Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #136
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Matthysse/Dallas - anyone up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Yeah Skills Matthyse is a really good fighter. I am not down on Danny Garcia because I actually think he is improving having seen him an many fighters just not yet the finished article though to be fair to him he keeps winning. However I knew that Matthyse was a much tougher proposition than Garcia and when they put forward Matthyse to face Ajose for the WBC Interim world title which had to be taken I could see the hand of Al Haymon and Golden Boy Promotions.

Ajose should be in the position to fight again soon once a few things are resolved. Everyone is now aware that he is world class. Both Ajose and Matthyse would beat Garcia but like I have always maintained Garcia is getting better all the time. I think his management and promoters have done an excellent job in buying him time.
Thanks Olu, You make a lot of sense there and i tend to agree they've been smart with Danny letting him settle into being a champion.

Just showed my dad the GP video of Matthysse and it has the fight with Ajose and said to him this kids heart was unreal he saw the brief clips and it reaffirms how bad Ajose wanted that title that night.

He changed me into a believer that night, Even though he shipped a fair amount of punishment he showed skils in adversity. Hope it gets sorted asap the lad deserves another crack a title.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #137
silly_illy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Matthysse/Dallas - anyone up?
everybody except Dallas was up!
silly_illy is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #138
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Thanks Olu, You make a lot of sense there and i tend to agree they've been smart with Danny letting him settle into being a champion.

Just showed my dad the GP video of Matthysse and it has the fight with Ajose and said to him this kids heart was unreal he saw the brief clips and it reaffirms how bad Ajose wanted that title that night.

He changed me into a believer that night, Even though he shipped a fair amount of punishment he showed skils in adversity. Hope it gets sorted asap the lad deserves another crack a title.
Yeah he won a lot of respect and admiration that night and people who had not seen him realised why he had been avoided. Matthyse is something really special. Lots of talent at 140. What do you think of Adrien Broner. He definitely is problem for his opponents.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #139
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Yeah he won a lot of respect and admiration that night and people who had not seen him realised why he had been avoided. Matthyse is something really special. Lots of talent at 140. What do you think of Adrien Broner. He definitely is problem for his opponents.
I like him Olu, I think he's talented and is developing his own style and habits in ring. He's got some weaknesses (wide stance adds power/leverage for shots but lacks mobility) but he's improving and he's strong and finishes well and has nice variety as well as tricks of trade. I think he's not as easy to fight as many would like to let on.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #140
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Matthysse is awesome, he will knock out the winner of Garcia/Judah. Garcia will knock Judah out, so it will be Matthysse Vs. Garcia, Matthysse by knockout!!! Matthysse has already beaten Judah and Alexander, but was cheated by home town judges, after that Matthysse said he would have to knock out his opponents to win and so he has been.
Farmboxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum