Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 06:04 AM   #121
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

This thread is probably hilarious to most pro boxers.
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #122
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nr Scunthorpe
Posts: 2,390
vCash: 100
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Whatever you think of PK, sometimes he talks a lot of sense.....
Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:19 AM   #123
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownCobra View Post
Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 AM   #124
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownCobra View Post
Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
If hes right about this what else will he be right about today?

Im interested to see anyway
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 AM   #125
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nr Scunthorpe
Posts: 2,390
vCash: 100
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmanc1986 View Post
If hes right about this what else will he be right about today?
The mind boggles.
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #126
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownCobra View Post
The mind boggles.


I keep imagining him to be someone famous, in the public eye.

"Why?"

'Because I think so'
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #127
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nr Scunthorpe
Posts: 2,390
vCash: 100
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmanc1986 View Post


I keep imagining him to be someone famous, in the public eye.

"Why?"

'Because I think so'
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #128
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,751
vCash: 2648
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Hence why I said "mainly", which is not the same thing as saying boxers don't need endurance elsewhere. "For a boxer, muscular endurance is required mainly in the legs (which is why skipping is such a badass exercise) and the shoulders to keep your arms up". I did not say it is required ONLY in the legs and shoulders. What part of this don't you understand? Why are you so butthurt?


No I did not know that bolded part. I thought they threw punches with their dicks.
well you said in the first post that Darchinyan is stupid because he does 1000 push-ups a day and he should concentrate more energy into leg trainning even though you seemingly did no research into what training he does on his legs. Also how do you know legs are the most important area to have endurance? that varies boxer to boxer and you have written an essay about it even though you seem to have done no research yourself, and then you have got angry and rude with everyone who disagrees with you.
iceferg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #129
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
well you said in the first post that Darchinyan is stupid because he does 1000 push-ups a day and he should concentrate more energy into leg trainning even though you seemingly did no research into what training he does on his legs. Also how do you know legs are the most important area to have endurance? that varies boxer to boxer and you have written an essay about it even though you seem to have done no research yourself, and then you have got angry and rude with everyone who disagrees with you.
1000 push ups a day IMO is overkill for a boxer. You don't like that opinion, then sue me. I'm not telling you to agree with me, but I've given my reasons why I believe this. That's just what I think. Maybe I have an obnoxious way of getting my point across but I'm not gonna apologize for having an opinion. I don't get rude with people who disagree with me, I only get rude with idiots who don't have the mental capacity to understand my posts and rush in with insults, just like you did, and that other clown box4life who also made a cunt of himself. I do take on board other people's views and have changed my opinion many times on this forum. You were the one calling me a ****ing idiot and assuming I've never boxed, and now you're complaining to me that I've been rude The **** outta here with that shit. Listen mate, this thread has had some good discussion. It's been a success, and Curtis Woodhouse liked it. You're the one with the problem so if you wanna have a pop, then have a solid argument, read the ****in' post properly and then try and reply. You come at me with strawman shit then what do you expect but insults? It's no wonder your replies to me got shorter and shorter because I ripped your earlier posts apart point by point and you had no answer. I even showed you that we agree on most points, Yet instead of having the class to admit you got me wrong, you were done finished with the thread until box4life said some shit and you started looking towards him for validation, until I pointed out that box4life could not read. I'm not getting mad brah, that was you. It's been fun. 9 pages of discussion, and some of the elite level posters have joined in.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #130
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashalasha7 View Post
This thread is probably hilarious to most pro boxers.
Thats probably very true!
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:48 PM   #131
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,790
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashalasha7 View Post
This thread is probably hilarious to most pro boxers.
There's a load of retarded badly advised boxers laughing right now i agree.

Laughing while starving, and running on a empty stomach every morning.



Or training 3 times a day everyday, and wondering why they prematurely age and suffer from chronic fatigue. Dehydrating their body and potentially causing long term brain damage.



In all the other sports, football, athletics, cycling! Non of the athletes or coaches in these sports quote boxers or boxing trainers for theories and philosophies on how to train/prepare.

Boxing has always played by its own rules, and has been dominated by mythical bullshit.

You only have to look at this thread, and i think this thread! consists of the more intelligent and less ignorant people on this site and probably within boxing.

There's still young teenagers out their restricting their diet! Being advised and pressured into retarded training routines up and down the country in boxing gyms.

Not all boxing gyms, but a large majority in my opinion.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #132
dempseys right
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

All this crap, i do love it when a boxer comes in cut to the bone, big for the weight etc, and fights a bulgarian ploughman in a 4 rounder ha, that to me is a sighn of not being capable of improving when the opposition gets tougher, body types have a lot to do with training, plus some get fitter faster, others slower etc etc etc, sparring, some men love it look great doing it, but cant replicate it outside gym, some have opposite syndrome, weghts, some stocky men like tyson m,dont need them, on and on and on, . class each boxer as an individual, and for the armchair trainers nowing what to do and getting your boxer to do it proper is another long story.
dempseys right is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #133
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
However, a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle, and a stronger muscle is a faster muscle because it contracts harder and you have to contract muscles to throw a punch. Kerry Kayes had the right idea with Hatton.
Nonsense, strength is primarily a nervous system adaptation. Muscle volume increases at a faster rate than muscle cross sectional area so strength doesn't increase at the same rate as weight, your strength to weight ratio decreases and that means you're a slower athlete. That's part of the reason why p4p smaller guys are far stronger and faster than bigger guys. Like any athletic activity involving power it is primarily the nervous system and the properties of tendons that make the difference, muscle is important but it is only a small part of the picture of movement. Tendons recoil producing power and without them you'd barely be able to get off the ground.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #134
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
You aren't risking injury using machines, because it's a natural curve of motion, and you aren't risking injury using 10 reps instead of 1 rep, because the weight is lighter (not that you can't add 10lbs a fortnight using 10 reps and still have a stronger 1RM, you can.)
You are risking injury using machines because it's not a natural motion, you're not activating your stabilising muscles (especially rotator cuffs) so you're opening yourself up for injuries. Almost everything you've said in this thread is idiotic, not surprising really considering your idol is Eubank.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #135
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: "About 90% of boxers in this country in my opinion, lead unprofessional lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
Some posters here need lessons in basic biomechanics.

Such as you, the irony is killing me here.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013