Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #106
Sogoplayboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
Haye was spending 1k a week on food in the build up to the fight with Wladimir, if my memory serves me correctly.

What Haye eats is AMAZING!
What the **** was he eating?! A GRAND a week on food? ****in hell...
Sogoplayboy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #107
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogoplayboy View Post
It's quality not quantity.

Flying fish, some weird cabbage, some proper "outh there" organic food.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #108
Sogoplayboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

How the other half live eh?
Sogoplayboy is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #109
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogoplayboy View Post
Oats, Chorrella, Fruits, Vegatables, Brown Rice, Fish, Chicken: Organic.

No Milk, No Dairy, No Wheat.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #110
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Then the quality of the food didnt reflect the quality of his performance
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #111
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmanc1986 View Post
Then the quality of the food didnt reflect the quality of his performance
Clutching at straws or what!?!?
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #112
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Muscular Endurance is needed all over the body in boxing, why wouldn't it be..? Its common sense, and even if you don't really understand sport science just back observation you would understand this.

I don't know whether you was taking the piss Ero-sennin.

Maybe being sarcastic, maybe so.

Skipping is more of a motor skill exercise, but can be manipulated into anaerobic or aerobic exercise.

I used to refuse to skip when i went to boxing, thought it was a joke exercise.
I'm pretty sure cardiovascular fitness, muscle endurance and all-round flexibility would be far more beneficial for boxing than pure strength. All three are damn imperative.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #113
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticLeader View Post
I'm pretty sure cardiovascular fitness, muscle endurance and all-round flexibility would be far more beneficial for boxing than pure strength. All three are damn imperative.
There all important so is strength, would Mike Tyson be as affective without his strength/power. Power is how fast you can apply force in the shortest amount of time, strength is the amount of force you can generate.

There all important components of fitness for a boxer.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 AM   #114
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box4life View Post
The bit bout boxers mainly only need muscle Indurance in legs! WTF! U have clearly never boxed b4 u clown u try holding u hands up for 12 x 3mins. Stop reading after!

Pick another sport to criticise. U know **** all bout this art!!!
I know I laughed at that one too. Anyone who's trained knows that you will not be able to throw punches or your guard will drop if you don't have good endurance in your arms but apparently he "embarressed" me.

I think we can conlude he that contary to the argument being made in this thread that at least 90% of pro boxers do infact lead a professional lifestyle.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 AM   #115
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
I'm not disagreeing with that. Of course all the muscles are used for movements but what I'm saying is that for certain muscles, you wouldn't need to focus so much on endurance training. You would still be training the core, the back, and other muscles, but not in the same way you would train the legs and the shoulders. You would train the other muscles more for strength. Just my opinion. That's the way we did it, and to me it made sense. My coach sometimes made us spend 15-20 mins a session just on legs. Other body parts were not given the same attention. We did push ups to work the chest and triceps, of course we did. But we never spent much time on it. The legs and the shoulders will be the muscles that will be burning the most when you're boxing The first areas that fail, causing cramp and causing your hands to drop because you don't have the endurance to keep them up. When do you hear someone complain that their triceps are burning too much, when boxing?
Based on absoulutly no practical knowledge what so ever just an opinion which you have deduced in your own head yet you have written an entire essay critisizing world class boxers training methods. I know that training your upper body and your core is absoulutley essential for amateur boxing never mind pro, and I'll bet you now that every boxing who has ever reached a world class level has trained their upper body endurance.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 AM   #116
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
I know I laughed at that one too. Anyone who's trained knows that you will not be able to throw punches or your guard will drop if you don't have good endurance in your arms but apparently he "embarressed" me.

I think we can conlude he that contary to the argument being made in this thread that at least 90% of pro boxers do infact lead a professional lifestyle.
Read my response to him, jackass. Turns out he couldn't read. You should be sterilized.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 AM   #117
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Based on absoulutly no practical knowledge what so ever just an opinion which you have deduced in your own head yet you have written an entire essay critisizing world class boxers training methods. I know that training your upper body and your core is absoulutley essential for amateur boxing never mind pro, and I'll bet you now that every boxing who has ever reached a world class level has trained their upper body endurance.
Strawman argument from a dribbling ****wit. Not even worth responding to seriously.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 AM   #118
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
"For a boxer, muscular endurance is required mainly in the legs (which is why skipping is such a badass exercise) and the shoulders to keep your arms up"

Another window licker with no reading comprehension

the part in bold is also untrue, just for the record.
The biceps are also needed actually to keep the arms up and since you're calling this guy a window licker, please tell me, do you not realize that the arms are used during punches and some boxers throw over 1000 forcful punches in a fight? Parrying and absorbing punches with the guard takes endurance too, also if this area does not have endurance they have no power going into the later rounds. You have mentioned how many push-ups Darchinyan does, yet you have no knowledge of his leg work-out but you are saying he does too much on his arms and not enough on his legs.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 05:19 AM   #119
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The biceps are also needed actually to keep the arms up and since you're calling this guy a window licker, please tell me, do you not realize that the arms are used during punches and some boxers throw over 1000 forcful punches in a fight? Parrying and absorbing punches with the guard takes endurance too, also if this area does not have endurance they have no power going into the later rounds.
Hence why I said "mainly", which is not the same thing as saying boxers don't need endurance elsewhere. "For a boxer, muscular endurance is required mainly in the legs (which is why skipping is such a badass exercise) and the shoulders to keep your arms up". I did not say it is required ONLY in the legs and shoulders. What part of this don't you understand? Why are you so butthurt?

No I did not know that bolded part. I thought they threw punches with their dicks.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:56 AM   #120
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I concur,

But I will give my input as to why this happens, I believe a fight camp is one of the most brutal, mental & physically tough processes a human being can undergo, I fight MMA and my last fight seen me have almost a 12 week camp after a lay off from the sport of about 12 months. The camp hurt and hurt bad, the feeling is left in-printed in your memory, then once its all over, the little things you cannot do in camp seem like the most important things in the world!

The odd beer, some chocolate, heaven forbid a day off training! Well for some fighters this becomes obssessively excessant, and they take it too far, to the point were it damages there true potential.

Its the ability to stay clean while resting (as rest is also vitally important) and get straight back in the gym once the body has healed that most pro's seem to lack, ive seen it first hand, it happens, the word proffesional is somewhat of piss take used in this context!

Money in the sport breeds this complacency, would you see a Mexican boxer taking 18 months out of the ring because in his last fight he netted 6 figures? NO, because every day is a fight for them, and them 6 figures is giving his Family a roof over there head and food on there table, British fighters not fulfilling there true potential is down to money, I'm not saying they shouldnt be paid well, hell there not paid enough! its what they do and how they react to being handed that type of money!

For a vast vast majority of "pro-boxers" the gains are just not worth the pain, its a brutal brutal sport and its very difficuilt to break out and be a star, sometimes its not all about ability, the long game, the big picture, the ability to just keep going to the gym and get better an better with little or no reward for years! Its not an easy thing to ask of a man, its a lonely disorientated lifestyle.
thewinfella is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum