Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default anyone think mundine looked in pretty good nik?

he looked his prep had gone perfectly.

his skin looked great compared to recent history too.

he looked great, its just geale was much more prepared and much more skilled this time around.

when i saw anthony's condition before the bell i was thinking he has a far better chance than most had been saying.
buster007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: anyone think mundine looked in pretty good nik?

Yeah, I actually thought it was the best Mundine has fought in years.
He was simply outclassed.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Yeah, I actually thought it was the best Mundine has fought in years.
He was simply outclassed.
Yep.
Mandy fought good, and smart. He didn't wear himself out, and tagged Geale with a few good shots.

Geale was just better in pretty much every respect.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

if mundine could still move around the ring like he did against green a few years back he wouldve come away a winner but he cant hit and move like he used to.
now he sits and gets tagged more often
bazil is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #5
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

I thought he looked shot to shit. His reflexes where 1/2 of what they used to be
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
I thought he looked shot to shit. His reflexes where 1/2 of what they used to be
Sure, compared to what he was in 05/06 - but compared to the last couple years, he looked good.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think his cardio was also impressive, he looked like he really trained hard.

I think that is why he is so pissed because he trained his socks off felt good but Geale frustrated him the entire fight.

If he was in that kind of shape (cardio wise) about 4-5yrs ago he could've won some important middleweight fights on the big stage
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #8
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

Still does a poor mans version of Mayweather...........even uses the elbows like Floyd does.......no excuses he came prepared n proved once again he's not world champion material.....case closed.....he should do the country a favour & retire for good so we don't have to hear the crap that continually flows from his big mouth.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #9
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Still does a poor mans version of Mayweather...........even uses the elbows like Floyd does.......no excuses he came prepared n proved once again he's not world champion material.....case closed.....he should do the country a favour & retire for good so we don't have to hear the crap that continually flows from his big mouth.
settle down mate....dont like him...dont watch....dont listen
bazil is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #10
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Not taking anything away from Geale's win (because he schooled Mundine), but I also thought Mundine looked shot.

He was standing very upright and flatfooted waiting for the chance to counter Geale but was too slow to take advantage of any such opportunity.

To me he looked very unsure of himself, very uncomfortable and underconfident.

I noticed he rarely (if ever) extended himself to throw his overhand right - instead he threw weak chopping rights and threw several punches that were very wide of the mark and looked a bit off balance after them. His best punches of the fight IMO were short right uppercuts when Geale was on his chest and hunched over.

Think about that - he couldn't extend himself from the back foot to throw overhand rights but could sit down and back to throw right uppercuts. That tells me he's got something wrong with his right hip/lower back.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #11
hammerofthor
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I haven't seen the fight yet. But choc looked as good as he ever has at 160, based on the pics I saw of the weigh in
hammerofthor is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #12
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
I think his cardio was also impressive, he looked like he really trained hard.

I think that is why he is so pissed because he trained his socks off felt good but Geale frustrated him the entire fight.

If he was in that kind of shape (cardio wise) about 4-5yrs ago he could've won some important middleweight fights on the big stage
Really? The adage "looks like Tarzan, fights like Jane" ran through my head last night.

He looked physically impressive but was flat as a tack IMO - "too much weights not enough speedwork silly prick" He came into the ring dry and obviously hadn't warmed up...looked like he was shitting himself during the ref's instructions, and generally looked uncomfortable and unsure of himself.

He barely moved in the first 6 rounds, just stood in the centre of the ring and waited for Geale to come to him and pawed out his jab occasionally.

I haven't watched a Mundine fight in years (apart from reviewing the first Geale fight a couple of weeks ago), but if people reckon last night was the best he's looked in years then he must have looked absolutely woeful in his last few fights?

He just looked worried and resigned to me last night...he kept taking these big sighing breaths later in the fight that made it look like he didn't want to be there.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #13
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Really? The adage "looks like Tarzan, fights like Jane" ran through my head last night.

He looked physically impressive but was flat as a tack IMO - "too much weights not enough speedwork silly prick" He came into the ring dry and obviously hadn't warmed up...looked like he was shitting himself during the ref's instructions, and generally looked uncomfortable and unsure of himself.

He barely moved in the first 6 rounds, just stood in the centre of the ring and waited for Geale to come to him and pawed out his jab occasionally.

I haven't watched a Mundine fight in years (apart from reviewing the first Geale fight a couple of weeks ago), but if people reckon last night was the best he's looked in years then he must have looked absolutely woeful in his last few fights?

He just looked worried and resigned to me last night...he kept taking these big sighing breaths later in the fight that made it look like he didn't want to be there.

Geale goes at 100 miles an hour don't forget.... previously Mundine would always be puffing after 5 or 6rds. Last night his fitness was great but couldn't pull the trigger more because Geale was the best fighter he has stepped into the ring since Kessler.

The Mundine of last night would've stopped Garth Wood in less than 4rds on both occassions.

Geale is a world class operator, people are underestimating choç performance last night but not giving Geale enough credit.

Mundine has obviously lost some speed but Geale made it look worse
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #14
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

I thought he gave a decent performance considering his opposition (or lack thereof) over the last 3 years.

To think the judges were anything but generous is a joke.
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #15
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
No disrespect to Daniel, but Choc is shot.
zoley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum