Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #16
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Overeem put curtains up in the blackzillian gym!

Link doesnt work...
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300
Default Re: Overeem put curtains up in the blackzillian gym!

The big Kaboosh is coming !!
globeman is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Link to live weigh in inside....

The reem looked fleshier than last time out!
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #19
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Yeah, alot more meat on his frame... !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 03:31 AM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Yeah, alot more meat on his frame... !
That has to be close to a career heavy weight. I'm sure he and his team have come in heavy as he's fighting a guy who is close to a natural 300lbs. Overeems got his work cut out. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Silva KO's him by the 2nd round. Overeems cardio has always been poor and he's a front runner. Its doubtful the additional weight will help him at all. It certainly won't matter if and when Silva gets him to the mat.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #21
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
That has to be close to a career heavy weight. I'm sure he and his team have come in heavy as he's fighting a guy who is close to a natural 300lbs. Overeems got his work cut out. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Silva KO's him by the 2nd round. Overeems cardio has always been poor and he's a front runner. Its doubtful the additional weight will help him at all. It certainly won't matter if and when Silva gets him to the mat.
I think he was only 2lbs heavier than against Lesnar? Against Lesnar his bf looked alot lower than now.

I dont think he will have to worry about cardio in all honesty, I think he'll finish it standing in the first.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #22
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
I think he was only 2lbs heavier than against Lesnar? Against Lesnar his bf looked alot lower (in bf) than now.
His bf was probably around 8-9% for Lesnar. For abs to be visible like that you have to well under 10%. And for a man of that size and weight there's only one way to do that, plenty of hormones. You can see Overeem has clearly missed a few cycles and unless he was relaxing his gut completely on stage his abs were virtually non-existent.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Plenty of water retention here. Especially in the chest and around the obliques.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Conversely here's Overeem dialing it in. Granted his flexing but great symmetry, size, thickness and conditioning.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #23
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So although hes heavier most of that is down to water retention, he'd of been better off a couple of lbs lighter I think. I've never seen him so puffy actually.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #24
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
So although hes heavier most of that is down to water retention, he'd of been better off a couple of lbs lighter I think. I've never seen him so puffy actually.
Yup in between cycles or when you come off gear you loose conditioning, and any additional weight is usually water or just fat. Bottom line is the human body was not designed to be that heavy. Unless you're 8ft tall. And even then there's a natural limit as to the amount of musculature your body will put on. The reality is the human body does not require or need large muscles in order to function. Thus it can only be augmented via resistance and hormones.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #25
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yup in between cycles or when you come off gear you loose conditioning, and any additional weight is usually water or just fat. Bottom line is the human body was not designed to be that heavy. Unless you're 8ft tall. And even then there's a natural limit as to the amount of musculature your body will put on. The reality is the human body does not require or need large muscles in order to function. Thus it can only be augmented via resistance and hormones.
So assuming he has been off whatever for the last couple weeks, will he still perform as usual do you think?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #26
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
So assuming he has been off whatever for the last couple weeks, will he still perform as usual do you think?
Apart from the placebo effect, hormones as you know, don't give you skills. Likewise its very hard to definitively measure how much of a better fighter they can make you. In Overeems case judging by the success he's had since his move to heavy, considering he was an above average LHW but certainly not among the elites, its safe to say they've helped him immensely.

But i don't know how much they'll help against a natural giant like Silva who is Acromegalic giant, hence his large bone structure. Plus Silva has canned hams for fists and a great ground game. Overeem is no slouch. But unless he can take Silva out in the first or early second i don't see him winning. As steroids don't help with inherent fragility. Namely his chin and stamina which have both failed him during his career.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #27
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Apart from the placebo effect, hormones as you know, don't give you skills. Likewise its very hard to definitively measure how much of a better fighter they can make you. In Overeems case judging by the success he's had since his move to heavy, considering he was an above average LHW but certainly not among the elites, its safe to say they've helped him immensely.

But i don't know how much they'll help against a natural giant like Silva who is Acromegalic giant, hence his large bone structure. Plus Silva has canned hams for fists and a great ground game. Overeem is no slouch. But unless he can take Silva out in the first or early second i don't see him winning. As steroids don't help with inherent fragility. Namely his chin and stamina which have both failed him during his career.
I just watched the weigh in again, he is still in good shape simular to what Brock usually looks like imo, but we are so used to him looking like a bodybuilder that its suprising to see him like on the soft side. I noticed aswell some stretch marks around the front deltoids. I still think he'll end this in the first, cant wait for it now!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #28
Muchmoore

vCash:

I'd like reem to be about 245. 264 is definitely too big and he's losing conditioning and speed
Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I'm pretty sure Alistair was this size for the K1 GP that he won. I remember him being in the 260'a for that grand prix.
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #30
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Handed View Post
I'm pretty sure Alistair was this size for the K1 GP that he won. I remember him being in the 260'a for that grand prix.
He was big, but the thing here is he seems alot softer.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum