Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #556
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
I told a coworker of mine that I'd picked up some cheap creatine and she actually said to me "so are you like... starting a cycle?"
She's right. You gotta cycle creatine bro.
Smudger is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #557
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bodybuilder/model picks on twerps plus nutrition,experience, fitness advice share

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about gyno and testicular atrophy
Primate is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #558
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

When I'm old enough for creatine I'm just gonna blast and cruise with hcg.

God mode 24/7, 365 a year.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #559
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

Epic story.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #560
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Seeing as you guys know about the scientific side of it, would you say that their is even any real benefeit to taking protein supplements or creatine? Does not doing so put me at a disadvantage?

I don't really want to get into all that stuff but I'm not sure if it would hinder me at all.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #561
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
Seeing as you guys know about the scientific side of it, would you say that their is even any real benefeit to taking protein supplements or creatine? Does not doing so put me at a disadvantage?

I don't really want to get into all that stuff but I'm not sure if it would hinder me at all.
Creatine is cheap, safe and effective - worth trying. There are some people that are non-responders.

Whey protein is a very high quality source of protein that can be very helpful when it comes to getting in enough protein, although it's just that - protein. If you prefer getting a majority of your protein from chicken, turkey, steak, eggs, milk etc then there's no need
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #562
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Creatine is cheap, safe and effective - worth trying. There are some people that are non-responders.

Whey protein is a very high quality source of protein that can be very helpful when it comes to getting in enough protein, although it's just that - protein. If you prefer getting a majority of your protein from chicken, turkey, steak, eggs, milk etc then there's no need
Would you say it's easier to get the right amount of protein from natural food or from whey protein? As in how much natural food would you have to eat to get the amount you'd get from X quantity of whey?

I've also heard from a few mates that creatine is bad because it contians so many calories, carbs or whatever, is that true?

Cheers for the advice
Old 01-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #563
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Creatine has no nutritive value if you're just buying creatine monohydrate powder. Some companies sell a flavoured version, so that may have some calories in, but it sounds like they don't really know what they're talking about when it comes to creatine

Protein requirements vary based on a number of variables, but for most people I think they can probably hit their protein requirements from whole foods. It's definitely easier to get more protein through whey, since most powders are like 25g protein per scoop
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #564
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Creatine has no nutritive value if you're just buying creatine monohydrate powder. Some companies sell a flavoured version, so that may have some calories in, but it sounds like they don't really know what they're talking about when it comes to creatine

Protein requirements vary based on a number of variables, but for most people I think they can probably hit their protein requirements from whole foods. It's definitely easier to get more protein through whey, since most powders are like 25g protein per scoop
Thanks mate, I'll look into it depending on prices.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #565
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

I posted this in the other thread but here is a vid of me being shit at atlas stones. Hopefully I'll be able to do the bigger one when I get a better technique.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 AM   #566
Anglosaxon
FASTEST HANDS ON ESB
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

Been training hard, gaining weight but good muscle too. It's been hard to focus on a decent diet here, but I can easily cut weight and rip up within 2-3 weeks, so my weight although increasing has been decent increases. I have had 3 separate people this week come up and say I am looking a lot bigger than when I arrived, they noticed me without speaking to me when I arrived as they said I looked big then, so I am assuming I am looking a fair bit bigger now.

3 weeks left in Aus, then off to Canada again in March, how's everyone else doing?
Anglosaxon is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #567
cutthroat22

Alright guys I'm doing a charity even. Just set up a page, if you can spare anything even if its just a quid I'd really appreciate it and ill sponsor you guys if anyone does anything

Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #568
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

alright ****ers
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #569
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Alright guys I'm doing a charity even. Just set up a page, if you can spare anything even if its just a quid I'd really appreciate it and ill sponsor you guys if anyone does anything

What you doing for charity mate?
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #570
cutthroat22

Quote:
What you doing for charity mate?
It's basically a stair run up the highest building in sheffield as fast as I can, I'm just doing sprints up and down my stairs to train for it but I don't think it will be too taxing. I just want to do some good stuff this year like raising money for charity and giving as much blood as I can etc (I watched the video you posted on fb and plan on doing that this week)

Also VIRUS! thank you for the donation! very generous of you and I really really appreciate it. If you do any sponsored events I'll sponsor you for sure. Same goes for anyone on here.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing