swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default GEALE; "Definitely, a statement needs to be made,"

SMASH THE CUNT DANIEL....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
"Definitely, a statement needs to be made," Geale said at Tuesday's weigh-in for the fight.
"All the talk's been said and done and I'm just excited about this and I've put a lot into this and I can't wait.
"I'm going to beat him and I'm going to do it convincingly and not leave anything behind.
"I'm going to be very convincing in everything I do and show everybody what they want to see.
"I want another defence of my title, Australia wants me to do it in a big fashion and if it happens that way I'll be more than happy."

FIVE THINGS WORTH FIGHTING FOR

Quote:
ANTHONY MUNDINE

His career: At 37 years of age, a loss to Geale would all but end Mundine’s 48-fight career — at least on the world stage.
His legacy: Should Mundine win, it will put him back on course for a tilt at some of boxing’s biggest names, headed by Floyd Mayweather.
To silence the critics: Mundine knows that there are those who would like nothing better than to see his career end, and he is determined not to give them the satisfaction.
A fourth world title: After taking Geale’s IBO middleweight world title in 2009, Mundine now wants to snatch the IBF version from him to add to the two WBA super middleweight belts he won against Antwun Echols in 2003 and Sam Soliman in 2007.
Respect: After being criticised for taking easy fights in recent years, Mundine believes a win over Geale will force people to acknowledge him as one of Australia’s greatest sportsmen ever, given what he achieved he in rugby league before taking up boxing.

Quote:
DANIEL GEALE

Revenge: The only loss in Geale’s 29-fight career was to Mundine in 2009, so he wants to avenge that defeat.
Recognition: Despite beating Germany’s IBF middleweight world champion Sebastian Sylvester and WBA title holder Felix Sturm on their home turf, Geale was largely unknown to most Australians until the fight with Mundine was announced.
To silence Mundine: After repeatedly being on the end of Mundine’s trash- taking antics at press conferences and events to promote the fight, Geale would like little more than to be the man who ended The Man’s career.
Reputation: Should Geale lose, he will risk becoming another name on the long list of Australian boxers to have been given an opportunity by Mundine and failed.
Big fights: As the IBF middleweight world champion, Geale will again look to unify the belt against either WBA and IBO title holder Genady Golovkin or the division’s top-ranked boxer and WBC No.1 Sergio Martinez.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: GEALE; "Definitely, a statement needs to be made,"

Geale really needs this win, and in my opinion he needs to do so in spectacular fashion. The aboriginal and heritage angle has been played out to hype up this fight but overseas thats irrelevant and they don't care. They see this as the IBF middleweight champion defending his title against a fighter who is well past his best. In theory, this should be a routine defence for Geale. If he labors to a decision win and has to eek it out, it won't look good.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

No Bigger fan than Daniel Geale than Me,but watching that fight last night,I find it hard to believe one of them is the number 2 Middleweight in the world,hate to think what Martinez or even Golovkin would do to Mundine if they ever met

Daniel may have had an off night lots of pressure on both Fighters,a few questions will be answered in 2013 for the Title of who is the best Middleweight can not wait for the Big fights to happen.!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistsof steel View Post
No Bigger fan than Daniel Geale than Me,but watching that fight last night,I find it hard to believe one of them is the number 2 Middleweight in the world,hate to think what Martinez or even Golovkin would do to Mundine if they ever met

Daniel may have had an off night lots of pressure on both Fighters,a few questions will be answered in 2013 for the Title of who is the best Middleweight can not wait for the Big fights to happen.!!!
perhaps mundine isnt as shot as we thought. that lead left hook geale hit mundine with would have kd the mundine i imagined.

thats the problem with mundine. he doesnt string fights together against world class opponents to judge him properly.

mundine vs ggg, would be interesting. ggg could make a statement. mundine is desperate enough to take the fight.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
perhaps mundine isnt as shot as we thought. that lead left hook geale hit mundine with would have kd the mundine i imagined.

thats the problem with mundine. he doesnt string fights together against world class opponents to judge him properly.

mundine vs ggg, would be interesting. ggg could make a statement. mundine is desperate enough to take the fight.
Mate Mundine V GGG was made once before and Mandy is still hiding under the Bed as far as I know,Mundine is finished theres a Snowflakes chance in Hell of Mundine taking a fight with Golovkin.!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistsof steel View Post
Mate Mundine V GGG was made once before and Mandy is still hiding under the Bed as far as I know,Mundine is finished theres a Snowflakes chance in Hell of Mundine taking a fight with Golovkin.!!!!
youre probably right. but mundine isnt going to quit. he hasnt much time left. he is desperate. IF it was ever offered again, i recon he'd take it. he has nothing left, except a stage and payday against green...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

How would Mandy go against Proksa,dont think Mandy would have a chance but a fight like that is possible.!!!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum