Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: The Tiger vs. Mountain Man
Jirov on points 8 44.44%
Jirov by stoppage 1 5.56%
Draw 1 5.56%
Adamek on points 7 38.89%
Adamek by stoppage 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Cruiserweight, primes.

(2001-2003 Jirov; 2007-2009 Adamek)
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,196
vCash: 75
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Adamek via close decision. Couldn't be anything but a war though and I wouldn't be surprised to see either man hit the floor.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
Muchmoore
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

I'd like Jirov by decision.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
Adamek via close decision. Couldn't be anything but a war though and I wouldn't be surprised to see either man hit the floor.


Adamek I think had slightly more power at the weight; Jirov the slightly better chin.

Adamek more speed, Jirov more skill.

Both could work.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Near as I can tell this match-up has never been done on ESB (strange, as it seems an obvious attraction) but over on B-Scene they did a poll back in '09 and it was deadlocked, with everybody agreeing it would be a close war.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: out preaching for the church of benn
Posts: 6,427
vCash: 1054
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Near as I can tell this match-up has never been done on ESB (strange, as it seems an obvious attraction) but over on B-Scene they did a poll back in '09 and it was deadlocked, with everybody agreeing it would be a close war.
Yeah it's a close match-up

By the way is there a forum your not on
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post
Yeah it's a close match-up

By the way is there a forum your not on
I'm on most of the major boxing forums, but nowhere else as much as here.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #8
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

I voted draw, but would probably lean Jirov's way if anything.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: out preaching for the church of benn
Posts: 6,427
vCash: 1054
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I'm on most of the major boxing forums, but nowhere else as much as here.
I went on the scene for a liitle while but my sons computer started going really slow so I don't really go on there much . You on what used to be Budweiser boxing or saddo
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post
I went on the scene for a liitle while but my sons computer started going really slow so I don't really go on there much . You on what used to be Budweiser boxing or saddo
Might have registered way back, but don't use 'em.

I pop on Boxrec and the Scene once in a blue moon.

(and even check hook )
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: out preaching for the church of benn
Posts: 6,427
vCash: 1054
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

I tentatively went for jirov but in such a close match-up you would have to say in a trilogy it could end up 2-1 to either boxer or even 1-1-1
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Adamek via close decision in a war. I think he was a hair faster, a hair above Jirov in punching power, and just a hair better. The fight would be a definite slugfest that'd be pure action all the way through.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #13
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: out preaching for the church of benn
Posts: 6,427
vCash: 1054
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Might have registered way back, but don't use 'em.

I pop on Boxrec and the Scene once in a blue moon.

(and even check hook )
Yeah I only pop on saddo , and boxrec very seldomly . CH is good but this site has the fastest moving forums
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #14
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post
I tentatively went for jirov but in such a close match-up you would have to say in a trilogy it could end up 2-1 to either boxer or even 1-1-1
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Vassiliy Jirov vs. Tomasz Adamek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
Adamek via close decision in a war. I think he was a hair faster, a hair above Jirov in punching power, and just a hair better. The fight would be a definite slugfest that'd be pure action all the way through.
I think body shots might be a key for Jirov. He could dig, and even realtively light-hitting Cunningham bothered Adamek visibly with them.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013