Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Mundine "I walked straight into an ambush"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
"I walked straight into an ambush, that is the best way I can sum it up," a shattered Mundine told Fairfax Media.

"I obviously had to knock him out. I knew that, I said before the fight that the only way they were going to beat me is if they rob me, but I didn't think it was going to be so obvious and I didn't think it was going to be so blatant."
Advertisement

Mundine also took aim at the coverage of the fight on Main Event and he received support from actor and friend Russell Crowe, who tweeted: "Geale v Mundine, bullshit biased commentary, bullshit biased result. Nobody won that fight. 15 rounds next time."
Mundine said: "A lot of people are saying that in the Foxtel commentary and in the highlights, it was all on Geale they were showing all Geale and favouring Geale. It was competitive but I won the fight, that is what has upset me."

The three Australian judges all scored the fight in Geale's favour, with Charlie Lucas scoring the bout 116-112 and Ray Reed and Tony Marretta both scoring it 117-111.
But Mundine said he initially thought the scores were in his favour, and described his performance as one of the best of his career.
"I thought I was dominant enough to get the victory," he said. "Honestly, I thought it was eight rounds to four - all day. That is why I was so buoyant after the fight but they took my fourth world title off me, man."

Asked if he would consider retiring after the defeat, 37-year-old Mundine said: "It is evident and it is obvious that they want me out that they want me gone but I showed them that I'm still here, baby. I am still the man."
Mundine said he would take time out to consider his options for future fights but was adamant that he still had a long future in the ring.
"I should have been champion, I should have been crowned champion, again for a fourth time but people saw that I have still got what it takes," he said.
"I felt I went awesome, I was fighting a world champion who is supposedly in his prime and he got all of the variables in his favour and I still schooled him.
"I was the one coming forward, I was the one pushing the fight, I was the one countering more effectively, I was the one that hurt him on more occasions and landed the cleaner shots, and then he was slipping but that was caused from punches.
"It was not just my jab, I hurt him with my right hand, I hurt him with my left hook. I hurt him numerous times to the body and to the head and he knows I hurt him.
"At the end of the day, when I looked him in the eye, he knew that he lost that fight and his team and his people didn't chant one time until he got the announcement because I was dictating."
However, Mundine admitted he should have done more to ensure victory.
"If I would have put the second and third attack, now I kick myself, I probably would have knocked him out. That is how dominant I was. I was hitting him hard and I was hurting him."
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mundine "I walked straight into an ambush"

get over it anthony. the judges decided you lost. the fat lady has sung. you cant talk your way out of it.

call out trout or GGG. they might fight you in oz to smoke geale out.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

i think geale worked him over so bad hes forgotten 95% of the fight
rusty nails is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

deluded
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
bruiserh

vCash:

That was hard to read. He's so delusional it's not funny.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Too many hits to the head fo rmandy if he think he won............Geale totally dominated this pretender.........bye bye mandy..........I certainly won't miss you.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think you guys are being kind on him.

Delusional doesn't even begin how ridiculous he is coming across. I know the Scottish have a chip on their shoulder, but Mundine has those Haggis cunts well and truly covered.
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
Giantcan

Mundine's hurt so bad he only recalls their first fight.
Giantcan is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #9
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

The funniest part was:

Quote:
I was the one coming forward, I was the one pushing the fight, I was the one countering more effectively, I was the one that hurt him on more occasions and landed the cleaner shots, and then he was slipping but that was caused from punches.
"It was not just my jab, I hurt him with my right hand, I hurt him with my left hook. I hurt him numerous times to the body and to the head and he knows I hurt him.
He was on the backfoot the whole fight. Hardly threw a punch and had no power what so ever. Geale was walking into some of his shots and nothing, not even a stumble. What a delusional fool.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What the **** was Russell Crowe on about as well?

Mundine got beaten easily. It wasn't close and it certainly wasn't a draw. If Russell was a real mate he'd be pulling Anthony by the sleeve and telling him he lost and to pull up because he was embarassing himself.

But then again Crowe has shown himself time and again to be an arsehole of a similar magnitude to Mundine so their friendship and sycophanty is understandable. Kindred spirits and all...
young griffo is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by young griffo View Post
If Russell was a real mate he'd be pulling Anthony by the sleeve and telling him he lost and to pull up because he was embarassing himself.
that goes for all his deluded fans. stop telling him he won. its no good for his health to keep fighting.

but hey, id love to see him fight govolkin. i dont htink itwould do mundine any good. but we'd get an idea of how good govolkin is....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

mundine is just upset that apart from losing the fight...he has lost the support base...his PPV numbers will never be as high again if he gets another PPV ? unless its green or for a WBF belt
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #13
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

The guy is got This bullshit inner child shit coming out of him all the time..and as for Russell Crowe he is just one big fukwit that is deluded as well..he thinks his a gangsta!
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by young griffo View Post
What the **** was Russell Crowe on about as well?

Mundine got beaten easily. It wasn't close and it certainly wasn't a draw. If Russell was a real mate he'd be pulling Anthony by the sleeve and telling him he lost and to pull up because he was embarassing himself.

But then again Crowe has shown himself time and again to be an arsehole of a similar magnitude to Mundine so their friendship and sycophanty is understandable. Kindred spirits and all...

Crowe showed he knows **** all about boxing. Only punch that cunt could throw would have to involve a telephone.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #15
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think that both Mundine and Crowe don't have any idea how a boxing match is scored. Somebody has to win a round unless it's too close to call, and it's obvious to everyone watching that Geale outpointed him. As a street fight taken over the length of the match you could maybe say "Oh it was even" but in a boxing match Mundine got dominated.
dealt_with is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum