Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #46
happydrinks
@elPrincipeFeliz
ESB Addict

vCash: 666
Default Re: Gamboa - doper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Shit is produced in your body, but try eating it for a week and see how well you are.
Will mate I think your account's been hacked by a literal spacker. Change your password or something will you.
happydrinks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #47
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gamboa - allegedly used PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnytightlips View Post
Man I ****in hope this isnt true.
When a sport has drug testing as bad as boxing does then this is really the only way people will get busted - through labs getting busted.

Same way Mosley got busted, pretty similar to Holyfield, the same thing that happened in Spain (although a cover up has stopped tennis, football and boxing being involved), same thing that happened in Vienna . . .
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #48
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

boxing is what cycling was in the 80's and 90's

rife with drug use
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #49
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

If this proves to be true I'll be extremely disapointed not to mentioned deflated and dis-illusioned!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 AM   #50
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

And don't forget Marquez' new strength trainer, he is an expert on peds...........................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #51
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I think we all just got to come to terms with the fact that it's in human nature to cheat some more than others!

If you need to take PErfromance enhancing drugs to be a winner / champion that's fine but deep down you know you arent the best! or cant say you are!

Improved testing and harsher punishment may help, but the cheaters will always be trying to outdo the testing and therefore always one step ahead....Its FACT Is what it is!
rampant is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #52
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

In almost every sport, the level of competition is so high and the monetary rewards are so great that everyone is seeking to gain an advantage over their opponents in some way.

It's not just PED's it's all kinds of other dangerous practises that really shouldn't be happening. I read something recently about sportsmen having their own blood injected back into areas of their body to promote healing or help an area of the body recover. That really can't be good for you.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #53
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

We were too harsh on big Larry.

He knew almost everyone in the game was juiced and just levelled the playing field.

Only a retard would believe that a BOXER who's life is on the line and is fighting against someone who most likely is on PED, and who has a family and kids to support, ISNT USING PED.

only a retard would believe that, especially in a sport like boxing.

Imo pac was juiced, jmm was juiced, Roy Jones, mosley, toney, Tyson, holy field, Trinidad, haye, Lewis, klitachkos, Floyd etc etc. Don't be so naive

The question is, which boxers do you think didn't juice? Would make a good thread actually. Most of today's crowd are on gear, and I'm talking about British boxers as well. There are a few obvious ones I can think of.
lirva is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #54
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You may be right, perhaps all the stars of the last 20 years in all sports across the board were "juicing" but there is no way of knowing for sure so it's just speculation based on the balance of probabilities, and really, no one on this forum can categorically say how wide spread PED use is in the sport of boxing. I definitely think it is worse in the states than it is over here though. British people have a certain attitude to sport, they believe it should be played hard but fair, I couldn't see Froch or Burns touching any PED's myself. Even in football it's that same attitude of fair play, anti diving, anti gamesmanship etc that really separates the Brits from the rest of the world. I am not saying it doesn't happen here I am just saying I believe it happens less.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #55
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirva View Post
We were too harsh on big Larry.

He knew almost everyone in the game was juiced and just levelled the playing field.

Only a retard would believe that a BOXER who's life is on the line and is fighting against someone who most likely is on PED, and who has a family and kids to support, ISNT USING PED.

only a retard would believe that, especially in a sport like boxing.

Imo pac was juiced, jmm was juiced, Roy Jones, mosley, toney, Tyson, holy field, Trinidad, haye, Lewis, klitachkos, Floyd etc etc. Don't be so naive

The question is, which boxers do you think didn't juice? Would make a good thread actually. Most of today's crowd are on gear, and I'm talking about British boxers as well. There are a few obvious ones I can think of.
Thats such a lazy argument without a shred of proof
icemax is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #56
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Grow up mate and use whatever intelligence you have.

I support big Larry. He got screwed for trying to level the playing field.
lirva is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #57
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post

no its not, the only name there i would consider being clean would of been lewis
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #58
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What is taken into consideration when you make that assumption though? Is it based on the balance of probabilities meaning "most people were at it so they PROBABLY were too" or is there any real proof or evidence linking them to PED abuse?

If there is no evidence (obv Jones Jr there is) then it is really speculation and not worth talking about as no one will ever be able to really know.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #59
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
In almost every sport, the level of competition is so high and the monetary rewards are so great that everyone is seeking to gain an advantage over their opponents in some way.

It's not just PED's it's all kinds of other dangerous practises that really shouldn't be happening. I read something recently about sportsmen having their own blood injected back into areas of their body to promote healing or help an area of the body recover. That really can't be good for you.
Yeah, taking out blood and re-injecting it is quite common and they do it for a couple of reasons.

They do blood spinning, which is where they remove the blood from the injured area and put it in this spinning machine that make the plasma (the part of the blood that encourages healing) rise to the top, then re-inject it. That's supposed to speed up recovery.

You also get blood doping which is used to increase endurance. This is where someone has a load of blood taken out of their system, then stored away. In the meantime their body reproduces this blood to get them back to a normal level. Then they re-inject the blood, meaning they have increased the amount of oxygen rich blood in their system.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #60
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
British people have a certain attitude to sport, they believe it should be played hard but fair, I couldn't see Froch or Burns touching any PED's myself. Even in football it's that same attitude of fair play, anti diving, anti gamesmanship etc that really separates the Brits from the rest of the world. I am not saying it doesn't happen here I am just saying I believe it happens less.
I really find it hard to believe that really has any impact. At the end of the day, regardless of their nationality the people who dope are ultimately sportsmen who have dedicated their lives to something, only to get to the top level and find out the doping is a massively popular issue - then have a choice to make to do it or not.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum