Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
Dowling85

vCash: 500
Default Re: Is anyone else frustrated with Fury's career?

I think he is being moved along quite well,taking in to account he is only twenty four.He has a good number of years left in the game and the big fights will come.Price on the other hand or Maloney should be the one's thinking about pulling the finger out.
Dowling85 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #17
Taylor2010
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
I've noticed a fair few on here that used to dislike him have really warmed to him ... he's really hard to dislike IMO,sure he can chat some shit but he more than makes up for it in other ways,that interview that was posted on here earlier is a really good listen aswell,he doesn't hold back haha.
Yeah, I never disliked him, just was a bit indifferent to him, but now im a fan.

When he was calling out Price from the crowd that time, 'and you, you big stiff idiot, you're gettin it, you'll need ten plumbers when im finished'

He cracks me up! and has improved as a fighter imo
Taylor2010 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #18
Jolly Roger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 132

I used to think he was a joke, a sloppy boxer with big ol' love handles, but he's got himself in good shape and it noticeably improving both in skills and mentality. He might be mental outside the ring but in it he looks calm and measured. Plus he's stepping up from domestic to world level, I don't see how anyone can have an issue with how things are going.
Jolly Roger is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #19
Espin88
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1229

Hes actually doing alot better than i thought he would, i was behind Fury alot at the beginning of his career i told my mates about him and the first fight they seen him in was the first Mcdermott fight after seeing that they all said he was shite, at that point i stopped following him as i didn't think he would get much further than that level.

A year later he shocked alot of people by beating Chisora and earned back some favour, but i was quite annoyed when he vacated the title because it was the fight everybody wanted to see and after watching Price's last couple fights i was very impressed.

Another year later Fury beats Kevin Johnson and looked to have improved alot it was like watching a different fighter, dominated the fight with the jab and looked in alot better shape. Definetly changed my opinion of Fury, i'm a fan of Price & Fury now.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
servo
England.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Like has been mentioned on here a couple of times - Fury is young and being brought up the right way. At the moment, in this division, all roads lead to the Klitschko's. If you're beaten by them, like the streams of other fighters who have, then the likelihood is you face obscurity for the rest of your career. Thankfully, Tyson has the draw of a potential big domestic fight in Price... but it needs to be approached properly in terms of his career. He's got years ahead of him in this game and the way he is being brought up can't be argued against. It may be frustrating at times, but he is actually starting to get some interesting opponents!
servo is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #21
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Agree with the others about him doing well,like Price also and cant separate them.Great for British boxing,best position weve been at the weight for years.As mentioned the winner of Stiverne and Arreola{imo the former}could be at the end of this year.Pulev for me a dangerman,no hurry but could possibly beat him in the future.Goes for both guys.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #22
ImBetterThanJoe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

fury has come a long way since the john mcdermot fights... and hes only gonna keep improving. definately one of the top contenders now
ImBetterThanJoe is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #23
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

The first time i saw Tyson Fury box i said this fella is a ****in comedy act!

Now look at him, like it or not he's coming on, my only gripe is the way he continues to dismiss Price, but calls him out or insults him every chance he gets!

But thats a personal thing, as far as assessing his career, I'd say he's on the cusp of world champion challenger level
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #24
McGuinty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
Kevin Johnson? Zzzz

Steve Cunningham? Zzzz

When is he going to face a real live-wire? A real challenger?
Both are better than anyone Price or Wilder have fought.
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #25
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I had no respect for Fury when he was turning up fat as a house and shouting his mouth off but since he has got in to shape and knuckled down he's been pretty decent and very entertaining to watch and listen to post fight!

He's a good character for the division, the only thing that slightly worries me with Fury is that he lacks that one punch KO power or that "sweet shot" that a really great HW should have. He is still young though and he'll grow stronger and fitter and probably improve his technique and maybe start hitting harder too.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #26
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

First fight I saw was the McDermott fight and I found it funny when he had become a contender years later but hes improved. REgardless of how you see him as a fighter he's pure comedy value and seems like a decent bloke when he doesn't talk shite.

As everyone said hes 24 with limited AM experience and has made decent progress, what he needs is to keep getting guys in who will test a different aspect of his game. Cunningham is a good boxer so I'm not going to complain too much although it is not a good fight considering the size difference and Cunninghams punch resistance. Maybe next get a less skilled but real hungry fighter to push him not just go through the motions.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #27
The Buture
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think he's been brought along excellently. Didn't spend too long on no-hopers, fought fellow undefeated and hungry fighters coming to win, has moved on to solid gate keepers. Normally would say he should have fought Price; as Groves and Degale proved, a loss to either wouldn't have hurt, but from what's since come out he wasn't in the right place to be taking such a big fight (son in hospital and admitting he was so out of shape etc).

He's now fighting respected guys who, if they won, would be in line to challenge a Klitschko. think Cunningham is a respectable fight for a 24 year old contender. Would still like to see him face a fellow big heavyweight though rather than just someone he can stick on the end of his jab without too much to think about in return.
The Buture is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #28
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Fury is doing well, but he is not ready for a Klitschko yet....................I think Fury should go ahead and knock Wilder out next, but Wilder will not fight a top 100 fighter, only a wino from the alley......................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #29
zulander
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Doing well. He did seem to be in a bit of a lull fighting well past it guys who were no threat like Madalone but the Johnson win was solid if not massivly entertaining if he does fight another fighter who has been in some big fights with experience and has some skills like a cunnigham then thats good steady progression and hey if Wilder keeps KOing people down the road maybe they can have that as an eliminator

At the minute Fury has wins over

Mcdermott - good solid english/british level pro
Chisora - Good level euro
and hairpin fringe world level

obviosuly then you have a filler likes of Nicolai Firtha and Marcelo Luiz Nascimento. They are learing fights for him. He just needs to be learning at the right level now. IF he was still around and decent id want him in against Sinal Sam...Maybe even Helenius if he fights against Chisora and gets a win??

Last edited by zulander; 02-01-2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: -
zulander is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #30
lozkina
Contender
ESB Senior Member

not disputing hes improving but so is Davey Price but at a much better level. I feel Steve Cunningham will give him a workout but will he really test Tyson ?, the guy is not a true h/weight. The proper boxing fan know who is the better man in this country and he knocks people out , Pricey.
lozkina is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum