Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #18496
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,492
vCash: 412
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
Yeah most likely but you never know.

This weeks ufc bets, picks & analysis

Singles.

Ian McCall 2/1 over Joe Benavidez.

Two of the best flyweights in the world going at it here, both coming off losses to the champ mighty mouse johnson. McCall did the better in his two fights, earning a draw in the first and losing a close decision in the second while Benavidez got badly down for 25 minutes in his title shot.

Both guys are good wrestlers with decent submission skills which should negate each other and turn this fight into a striking contest. In this area McCall has the advantage as the more diverse striker who likes to mix it up with kicks, knees & punches. He can also fight at range using speed of foot to dart in and out of exchanges or fight on the inside utilizing the thai clinch or pressing his opponent against the cage to use some dirty boxing. Benavidez always has that equalizer in his big right hand but he tends to get trigger happy which costs him activity and points.

At 2/1 McCall is some of the best value to be had on the entire card.

Damian Maia 13/8 over Jon Fitch.

Two top welterweights vying for a possible title shot. Both are ground specialists with mediocre standup, Fitch the wrestler, Maia the BJJ ace so this will definitely be fought on the mat. On recent form Fitch has had a bad two years, since drawing with BJ Penn in feb 11 he took a near year long layoff and returned by being knocked out by Johnny Hendricks last January. He bounced back by decisioning highly touted but untested Erick Silva.

Maia on the other hand was a top 5 Middleweight whose dropped down to welter and breathed new life into his career winning his first two bouts at 170 by submision. Its a tough one to call but going by recent form, size & the odds I'll take Maia but if your not sure stay away.

Edit, Francisco Rivera by KO over Edwin Figueroa when the odd are released.



Accy's.

Not going to bother analyzing these as there all straight forward favs who will win without problem.

Aldo, Overeem & Evans 11/10

Volkmann, Woodley 1/1

Hail Mary Accy.

Aldo, Overeem, Evans, Maia, McCall, Woodley, Volkmann, Figueroa 47/1
nice i think ill do the accys and the hail mary accy looks temptin haha whats the chances of it winnin its worth a tenner
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #18497
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,492
vCash: 412
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Juan Manuel Lopez is returnin today hes fightin some shit guy but surely he will wanna get rounds in he hasnt fought in nearly a year, its a 10 rounder and for over 4.5 rounds is 5/2
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #18498
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 542
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
nice i think ill do the accys and the hail mary accy looks temptin haha whats the chances of it winnin its worth a tenner
Its called a hail mary for a reason mate ha, but i did hit one once before so you never know. Both those accys should come through no problem espesially the treble. I'm loving Ian McCall, cant see how he losses and when the odds come out Ill bet on a decision win
brickfists is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #18499
T'ultimate
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I had PSG @ 1.83 and they've just gone 2-0 up.
T'ultimate is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #18500
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
Juan Manuel Lopez is returnin today hes fightin some shit guy but surely he will wanna get rounds in he hasnt fought in nearly a year, its a 10 rounder and for over 4.5 rounds is 5/2
Been stopped early though a couple of times mate, once against a 12-9. Might be a chance that even if Juanma makes a concerted effort to get a few rounds in this kid goes down to a bodyshot.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #18501
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,492
vCash: 412
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Been stopped early though a couple of times mate, once against a 12-9. Might be a chance that even if Juanma makes a concerted effort to get a few rounds in this kid goes down to a bodyshot.
yeah i dont think its worth the risk the odds should be better
i can see Juanma takin his time comin back from a ko loss but hes a hard hitter and the guys record is shit
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #18502
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,492
vCash: 412
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
Its called a hail mary for a reason mate ha, but i did hit one once before so you never know. Both those accys should come through no problem espesially the treble. I'm loving Ian McCall, cant see how he losses and when the odds come out Ill bet on a decision win
how comes u didnt just do one big accy of them 5?
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #18503
T'ultimate
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

LA Clippers -3.5 & Denver Nuggets -7.0
T'ultimate is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #18504
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 542
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I must be seeing things. Carlos Molina is 4/9 to Ko Spinks and 12/5 to decision him. He's only had 6 stoppages in 27 fights surely the bookies have it arse ways round and the decision should be 4/9 ?

What am i missing ?

Its on 365 btw
brickfists is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #18505
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 542
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
how comes u didnt just do one big accy of them 5?
Never thought about that lol will see what odds it is
brickfists is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #18506
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I think Juanma gets his man out there in the 1st 3, he really is a murderous puncher who i think will just wnt to get in there and do the business.

Brickfists, you not think Edgar coming down and Aldo struggling to make weight lately makes Edgar a bit of value? I can see a bit of value in the 10/1 Edgar ko, purely a hunch and a nice looking price on my part.

My best bets for the weekend are Ray Lewis 12/1 SuperBowl MVP, if Baltimore win and Flacco doesnt throw for 4 TDs then all Ray has to do is have a half decent game and make a few tackles to make the fairytale ending of the greatest defensive player ever riding off into the sunset with another ring and another SB MVP award, the yanks love a fairytale and this has a massive chance of happening, im on at 14/1 and 12/1, Ray Rice at 1/1 anytime TD scorer seems a tad big too, he carries most of the load for the Ravens and i would be schocked if he never seen the endzone on sunday night.
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #18507
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,492
vCash: 412
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
I must be seeing things. Carlos Molina is 4/9 to Ko Spinks and 12/5 to decision him. He's only had 6 stoppages in 27 fights surely the bookies have it arse ways round and the decision should be 4/9 ?

What am i missing ?

Its on 365 btw
Molina will not stop him i dont think, Spinks did manage to survive alot of rounds of Bundrage rushin him that is good odds definitely puttin some on that
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #18508
Bomber_uk
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 193
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
A Rugby League tip here.....
Wigan V Salford first game of the season the handicap is -20 Wigan, I expect this to increase soon, the Salford coach has come out and said that they will have to mainly play youngsters as they're in financial trouble (had to cancel friendlies recently and play in an old kit), Wigan are big point scorers can easily see them putting 40+ past Salford and I doubt very much Salford will score 20 points
Good shout mate, got me a four timer in
Bomber_uk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #18509
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 542
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
Molina will not stop him i dont think, Spinks did manage to survive alot of rounds of Bundrage rushin him that is good odds definitely puttin some on that
Me too, Spinks is shot to shit but still not gone far enough to be stopped by feather fisted molina plus he knows its his last chance so will give it every thing he's got, it wont be enough to win but should be enough to go the distance
brickfists is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #18510
Pecsaetan
It's egg in soup!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 204
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
A Rugby League tip here.....
Wigan V Salford first game of the season the handicap is -20 Wigan, I expect this to increase soon, the Salford coach has come out and said that they will have to mainly play youngsters as they're in financial trouble (had to cancel friendlies recently and play in an old kit), Wigan are big point scorers can easily see them putting 40+ past Salford and I doubt very much Salford will score 20 points
Took you up on this, nice one
Pecsaetan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013