Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #16
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Starting out at 31

Some states are also doing the whole corporate boxing thing if you want a taste of the pro fighting thing later on. Bunch of fat old guys without headgear. You'd be fine.

Go for it, man. I watched a 50 year old man with bad knees and a years training get after it with a young golden gloves champion in his weightclass and he did great.

Make getting in shape your first priority, basics and comfort your second, and before you know it, you'll be ready to rack up some wins.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 AM   #17
det
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Nice1, for all the positive feedback. Starting to train HARD now so i'm well prepared when i do get my first contest.
det is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #18
de51_jut

vCash: 500

Good luck bro, i'm 30 and want to start as well. However the biggest thing stopping me is my family. They have literally threatened to leave and have nothing to do with me if I take this seriously. (Parents included!)
de51_jut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #19
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by de51_jut View Post
Good luck bro, i'm 30 and want to start as well. However the biggest thing stopping me is my family. They have literally threatened to leave and have nothing to do with me if I take this seriously. (Parents included!)
What the ****? No offence (although this will sound bad even after that) but there's something wrong with your family.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

lol....crazy that in your 30s, parents can still be like that.

My dad thinks I'm too old and my mom can't stomach the idea of anyone wanting to hurt me. I tell her we just compete for points, not to actually hurt each other (which is an absolute lie, cuz we are literally trying to kill each other).

When i become the #1 or #2 lightweight in my association this year, maybe then they'll feel a little better about it.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 03:35 AM   #21
det
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

My mums the same, i just laugh it off. Better than boozin every weekend! Its more surprise with most people,shocked that im starting so late.
det is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 05:02 AM   #22
Deshaun

I`m 30 and began 4 several weeks ago with punching. never experience better in lifestyle. other people in my gym don't believe me im 30. i provided 100% every exercising because i believed i can battle. after i discuss with my trainer he informed me here in malaysia, you cant battle if you achieved the 30 decades indicate.
Deshaun is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #23
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

I had my first fight when I was 32, managed to fight 8 times in total. The problem with listening to people who say you're too old is that you'll regret it for the rest of your life, thinking what if. Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #24
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
If my family blackmailed me like that they could go and **** themselves instantly. I mean it's not like you're going to do something terrible like robbing a gas station, it's boxing for ****s sake.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #25
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Good thread. Im 29 and have signed up for a white collar bout in the uk in june. Im lucky enough to have all friends and family on board. Sparred for the first time last week and realised how much work i have to do but will give it my all. Hopefully could lead onto more fights.
knighty is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #26
123ko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

plenty of block & parrying then starring to make it real before competing
123ko is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #27
Kautilya
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by det View Post
Started boxing at 31 (7 months ago) after playing football (both 11 and 5 a side) all my life, and wanting a new challenge. I've always loved boxing and respect the sacrifice fighters make. Started in July last year, and its like a bug. I've stopped drinking (have a few every couple of months) and am trying to eat,live, exercise right out of the gym. I'll be in the gym 4-5 hours a week. My coach reckons i should go for an amatuer fight within the next 6-8 months. Are there any other late starters on the forum?? Most of my mates/workmates say i'm too old but not really bothered what they say. Close friends and family, and people at the gym say go for it, so thats what im plannin to do!
Well AIBA approved bodies have a age limit of 34 in amatures, others do not. Some kickboxing orgs have world championships for over 40 something people. Many of the competitions are not even full contact. I think this is one of those orgs based in US here is the website [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Kautilya is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #28
Kautilya
Journeyman

Dear God RDJ wear some pants.
Kautilya is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #29
Kautilya
Journeyman

Quote:
1. Go 2 a makeup expert. 2. Come back home with bandages and black eye. 3. Say you were robbed and beaten. 4. Say only if you knew how to defend yourself!
Kautilya is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #30
Kautilya
Journeyman

If the above does not not work. Start crying.
Kautilya is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing