Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default SUICIDE by GGG.

DANIEL GEALE

geale has beaten some world class fighters recently. hes amassed 60 rounds, in world title fights in some 18 months. GGG has just 30. GGG hasnt fought the level of opponent as geale recently, nor has GGG the pro experience of geale. but it wont take long. right now, geale is in a good place. he may never have an advantage over GGG again. he may not even now. but if he has a chance. it is now, rather than later.

if geale has any chance of beating GGG, i feel he must fight his now, or very soon. fight him now before govolkin gets too comfortable as a pro. geale may not even beat him now. but i feel he has more chance now, than later, because of GGGs relative inexperience as a pro, and geales match fitness and work rate.

ANTHONY MUNDINE

as ive said. mundine didnt do too bad last night. that lead left hook ko'd the mundine i imagined.

but you must remember (mundine fans) he's delusional. he thinks he is some sort of prophet. he thinks he, through boxing and god (although its forbidden in islam) speaks for the indigenous people of oz. but only for the ones he chooses it seems.

mundine wont retire. mundine knows his day are limited as he gets ever more senile. look for mundine to be desperate enough to fight anyone with a strap or stature. it wouldnt surprise me if he called out govolkin.

as crazy as it seems. govolkin may just take him up on it. just to make a statement to geale. GGG would KTFO mundine, and stand centre ring, with geale at ringside, and challenge geale right here in oz, where mundine would bring GGG as its mundines money base.

a fight like that would make anthony relevant for a bit longer. a bit longer to sprout his hate. i seriously think this is a possiblity, considering mundines obvious desperation over the past few days. he will do anything now. no more caution. its all or nothing. suicide by GGG.
swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: SUICIDE by GGG.

wtf would he fight GGG when he can fight martinez for more prestige and money. Geale will end up fighting sergio he is the best option on paper
pong is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pong View Post
wtf would he fight GGG when he can fight martinez for more prestige and money. Geale will end up fighting sergio he is the best option on paper
im thinking a fight with GGG is likely to happen at some stage. better get him out the way when he has a chance. im not sure martinez is more prestigious than the shooting star, GGG?
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Geale will fight Sturm again for some nice money in Germany by May 2013.

Geale will win again easy with his workrate and then take a big fight in the states by August/September.

He can get just as much money fighting Sturm again then facing ***y or GGG for a tougher fight
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

GGG could force a fight with geale by fighting mundine here...just saying..
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
im thinking a fight with GGG is likely to happen at some stage. better get him out the way when he has a chance. im not sure martinez is more prestigious than the shooting star, GGG?
GGG is all fan boy hype really at the moment whereas sergio is the number one at the weight, on the p4p list and is coming off one of the biggest fights of last year.he is far more prestigious
pong is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pong View Post
GGG is all fan boy hype really at the moment whereas sergio is the number one at the weight, on the p4p list and is coming off one of the biggest fights of last year.he is far more prestigious
fair enough. but if you want to unify the titles, GGG has to be beaten. im saying now is a better time than later...

how old is sergio? is time a factor with him also?

get GGG out of there BEFORE he gets older. get martinez out of there WHEN he is older...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
GGG could force a fight with geale by fighting mundine here...just saying..
Mundine might be a lot of things but as his career has showed us, for the large part,when his opposition has been none to stellar, he is not naive when it comes to choosing them. I don't think he gets dutch courage at this hour of the day. He is very aware of who Gennady Golovkin is.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
Mundine might be a lot of things but as his career has showed us, for the large part,when his opposition has been none to stellar, he is not naive when it comes to choosing them. I don't think he gets dutch courage at this hour of the day. He is very aware of who Gennady Golovkin is.

IMO he has proven desperate enough recently to take the fight, now that he has been beaten by geale, who he saw as an easier opponent. mundine hasnt the time to wait for another 'beatable' opponent. GGG is an option i believe.

i wouldnt totally write mundine off. i mean, he has a 1% chance...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #10
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mundine would be the best guy that GGG will have faced...
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #11
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I wouldn't be surprised if Mundine got a fight with Chavez Jnr
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Mundine got a fight with Chavez Jnr
yeah. youre onto it. the way to geales belt, is for martinez, GGG, or jr, to beat mundine in oz, and make a bigger statement than geale.

fight mundine in oz, and challenge geale at ringside..
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
yeah. youre onto it. the way to geales belt, is for martinez, GGG, or jr, to beat mundine in oz, and make a bigger statement than geale.

fight mundine in oz, and challenge geale at ringside..
Well Adama is in the mix to fight Golovkin on March 30th. Thats another way to Geale. Knock out a guy he couldn't, just saying
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Mundine can't step up to top level, Ottke,Kessler now Geale. He was a very good C level fighter at best. Back to fighting bums and telling us how his career is comparable to Sugar Ray Robinson and calling out Floyd Mayweather.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I agree, it's all or nothing for Mundine.

He should fight one of the big boys for virtually nothing to get back in the mix.

He'll get his lights put out but fighting Argie taxi drivers is not longer an option. I expect Mundine to fight again within 2-3 months and O/S against someone decent as an undercard fight.
LeBeave is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum