Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #31
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Eddie Hearn looking for a heavyweight- suggestions?

Loyalty only last so long. Maloney is likely to mess up Prices career enough to make him move. Despite what DeGale got from ***** and Froch from Hennessey they still left. Its hard to give a fighter everything he wants. DeGale wanted to be special, Froch wanted a bigger profile. When Price gets to Klitchsko he might not be happy with few in the country recognising him on BN.

Price is the big one.

The reality is, the heavyweight division is full of bums. Our country supplies its fair share of overweight loud mouths who are hardly the next Ali - Chisora and Fury. Conversely the heavyweight division is open for everyone. Fury looks like a genuine contender again because hes lost weight and everyone is one or two good punches away from toppling 2 of the top 3 fighters - Haye and Wlad.

Amateur background is always the safest way to go so I'd hold out for Anthony Joshua if I was Eddie...

or get Bellew to put on weight like his amateur days
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #32
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Tom Dallas
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #33
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Have been told David Price will be out of Contract with Maloney by the Summer.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #34
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Price is the only one of any interest to Hearn, or Joshua.

There's no other Brit heavy weight that I think he would really want, Fury is definitely not signing to Matchroom anytime soon, after that "one shirt millionaire" rant at Eddie Hearn!
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #35
Paullow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
Price is the only one of any interest to Hearn, or Joshua.

There's no other Brit heavy weight that I think he would really want, Fury is definitely not signing to Matchroom anytime soon, after that "one shirt millionaire" rant at Eddie Hearn!
i genuinely think towers would shine if promoted right, and given regular exposure. yes he disappointed in his last outing but still got the W. He is an intimidating presence and i think he would be a welcome addition personally.

Prob get a lot of stick on here for saying this
Paullow is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #36
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullow View Post
i genuinely think towers would shine if promoted right, and given regular exposure. yes he disappointed in his last outing but still got the W. He is an intimidating presence and i think he would be a welcome addition personally.

Prob get a lot of stick on here for saying this
Seems like a genuinely sound lad and would be the perfect counter to Fury and Haye ... I'd say Price is but he's dull,he really needs to work on pretty much everything though if he's going to be taken seriously because as it stands he's probably our worst prospect.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #37
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Price is a ready made head liner though on the brink of moving on to the world scene with any luck. None of the others apart from Fury and Haye can say that, only Joshua would really spark enough interest due to the gold medal aside from those three, regardless of their talent. He wants a heavy weight head liner that can be positioned into world title contention and soon, Price fits the bill perfectly.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #38
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Price is a ready made head liner though on the brink of moving on to the world scene with any luck. None of the others apart from Fury and Haye can say that, only Joshua would really spark enough interest due to the gold medal aside from those three, regardless of their talent. He wants a heavy weight head liner that can be positioned into world title contention and soon, Price fits the bill perfectly.
He'd treat Price with the respect he deserves as a fighter aswell,all Maloney see's is ,read recently that he's worried about Price - Thompson,said Price could have done with a few tune up fights first .. his own fault for thinking about his bank balance instead of the fighter,the little rat.He can't wait to get the still in experienced Price in the ring with Wlad.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #39
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Price really has had some pretty shocking fights. It was just the predictability of it being the Skelton's and the Harrison's. At least Fury mixed it up a bit and took on Chisora then some other fighters from abroad even if they weren't top class pedigree, you know what you're getting with Harrison and Skelton and it's not good any more.

Hearn would have him in with someone decent as he simply couldn't get away with putting a fight on Sky against Skelton. Maloney is just looking for his last pay day because no one else in their right mind is going to sign to him with no TV deal.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #40
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Price really has had some pretty shocking fights. It was just the predictability of it being the Skelton's and the Harrison's. At least Fury mixed it up a bit and took on Chisora then some other fighters from abroad even if they weren't top class pedigree, you know what you're getting with Harrison and Skelton and it's not good any more.

Hearn would have him in with someone decent as he simply couldn't get away with putting a fight on Sky against Skelton. Maloney is just looking for his last pay day because no one else in their right mind is going to sign to him with no TV deal.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #41
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
Have been told David Price will be out of Contract with Maloney by the Summer.
Promoter or manager?
icemax is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 06:12 AM   #42
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Price would of been absolutely perfect I agree, I think big Pricey just see's Lennox and Maloney stood there with all 4 belts and thinks, he knows how to do it!

You cant really knock him for it, but its 2013 now.

Split side - MR could elevate his profile now, but will he still be a star or a champion in 5-6 years? Price wants a long run as the "world champion", he always states "when I become a champion I want to remain a champion".
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 AM   #43
nick_1204
Lil Floyd
ESB Full Member

When does prices contract with frank end? If i were hearn id wait until then and before price signs another contract, come in with a lucrative offer and a potential big fight against a top opponent.

Hearn has the potential to do it and it would be hard to turn down but he seems very loyal. I just dont see price being the kind of fighter to follow the money like most do.

He seems to be one of the few boxers in the world who cares more about the sport and winning titles than making millions.

I really admire his attitude.
nick_1204 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 07:29 AM   #44
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1204 View Post
When does prices contract with frank end? If i were hearn id wait until then and before price signs another contract, come in with a lucrative offer and a potential big fight against a top opponent.

Hearn has the potential to do it and it would be hard to turn down but he seems very loyal. I just dont see price being the kind of fighter to follow the money like most do.

He seems to be one of the few boxers in the world who cares more about the sport and winning titles than making millions.

I really admire his attitude.
Agreed, although it'd really be in his best interests to sign with Hearn, Maloney seems incapable of getting Price the fights he needs.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 07:41 AM   #45
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hearn should show a bit of vision and get this chap. Would be a great budget world class talent that's on the rise.
Manning is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum