Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #46
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Your girlfriend's handbag
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Seems like many of the ESB posters and even the judges prefer to score ineffectual flurries that hit air, gloves or shoulders over jabs that land on face and skull.

I had the feeling that there was going to be some 'correcting' in this bout due to the (misguided imo) view that Geale won their first bout. Preconceptions like that can be very hard to dislodge, and so objective, accurate scoring just never gets a look in.

I scored the bout 114-114 with a either two point variance in favour of Mundine or a one point variance in favour of Geale. Anything beyond these bounds looks like Special Olympics scoring to me.

But with Aussie boxing's deification with 'workrate' and activity, however ineffectual, bout's today are won on whoever is the fittest.
Well gee this wouldn't have anything to do with you have money down on the DRAW now would it? Plus a few hundred on Mundine

Real impartial


Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Well, I thought Mundine at $3.70-80 was pretty attractive so I put a couple of hundred on that, but where I'll really clean up is if there's a draw which was $38 and $33 when I put the dosh down. If Mundine wins I'll do okay, but if there's a draw I'll be a very happy man...

So given all that, Geale will probably win...but at least I'll be a very interested observer!
TheDuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #47
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Seems like many of the ESB posters and even the judges prefer to score ineffectual flurries that hit air, gloves or shoulders over jabs that land on face and skull.

I had the feeling that there was going to be some 'correcting' in this bout due to the (misguided imo) view that Geale won their first bout. Preconceptions like that can be very hard to dislodge, and so objective, accurate scoring just never gets a look in.

I scored the bout 114-114 with a either two point variance in favour of Mundine or a one point variance in favour of Geale. Anything beyond these bounds looks like Special Olympics scoring to me.

But with Aussie boxing's deification with 'workrate' and activity, however ineffectual, bout's today are won on whoever is the fittest.
That would be the case expect that Geale out jabbed Mundine all night. Geale's jabs were much more effective.

How can you win a fight by sitting on the back foot and throwing 20-30 punches a round? Mundine was the definition of ineffective boxing last night. He fought a garbage fight
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #48
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Just watched Mundines interview after the fight. Boy oh Boy i'm gobsmacked, he really believes he won the fight clearly

I'm starting to think he is punch drunk and has gone mad
LeBeave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #49
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
I know I've put on some weight but I didn't think I had put on that much weight.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #50
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...
Posts: 665
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Well gee this wouldn't have anything to do with you have money down on the DRAW now would it? Plus a few hundred on Mundine

Real impartial
Well, its true I stood to make about $7.5 k if there was a draw...I don't deny that. But my scoring system is objective and impartial, and if there is an even round or an even round or a round that be scored towards either Fighter A or even, I keep a running sub-score so that I can gauge what i determine to be the outside possible scores.

I think my scoring methods are better than than many judges, and in years past when I much more involved I used to be a 4th judge at many of the smaller nsw shows. Of course I didn't keep running sub-scores when I did that as that wasn't my job, but when at home or in the club watching bouts I score and keep sub-scores also.

Its a real shame when I find that judges reach scores that jsut are not possible unless every possible break and then some in terms of scoring went in favour of Fighter B over Fighter A...I can tell you this stuff has a lot to do with many of the most knowledgable boxing people turning their backs on the agme and leaving it in the hands of the charlatans.

So yes, for what it matters I can score, and I can also recognise judges and fans who can't.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #51
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
So yes, for what it matters I can score, and I can also recognise judges and fans who can't.
No, no you can't.

114-114 is just retarted.

A good 95% of posters from Aussies to Brittish and Americans all had it a shutout or close to. If anything you have no idea on how to score a fight.

You lost your bets, take it like a man. Even Bazil had Geale winning comfortably
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #52
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,584
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Well, its true I stood to make about $7.5 k if there was a draw...I don't deny that. But my scoring system is objective and impartial, and if there is an even round or an even round or a round that be scored towards either Fighter A or even, I keep a running sub-score so that I can gauge what i determine to be the outside possible scores.

I think my scoring methods are better than than many judges, and in years past when I much more involved I used to be a 4th judge at many of the smaller nsw shows. Of course I didn't keep running sub-scores when I did that as that wasn't my job, but when at home or in the club watching bouts I score and keep sub-scores also.

Its a real shame when I find that judges reach scores that jsut are not possible unless every possible break and then some in terms of scoring went in favour of Fighter B over Fighter A...I can tell you this stuff has a lot to do with many of the most knowledgable boxing people turning their backs on the agme and leaving it in the hands of the charlatans.

So yes, for what it matters I can score, and I can also recognise judges and fans who can't.

You cannot score for shit I am afraid.

I am astounded that you and Crusher thinks Mudine won. Please post RBR so we can see what rounds you generously favor Mundine in and whther YOU favor the same fighter.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #53
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

mundine lost but 116-113 or 116-112 was about right.
bazil is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #54
abe01
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 354
vCash: 415
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
How can you win a fight by sitting on the back foot and throwing 20-30 punches a round? Mundine was the definition of ineffective boxing last night. He fought a garbage fight
if choc had thrown more things would of been different, geale probly still wins but at least he might have a reason to say he was robbed. As it was he wasn't even close
abe01 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #55
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistsof steel View Post
got to agree the old choc is a great winner but a very poor loser indeed,has to be one of the worst dummy spits by any australian sportsman.!!!!

daniel geale was just as bad as choc.
1st fight in 2009 geale did the identical thing to mundine as he did last night.
When the scores were read in 2009 geale immediately left the ring and said nothing.
Mundine grabbed the microphone and said put your hands together for daniel geale,he is one tough son of a gun,but geale had already walked out of the ring.
bazil is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #56
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,801
vCash: 1166
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe01 View Post
if choc had thrown more things would of been different, geale probly still wins but at least he might have a reason to say he was robbed. As it was he wasn't even close
he was getting pummelled thats why.

or do u mean things such as boomerangs and sticks? cause it may have made it a little closer fight, yeah.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #57
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Seems like many of the ESB posters and even the judges prefer to score ineffectual flurries that hit air, gloves or shoulders over jabs that land on face and skull.

I had the feeling that there was going to be some 'correcting' in this bout due to the (misguided imo) view that Geale won their first bout. Preconceptions like that can be very hard to dislodge, and so objective, accurate scoring just never gets a look in.

I scored the bout 114-114 with a either two point variance in favour of Mundine or a one point variance in favour of Geale. Anything beyond these bounds looks like Special Olympics scoring to me.

But with Aussie boxing's deification with 'workrate' and activity, however ineffectual, bout's today are won on whoever is the fittest.
ohhhh dear.. thank christ your not a judge. you want to talk scoring punches, geale landed twice as many body shots than mundine landed total punches
meanwhile in the real world geale also rocked him every second round or so.


Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
That would be the case expect that Geale out jabbed Mundine all night. Geale's jabs were much more effective.

How can you win a fight by sitting on the back foot and throwing 20-30 punches a round? Mundine was the definition of ineffective boxing last night. He fought a garbage fight
mundine did NOTHING.. he just pawed with the jab which geale geale was beating him to anyway. geale jabbed his ****ing head off.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #58
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 75
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

What people don't realize is that Mundine really does think he won the fight and it's not just a show, he suffers from a narcissism personality disorder.

The cunts ****ing delusional and even if those around him told him, he'd only turn on them and rage at them, I feel sorry for his old man if anyone.

I personally think Geale won in a shut out, I couldn't give Mundine a single round.
When Mundine did open up, Geale landed at will, he exposed Mundines defense last night and Geale's footwork was on a whole different level.

Just my take on it.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #59
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

to put it simply, had choc been given that fight it would have to go down as the worst robbery i have ever seen. THATS how "close" it was
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #60
Tuilagi
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Default Re: How could mundine honestly think he won

Crushers sentiment is fair enough with the first fight but there is no doubt in this fight that apart from the flurrys Geale landed more effective flush punches without doubt and was a clear winner.

The fact he could drop or hurt Mundine will be the only disappointment for Daniel in spite of the rhetoric pre-fight.
Tuilagi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013