ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: after watching mundine v geal 2- second tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
I wonder what the compubox stats would be like
it was close
clearly geale is throwing more but he is hitting lots of air and lots of gloves

the issues for bumdine was he wasnt throwing enough...

few close rounds and also few where geale totally outworked mundine.

geale deserves the vicotry but it wasnt what barry michael said ""exhibition match''
pourya is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 03:05 AM   #17
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonBlues View Post
Geale outworked him, outboxed him and outfought him.

Questioning the decision in this fight is just like Green questioning his decision loss to Mundine.
No one is questioning the decision

Geale won it and fair and square.

What im saying is that barry michael and the foxtel crew were totally biased in this fight.. after watching it the second time i think the scores given by the judges were pretty fair..
pourya is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 AM   #18
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
Guys, get ****ing real.

Unless you were tanked, you only need to watch it once.

I haven't listened to any commentary, watched it with an unimpeded view from ringside 8 rows back and went in thinking Mundine had a decent chance of winning.

I have to say I was shocked when I heard the judges scorecards. Shocked that one judge gave The Man four rounds and that the other two gave him three.

He didn't win a round. Not a single one.

Mundine landed some nice right hands in round 7 but not enough to win the round.

Some of the media coverage and general commentary on this fight beggars belief.

There was plenty of room for disparate views after their first fight because so many of the rounds were very hard to score one way or the other.

Not this time. It was clear and emphatic.

If I was Real Deal Geale, I would be seriously pissed off that the judges didn't score it a shut-out.

I don't think the three guys who did score it will be getting any significant overseas assignments from the IBF any time soon.

As for Barry Michael, I haven't heard his commentary but he's long been criticised for being overly favourable to Mundine. Now you're saying he called it as a one-sided exhibition fight? If that's what he said, I agree with him.

Mundine showed good perseverence and persistence to stick with it, but seriously, he was way off the pace from the outset and never got himself into it.
not really surprised.
Watch it again- geale also misses a lot of his shots....
good scorings by the judges
pourya is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 AM   #19
The Kirwan Kid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Guys, get ****ing real.

I haven't listened to any commentary, watched it with an unimpeded view from ringside 8 rows back and went in thinking Mundine had a decent chance of winning.

I have to say I was shocked when I heard the judges scorecards. Shocked that one judge gave The Man four rounds and that the other two gave him three.

Mundine landed some nice right hands in round 7 but not enough to win the round.

There was plenty of room for disparate views after their first fight because so many of the rounds were very hard to score one way or the other.

If I was Real Deal Geale, I would be seriously pissed off that the judges didn't score it a shut-out.

I don't think the three guys who did score it will be getting any significant overseas assignments from the IBF any time soon.

As for Barry Michael, I haven't heard his commentary but he's long been criticised for being overly favourable to Mundine. Now you're saying he called it as a one-sided exhibition fight? If that's what he said, I agree with him.

Mundine showed good perseverence and persistence to stick with it, but seriously, he was way off the pace from the outset and never got himself into it.
On the ****ing money!!
The Kirwan Kid is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 AM   #20
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Sandman got the beat .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:30 AM   #21
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Guys, get ****ing real.

x10
Sox is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 AM   #22
Likatiga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Guys, get ****ing real.

Absouletly spot on the ****ing mark mate. At the very best (and being very, very ****ing generous) Mundine could have got maybe 2 rounds. You could clearly tell by his body language between rounds he had zero idea how to deal with the barrage of punches coming his way. Kudos to all in the Geale camp as they obviously had a plan and he executed it to perfection.
Likatiga is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 AM   #23
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

...reach around for the
Sandman
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #24
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

just watched it again and scored only for punches landed.
excluding aggression,workrate and walking foward,just pure glove on skin.
ended up geale 8 rounds 4 mundine.
bazil is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 06:05 AM   #25
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
just watched it again and scored only for punches landed.
excluding aggression,workrate and walking foward,just pure glove on skin.
ended up geale 8 rounds 4 mundine.
That's nice but judges also score a round based on the aforementioned exclusions which Daniel Geale had more of in every round. Hence why most impartial observers score in the range of 118/119/120 - 110/109/108
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 09:23 AM   #26
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Agreed with the OP. 3 rounds to mundine. 4 if he's desperate.

Didn't listen to the commentary. Barry Michael is no analyst, he is a promoter. completely shameless commentating on any fight. that goes for andy raymond as well
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #27
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

Sandman has nailed it on the head.........enough said.
roscoe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum