HeavyweightCP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
McGuinty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: UK vs USA boxing

Would the Brit's ever take their heads out of their ****in arse?!
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #18
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Re-reading "Legacy of Ashes"-- Someone has to, right Wige?
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
USA fighters always get home advantage which is huge to. The lineage of each belt would be entirely different if the the fights were fought mainly in the UK rather than the USA.
Quit crying like a little bitch.

Fighters like Sugar Ray Robinson, Willie Pep, Sugar Ray Leonard, Hank Armstrong, Rocky Marciano-- and even up to today with the likes of Floyd-- are superior to anything the UK has ever produced irrespective of where they practiced their trade.

USA>UK in boxing. Get over it.
hoopsman is online now  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #19
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Re-reading "Legacy of Ashes"-- Someone has to, right Wige?
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuinty View Post
Would the Brit's ever take their heads out of their ****in arse?!
No, bro, because many have an incurable inferiority complex like Arran.
hoopsman is online now  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #20
DirtyDan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

USA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than UK in boxing. There's nothing to argue about, it's just fact. All of the UK's biggest fighters besides Haye and Calzaghe have been brutally KO'd or beaten by American fighters. Lennox Lewis got KO'd by shitty Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman, Ricky Hatton got KO'd by by Floyd, Khan got embarrassed and TKO'd by Danny Garcia, Froch got thoroughly outboxed and embarrassed by Andre Ward, I mean the list goes on. The only leverage the Brits have from the top of my head are Slappy beating Lacy, when Lacy is more famous in the UK than he is in his own hometown, and the SD win to Hopkins which many thought Hopkins won, and a brain damaged G Man.
DirtyDan is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #21
uraharakisuke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 759

The USA is just a little bit bigger...

For its size the UK does pretty well compared with other countries.
uraharakisuke is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #22
DirtyDan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
Just look at the difference of population. No wonder the US produces more good boxers.
The population argument again. Ok, so the entire continent of Europe has over 700 million people and the entire continent of North America has over 500 million people. So who produced more champions?
DirtyDan is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #23
DirtyDan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
This is about UK vs USA...not about USA vs Europe.
But if you want to compare US vs Europe. In total pro-boxing has much bigger history in the US. Pro-boxing is a new sport in the most parts of Europe (except the UK).

First time boxing was big in germany for example was 1990...so you cant compare USA with Europe. Just like you cant compare USA with germany in terms of football.
0_o Well I was told that the Brits created the sport of boxing, as told by my good friend Arran. I already said the the U.S is greater than UK in boxing, it's irrefutable. But you brought the population argument so I'm bringing the population argument as well. Europe has over 700 million people and North America has over 500 million people. Which continent produced more champions? Lol at first time boxing being big in Germany was 1990. Supposed guy never heard about Max Schmeling.
DirtyDan is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #24
DirtyDan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I know you would name Schmelling! Schmelling was a huge exception. Before and after Schmelling nobody cared about doing boxing in germany! The first time pro boxing became bigger as a sport in germany was in the 90s. FACT! There were no big promoters in germany producing boxing in germany and to support german amateurs. No big boxing event in germany ect.

The first time boxing was huge IN germany was with Universum and Schulz,Ottke,Dariusz ect.

And i allready said the UK is a exception. And i only compared the UK with USA. You were the guy who compared USA with Europe.

Comparing UK with the USA....there is no way you can overlook that population argument. Boxing has a pretty good standing in both countries. But the USA is much much bigger. So it is no wonder that the USA produces more good boxers. So now tell me whats wrong with this argument??

The UK is the only country wich has a big pro boxing history.
The argument is ****ing stupid. ****ing Puerto Rico has had more champions than the UK, and it only has a population of 4 million people. Mexico has over 100 million people while UK has 64 million people, and the U.S has over 300 million people. I believe Mexico produced more champions than any other country, correct me if I'm wrong though. So your population argument holds no weight. Fact is, the USA>>>>>>>>> than Britain. USA beat all of Britain's noteworthy champions besides slappy, although one can argue about that with Grandpa Hopkins.
DirtyDan is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #25
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyweightCP View Post
Both nations have had great fighters.

i have always thought the Uk has always cared about boxing more than the USA.

But through history has the USA produce better fighters?

is that the USA trainers have more knowledge?
The UK fighters are much more protected and they have Fragile Glass Jaws.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #26
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
USA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than UK in boxing. There's nothing to argue about, it's just fact. All of the UK's biggest fighters besides Haye and Calzaghe have been brutally KO'd or beaten by American fighters. Lennox Lewis got KO'd by shitty Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman, Ricky Hatton got KO'd by by Floyd, Khan got embarrassed and TKO'd by Danny Garcia, Froch got thoroughly outboxed and embarrassed by Andre Ward, I mean the list goes on. The only leverage the Brits have from the top of my head are Slappy beating Lacy, when Lacy is more famous in the UK than he is in his own hometown, and the SD win to Hopkins which many thought Hopkins won, and a brain damaged G Man.

Lennox Lewis 21 -2 vs americans

Ricky Hatton 6 -1 vs americans

Amir Khan 7 -1 vs americans - i dont count the NC vs PEDerson.

so you name 3 boxers of ours...and together they are 34 and 4 vs americans?

Last edited by Arran; 02-01-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Arran is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #27
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsman View Post
Quit crying like a little bitch.

Fighters like Sugar Ray Robinson, Willie Pep, Sugar Ray Leonard, Hank Armstrong, Rocky Marciano-- and even up to today with the likes of Floyd-- are superior to anything the UK has ever produced irrespective of where they practiced their trade.

USA>UK in boxing. Get over it.
all have home advantage! what happened to sugar ray leonard when he left home? he got his are whooped by duran!

how many times mayweather left his home country let alone his home town of vegas?

is that the same Sugar ray robinson who came to the UK 3 times and lost....3 times? once again..its easy winning all your fights in the USA with home judges, home refs and the mafia controlling the belts and refusing it to allow the usa where they have no control (talking some time ago in regards to the mafia)....leave home and your fighters fall apart thats why they refuse to leave like Mayweather.
Arran is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #28
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post

Lennox Lewis 21 -2 vs americans

Ricky Hatton 6 -1 vs americans

Amir Khan 7 -1 vs americans - i dont count the NC vs PEDerson.

so you name 3 boxers of ours...and together they are 34 and 4 vs americans?

Hatton and Khan were as protected as it got. When Hatton came to the States to fight he started getting knocked down and knocked out in savage and embarrassing fashion. Khan was getting knocked down KOed at British domestic level.

You crooked referees would give them long counts to save them. It was a farce.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #29
Quinton_Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

There was a thread on the boxing scene forum a few months ago, which listed all the world title fights of British boxers vs American boxers since 1990s and the Brits won my a significant margin.
Quinton_Mob is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #30
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post

Hatton and Khan were as protected as it got. When Hatton came to the States to fight he started getting knocked down and knocked out in savage and embarrassing fashion. Khan was getting knocked down KOed at British domestic level.

You crooked referees would give them long counts to save them. It was a farce.
the funny thing is...when it comes to title fights over the past twenty years when a 'brit' has faced an american...the british has more wins, thats a fact.....infact i may spend some time creating a breakdown just to prove it.

its hilarious...lennox whoops over twenty yanks...including the two that beat him...but those 2 victories mean more than lennox's 20+

we've seen what happens when americans dare leave the comfort of home judges, refs, fans and their cheating ways...they lose.

look at sugar ray leanoard and robinson, soon as they leave dixie they get whooped...mayweather is desperate to stay in the usa so he can keep his 0, why do you think he never leaves?

look at broner ''ill fight anyone anywhere....as long as its in the usa''

kahn protected? he was figing in another country after like 12 fights....the american cheats wont even take away Petersons confirmed cheating victory..instead they bruish it under the carpet like they tried to with marion jones and roid jones.
Arran is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum