Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #31
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Saying that he's one of the most vulnerable fighters in the game. That's extreme, very extreme.

Don't forget he's fighting at the highest level in his division. Rico, if that chin is so bad, please explain how he took Maidana's, Judah's, Peterson's punches. No chin is made to withstand shots. Why is that when we see knock outs, do we have to presume that someone's chin is weak? Yeah alright he's been KD'd before when he was a young lightweight, against mediocre opposition (with all due respect to them) but what did he do after that? Go up a division and face world level opposition and take their punches, but go back to the same old reputation because he's been stopped in his fight w/ Garcia.

Them comments are just based on general influence of what everyone keeps saying. He's nowhere near as vulnerable as you're assuming.

Virg says it well.

BORKED
what in molina and then cano
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #32
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Saying that he's one of the most vulnerable fighters in the game. That's extreme, very extreme.

Don't forget he's fighting at the highest level in his division. Rico, if that chin is so bad, please explain how he took Maidana's, Judah's, Peterson's punches. No chin is made to withstand shots. Why is that when we see knock outs, do we have to presume that someone's chin is weak? Yeah alright he's been KD'd before when he was a young lightweight, against mediocre opposition (with all due respect to them) but what did he do after that? Go up a division and face world level opposition and take their punches, but go back to the same old reputation because he's been stopped in his fight w/ Garcia.

Them comments are just based on general influence of what everyone keeps saying. He's nowhere near as vulnerable as you're assuming.
By the way, when I mentioned ‘chin’, I was referring to his overall punch resistance. It’s his punch resistance, a curse, that is below average and leads him into the tricky spots we’ve seen so many times.


Now, in regards to taking punches from Peterson, Judah, Maidana, etc, I wanna’ make the point that staying on your feet does not equate to ‘taking punches well’ (in my opinion, anyway). Judah was put into a shell and didn’t land much, so I’m gonna’ ignore him. But Maidana and Peterson, despite not knocking him down, did manage to rattle him and have him in trouble. The type of trouble they wouldn’t have got him in if he had a reasonable chin. In those fights, as well as the ones that’ll occur in future, you have to ask yourself:
  • Why is he running?
  • Why is he gassing and looking sloppy?
  • Why does he look so weak on the inside?
Well, I think he’s running because he’s just tasted a tough shot and doesn’t have faith in his punch resistance to stay close and get hit again. He’s gassing and looking sloppy because constantly running around, whilst taking tough shots to the head and body here and there, drains tremendous amount of energy from anyone. And he looks weak on the inside because not only can he not take a good punch, but because, as mentioned already, he’s wasted too much energy trying to keep his chin at a safe distance. Oh, and his punching power has diminished rapidly from all of those things, too.

That’s why, Laz, I feel it’s a curse and that lesser opponents -- who need only a good chin and good punching power -- have a great shot at beating him.

Also, it’s worth mentioning that for someone to have a weak punch resistance, it doesn’t mean he has to go down or be hurt from every single punch. A glass-chinned fighter can still show occasions of standing up to punches. It’s just that, when receiving those punches, there’s a higher chance of him being rattled by them. And Khan, during his fairly young career, has given us regular examples of being rattled not only against world class opposition, but against journeymen, too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Virg says it well.

BORKED

And that is an excellent video. Never seen it before, thanks for showing. He’s reiterating what I’ve been saying all along - Khan’s mistakes get magnified and overblown way more than any other fighter. However, the interviewer does kinda’ address why this is the case by alluding to the fact that those left hooks are the same shots that have contributed to all of Khan’s problems in his career:
  • Knocked down in amateurs
  • Knocked down by Limond
  • Knocked down by Gomez
  • Knocked down and brutalised by Prescott
  • Knocked down and brutalised by Garcia
All by left hooks, those. All created life-and-death moments for him – two of them resulting in the latter. So people have a good reason for mentioning his chin and constantly bringing up his flaws when assessing his chances in the ring.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #33
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Good, hope this means Khan't is gonna fight a decent opponent instead of a bum like Senchenko. Senchenko would be an easy victory for Khan't, something to get the media and the uneducated, simple masses hyped up sucking his balls again until the next time he goes up against someone good and gets unstuck.

Khan't is an okay boxer, but he's a good step or two behind the upper-echelon in his division yet the media give him all the hype and attention that really, should be going to much more talented boxers.

Khan't isn't even the best British boxer in and around his weight. I'd fancy Burns, Rees and Brook to clean his clock.
True_Hero is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #34
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,128
vCash: 500
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Lol at Rees beating Khan
mishima is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #35
chic
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Good. The fight is shit, not interested in a Khan UD.
chic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #36
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gay St Pierre
Posts: 8,188
vCash: 75
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

peterson has hooked up with GBP so that seems like the obvious choice, although maybe too soon for hunter and khan and they might go with an easier option
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #37
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London U.K
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 75
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Note it took a full on well timed, well placed(On Khan's neck) to floor Khan after 4 years of fighting after the Prescott KO loss.

If Khan had a weak chin he would never be in a fight with 3 World titles on the line in the first place, some people just talk shit on here all the time.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #38
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 75
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Too right, if Khan is resorting to fighting figheres of that cailbar he should retire already.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #39
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post
Note it took a full on well timed, well placed(On Khan's neck) to floor Khan after 4 years of fighting after the Prescott KO loss.

If Khan had a weak chin he would never be in a fight with 3 World titles on the line in the first place, some people just talk shit on here all the time.
Let's not pretend he was never hurt during those 4 years. Because, again, managing to stay on your feet does not automatically disprove you have a weak chin.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #40
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham/Leeds/azad kashmir(Mirpur)
Posts: 2,697
vCash: 75
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

if maidana's left hooks were anywhere near as hard as his clubbing right hands things would have gone different that night for khan. he's lucky that body shot took allot out of maidana early during the fight. And if khans ppl are looking for an opponent why not step up and win back you're own title from the man in my av
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #41
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,492
vCash: 412
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
if maidana's left hooks were anywhere near as hard as his clubbing right hands things would have gone different that night for khan. he's lucky that body shot took allot out of maidana early during the fight. And if khans ppl are looking for an opponent why not step up and win back you're own title from the man in my av
who the **** is that in your av?
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 PM   #42
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham/Leeds/azad kashmir(Mirpur)
Posts: 2,697
vCash: 75
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

khabib allahkverdiev the current wba champion who beat guzman recently
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #43
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London U.K
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 75
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Let's not pretend he was never hurt during those 4 years. Because, again, managing to stay on your feet does not automatically disprove you have a weak chin.
Getting hurt is part of boxing.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 AM   #44
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Hero View Post
Good, hope this means Khan't is gonna fight a decent opponent instead of a bum like Senchenko. Senchenko would be an easy victory for Khan't, something to get the media and the uneducated, simple masses hyped up sucking his balls again until the next time he goes up against someone good and gets unstuck.

Khan't is an okay boxer, but he's a good step or two behind the upper-echelon in his division yet the media give him all the hype and attention that really, should be going to much more talented boxers.

Khan't isn't even the best British boxer in and around his weight. I'd fancy Burns, Rees and Brook to clean his clock.
"Khan't"....Ive seen what you've done there. Very clever, you must be exceptionally proud of yourself
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:42 AM   #45
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 35,211
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Senchenko out as opponent for khan

I wish Khan would hurry up and fight, he is wasting his time, he has a lot of potential, still think he would beat Garcia in a rematch, but it looks as if Matthysse will be knocking out the winner of Garcia/Judah. It will be Matthysse Vs. Garcia, Matthysse by knockout!!!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013