Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
george66

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mundine called it before the fight - Robbery

He called it a r obbery before the fight because who knew he would lose on points.What a joke mundine is.Was taken to school by geale.
george66 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

IB & I scoring the fight live both had it a shutout 120-108...cant believe people crying robbery
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #33
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

if geale didnt land a headshot all night he still would have won with his body work alone. chocs ribs would be killing him today and mundine just wasnt punching.
all he had was that pawing jab and one good uppercut in the second round and THATS IT. he was fighting for survival in the end
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #34
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

even the germans couldnt have stolen that win from geale
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #35
slantone
Ring General
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2204

i thought the fight was closer than what the commentators did thats for sure. i had it for geale 7 to 5. he had it won simply for activity and workrate, but yeah, mundine was cleaner and crisper, but was flat footed and defensive for so long, that i couldnt give him winning rounds where he would jsut defend and then land maybe 3 jabs and a cross a whole round, while danny would glance about 15 to 20 shots , though not clean, were still scoring.

the commentators were disgraceful. thats what u call pre-judging. they were seeing what they wanted to see. oohing and aahhing at a danny flurry that didnt land anything, and basically speaking outside the context of the actual fight. its a shame because its an instance where it really coloured the viewing.

first time i watched it live, sound on- i had it 10 to 2 danny. second time with sound off, i had it 7 to 5. still a win for geale so maybe it dosent matter. but it was closer than what people will give credit for- nobody schooled anybody, nobody kicked anybodies ass.
slantone is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #36
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantone View Post
i thought the fight was closer than what the commentators did thats for sure. i had it for geale 7 to 5. he had it won simply for activity and workrate, but yeah, mundine was cleaner and crisper, but was flat footed and defensive for so long, that i couldnt give him winning rounds where he would jsut defend and then land maybe 3 jabs and a cross a whole round, while danny would glance about 15 to 20 shots , though not clean, were still scoring.

the commentators were disgraceful. thats what u call pre-judging. they were seeing what they wanted to see. oohing and aahhing at a danny flurry that didnt land anything, and basically speaking outside the context of the actual fight. its a shame because its an instance where it really coloured the viewing.

first time i watched it live, sound on- i had it 10 to 2 danny. second time with sound off, i had it 7 to 5. still a win for geale so maybe it dosent matter. but it was closer than what people will give credit for- nobody schooled anybody, nobody kicked anybodies ass.
Barry Michaels has been doing that for years in Mundine's favour.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #37
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Barry Michael is one of the greatest Mundine nut huggers the world has known and even he saw that Mundine was not in that fight.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #38
slantone
Ring General
ESB Senior Member

mundine was basically trying to slow down the pace of the fight, ala mayweather, and turn it into a chess match. but what he didnt do enough was land and lead . floyd is able to do this by leading, landing and clinching the fight down to his pace. mundine was flat footed and though i could see what he wanted to do, as he has aged, he didnt do it well enough to justify a win. but in the middle to late rounds he did turn geale and land some crisp shots that gave him a few rounds for mine. geale was really sloppy in the mid late rounds, hardly landing anything of value, but he was active as hell- like a young ricky hatton, and thats why he won them. the old adage, who would u rather be in that round is why geale cleaned up. even in rounds mundine may have landed cleaner or more, geale looked stronger, more alert and alive, and the more dominant in the ring. he looked like he wanted to be there, whereas choc looked awkward and uncomfortable for long stretches. his body language seemed to say- "why are u trying so hard- lets make this a touching contest- not a fight".

good fight. would nt mind seeing it again.
slantone is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #39
The Kirwan Kid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Since when does hitting elbows or a shoulder count as a scoring punch?

The commentary was abysmal, Choc landed the jab all night.

Geale was putting him under immense pressure and landed a few decent body shots and right hands but nothing to suggest he was a victor.

Geale's corner told him he needed the last round, Mundine's corner told him 3 more minutes until you're the champ.

Boxing off the back foot cost Choc a deserved decision. Offensively he looked off in the first round or so but he pinged Geale all fight with the jab whilst blocking the majority of Geale's work.

Travesty for boxing......

*On a sidenote I would like to highlight how lame Geale's attempts at showboating were, he looked like a tosser.
I'm guessing this is a tongue in cheek post?
The Kirwan Kid is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #40
slantone
Ring General
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Barry Michaels has been doing that for years in Mundine's favour.
thats true, well he found a new favourite nut last night.
slantone is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #41
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

20a87 your hero got owned last night.........3 cracks at a legit world title in Ottke, Kessler & Geale..........came up short on all attempts.........the king on interim b grade titles........just be happy with his b grade achievements.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #42
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
chocs ribs would be killing him today and mundine just wasnt punching.
as he walked into his dressing room after the fight, it looked like he was walking a bit gingerly. you may be right, the body work may have done some damage.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #43
makkat
Journeyman

How many times has Michaels been booed and bagged for bias for Mandy???

He sees Mandy being beat so bad even HE cant find a way out of calling it for Mandy.Total class as always for Mandy tho.lol
makkat is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #44
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kirwan Kid View Post
I'm guessing this is a tongue in cheek post?
You would be guessing correctly.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #45
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2524

The reason Mundine didn't press and come forward more was BecauseGeale would've knocked him out. That was made clear early - better ring craft and composure.
You could argue the scores of a few rounds but Geale controlled what Choc did and didn't do for 12 consecutive rounds. Despite a valiant effort the champ gets the benefit of the doubt IMO in the close ones. Shutout.
Nigelbro is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum