Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default after watching mundine v geal 2- second tim

There are some really close rounds- like rounds 1, 2, 4, 7, and few more!

8;4 seems to be a fair result but thats mainly to the fact that bumdine hardly got hit but also didnt throw as many punches.

The fight was a lot more competitive than on how barry michael descirbed it as an ''exhibition fight''

Mundine is getting older but geale also hardly connected with anything of worth throughout the fight and i think he won based on throwing more and controlling the tempo!!
pourya is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: after watching mundine v geal 2- second tim

I'll be interested in watching it again with the sound down this time
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #3
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

I wonder what the compubox stats would be like
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 AM   #4
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

rds 1 and 2 were clear Geale rds.
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

I daresay you're watching it with the luxury of hindsight, knowing Geale won, and are also looking for reasons as to why Mundine felt he won.

You can see whatever you want to if you look at things the right way
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
pinstriper
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Yea I would like to see them also
pinstriper is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Geale outworked him, outboxed him and outfought him.

Questioning the decision in this fight is just like Green questioning his decision loss to Mundine.
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 AM   #8
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Guys, get ****ing real.

Unless you were tanked, you only need to watch it once.

I haven't listened to any commentary, watched it with an unimpeded view from ringside 8 rows back and went in thinking Mundine had a decent chance of winning.

I have to say I was shocked when I heard the judges scorecards. Shocked that one judge gave The Man four rounds and that the other two gave him three.

He didn't win a round. Not a single one.

Mundine landed some nice right hands in round 7 but not enough to win the round.

Some of the media coverage and general commentary on this fight beggars belief.

There was plenty of room for disparate views after their first fight because so many of the rounds were very hard to score one way or the other.

Not this time. It was clear and emphatic.

If I was Real Deal Geale, I would be seriously pissed off that the judges didn't score it a shut-out.

I don't think the three guys who did score it will be getting any significant overseas assignments from the IBF any time soon.

As for Barry Michael, I haven't heard his commentary but he's long been criticised for being overly favourable to Mundine. Now you're saying he called it as a one-sided exhibition fight? If that's what he said, I agree with him.

Mundine showed good perseverence and persistence to stick with it, but seriously, he was way off the pace from the outset and never got himself into it.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 AM   #9
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
Guys, get ****ing real.

I haven't listened to any commentary, watched it with an unimpeded view from ringside 8 rows back and went in thinking Mundine had a decent chance of winning.

I have to say I was shocked when I heard the judges scorecards. Shocked that one judge gave The Man four rounds and that the other two gave him three.

Mundine landed some nice right hands in round 7 but not enough to win the round.

There was plenty of room for disparate views after their first fight because so many of the rounds were very hard to score one way or the other.

If I was Real Deal Geale, I would be seriously pissed off that the judges didn't score it a shut-out.

I don't think the three guys who did score it will be getting any significant overseas assignments from the IBF any time soon.

As for Barry Michael, I haven't heard his commentary but he's long been criticised for being overly favourable to Mundine. Now you're saying he called it as a one-sided exhibition fight? If that's what he said, I agree with him.

Mundine showed good perseverence and persistence to stick with it, but seriously, he was way off the pace from the outset and never got himself into it.

This guy knows his shit. Anyone who thinks Mundine won the first two rounds was wearing chocolate coloured glasses
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 AM   #10
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

mundines mother couldnt have scored it any better than 8-4. it was a shellacking
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #11
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Main Event are still living in the 1970's with their coverage...no compubox...no translators for foreign boxers etc.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #12
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Guys, get ****ing real.

Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 01:52 AM   #13
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Guys, get ****ing real.

Spot On.!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #14
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Guys, get ****ing real.

..never got to see the fight or a replay yet but that sounds a decent opinion..
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 AM   #15
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

I think if your generous you could give him 3 rounds. 1,7 or 8 and 11. But after watching it again I think thats very generous. Not that it matters the right man got the decision.
stiflers mum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum