he was with Khoder- Khoder got him way more money than green when he fought and almost more money in all his fights..

I think mundine will be happy with 50-50 split- with khoder he got more!

Khoder actually helped mundine!

At the end of the day, he doesn't drink or gamble, so what's the ****'n good of having all this money if you can't have fun with it
LeBeave is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum