Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #31
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Bush
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is anyone else frustrated with Fury's career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozkina View Post
not disputing hes improving but so is Davey Price but at a much better level. I feel Steve Cunningham will give him a workout but will he really test Tyson ?, the guy is not a true h/weight. The proper boxing fan know who is the better man in this country and he knocks people out , Pricey.
How can you say Price is improving when he has literally fought total waste men for his entire career? What evidence at all do we have that Price has improved? We haven't even seen him in a real fight yet as he has only fought cherry picked old men arriving for a pay day.

I am not saying you're wrong, perhaps Price is the better fighter, I could see him landing that quick one-two with the right over the top on Fury like Lewis did to Tyson and maybe he KO's him, but there is nothing to suggest that he has improved at a better rate as he is yet to fight anyone even close to Fury's level.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #32
zulander
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oldham, UK
Posts: 1,566
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is anyone else frustrated with Fury's career?

Price has beaten all the other british fighters out there of varying standards. Harrison was never really a threat, Mcd got smashed better than Fury did him, ***ton was won well but he needs someone who isnt totally shot - all his best names are well past it.

There isnt that much in it though but at least Fury does have Chisora and a few guys like that Brazilien who came for a scap even Pajic early doors. Price does need to fight some more live bodies who are coming to fight rather than spent 40 year old warhorses. The only concern with Price is will any lower tier fighters be able to stand up to his power to get him the needed experience.

Last edited by zulander; 02-01-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: -
zulander is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #33
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is anyone else frustrated with Fury's career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulander View Post
Price has beaten all the other british fighters out there of varying standards. Harrison was never really a threat, Mcd got smashed better than Fury did him, ***ton was won well but he needs someone who isnt totally shot - all his best names are well past it.

There isnt that much in it though but at least Fury does have Chisora and a few guys like that Brazilien who came for a scap even Pajic early doors. Price does need to fight some more live bodies who are coming to fight rather than spent 40 year old warhorses. The only concern with Price is will any lower tier fighters be able to stand up to his power to get him the needed experience.
Dont know unless he tries, he needs tp up the ante or he will never know / we willnever know and he will just get sparked out when he does eventually step up.
rampant is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #34
dempseys right
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is anyone else frustrated with Fury's career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
Dont know unless he tries, he needs tp up the ante or he will never know / we willnever know and he will just get sparked out when he does eventually step up.
Plan, price the 1 we want to succeed, fury, the 1 we want to fail, price easy route, fury hard, price preserved, fury wear and tear, eliminaters never ending. price brains 10 out of 10, fury brains 4 out of 10, ie should fight domestic level heavy price for 5 times the money he's getting for fighting better class ones. 2, though price has power,most heavys have , 3 he could get beaten shortly and payday kaput. 10 out of 10 price on the other hand knows this, wants his payday now, realises that to get in position to fight k brother he's very likely to come unstuck, he's wise. 1 see's reality, the other not.
dempseys right is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #35
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is anyone else frustrated with Fury's career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
Kevin Johnson? Zzzz

Steve Cunningham? Zzzz

When is he going to face a real live-wire? A real challenger?
i think he is doing well.. What do you think off Wilders opponents then... I dont really see what your getting at Fury is 24and only had 20 fights...
REEVO is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #36
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,422
vCash: 2666
Default Re: Is anyone else frustrated with Fury's career?

He really impressed me in the Kevin Johnson fight, moved well, boxed brilliantly and picked his punches well against a solid opponent. The fight against Steve Cunningham will be another really good fight, I like how Fury's progressing. I'm a big fan of Pricey, and have to say Fury is taking on the better opposition and has impressed me more to date
knockout artist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #37
dempseys right
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is anyone else frustrated with Fury's career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
He really impressed me in the Kevin Johnson fight, moved well, boxed brilliantly and picked his punches well against a solid opponent. The fight against Steve Cunningham will be another really good fight, I like how Fury's progressing. I'm a big fan of Pricey, and have to say Fury is taking on the better opposition and has impressed me more to date
Probably right, but all roads lead to a price fight, there is less money by far in a klitschko bout than a price one, k brothers greedy, ask chisora, in germany ko required to win, so whats tyson to do, totaly outclass them? if he looses shine goes of price fight, if price looses he's probably out of the job completly.
dempseys right is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013