Old 02-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #61
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: best muscles to work out for punching power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123ko View Post
There is no Pacific muscles to work on for power ,,when you walk into a boxing gym all exercises should be relevant for speed , power , stabilized balance
shadow boxing is good to practice rhythm within the combinations witch then transfers body movement behind the punch giving maximum power from body weight

the punch starts from the legs to the waist which then relises the arms which backs up the fist
Actually the Punch starts from the Hip .
scrap is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #62
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Real punching starts with the legs. That's just the truth. Drive with the legs, turn into with, let the punch go through, and it'll have quite a bit of force behind it.

Do that explosively, with timing and speed, and you'll start knocking fools out.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #63
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Real punching starts with the legs. That's just the truth. Drive with the legs, turn into with, let the punch go through, and it'll have quite a bit of force behind it.

Do that explosively, with timing and speed, and you'll start knocking fools out.
Starts at the Hip
scrap is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #64
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Starts at the Hip
Can't tell if sarcastic crack, like "swings from the hip", or legitimate statement.

I suppose it can, but mine start in the toes.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #65
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

Quote:
Starts at the Hip
what makes you say that scrap?
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #66
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Magna is correct that the legs the most important part...quads glutes but even your calves get into some....

The thing is...if you are boxing..you should be doing heavy boxing workouts at least 4 days a week....that is your most important thing....the old school shit..the heavybag, the double end bag, the shadowboxing, the skill work the sparring...the mitts (which is kind of newish school). Than you should also be some kind of running...sometimes distance...sometimes sprints..sometimes a combo..i would say you should run at least 3 days a week.

So that means you have already worked out 7 times...now even if you are eating right, and sleeping well..you still only have so much engery that can go into the weight room..that means you want to hit your high percentage muscles first...legs, back (with the back you get some arm work as well) and some chest....trying to do 8 sets of bicep curls, and tri push downs, and multiple sets on chest...flat bench, flies, decline incline..all that other shit..your going to end up over training..or needing to take away from your sports specific training......

Basically you have limited physical resources....and your first priority needs to be boxing skill and sports specific explosiveness...followed by cardio (worse thing in the world is too gas out in a fight...that 400 pound bench press wont help you if you are about to fall over).

For that reason..I think a basic 3 days a week 5x5 of squats dead lifts and flat chest might be best..with a few other sets of things mixed in.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #67
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
What?
I work with professional athletes and I have a masters degree in the area. Who are you?
i bet your fighters have awesome twitching biceps when they get knocked the **** out
Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #68
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
what makes you say that scrap?
Hi Mate, everything in the Posterior Chain, is Triggered by the TFL, it Orchestrates, conducts all movement and ,. Singles the Bio mechanics of drive. We assume its the Foot, but its not. something of interest .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #69
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

Quote:
Hi Mate, everything in the Posterior Chain, is Triggered by the TFL, it Orchestrates, conducts all movement and ,. Singles the Bio mechanics of drive. We assume its the Foot, but its not. something of interest .
I have no idea what you just said but I beleive
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #70
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
dealt with if the triceps are the least used muscles. are they practically wasted space? my right tricep are much stronger and bigger than the one on my left and I'm sort of wishing it wasn't so big anymore. any possible way of making it equal like my left so I could have more room to put muscle in other important places like the legs, traps, back shoulder biceps etc?
You still need your triceps to lock out the punch, they aren't useless. Also the size of the muscle means that no matter how big they are they aren't going to add any significant weight to you.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #71
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
i bet your fighters have awesome twitching biceps when they get knocked the **** out
I look after a rugby team at the moment, I guarantee each and every one would leave your fat ass twitching on the ground
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #72
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut Me Mick View Post
Why do you keep calling me out?
I'm not, you said something that I felt I should add to. You made it sound like doing jump squats were dangerous when they're really not if done properly, you said doing them constantly will injure you. I said yes, doing anything constantly will injure you. I don't understand why you're being sensitive, I wasn't having a go at you in your first post either.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #73
death
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123ko View Post
There is no Pacific muscles to work on for power ,,when you walk into a boxing gym all exercises should be relevant for speed , power , stabilized balance
shadow boxing is good to practice rhythm within the combinations witch then transfers body movement behind the punch giving maximum power from body weight

the punch starts from the legs to the waist which then relises the arms which backs up the fist
what about atlantic muscles.
death is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #74
ROACH
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
Magna is correct that the legs the most important part...quads glutes but even your calves get into some....

The thing is...if you are boxing..you should be doing heavy boxing workouts at least 4 days a week....that is your most important thing....the old school shit..the heavybag, the double end bag, the shadowboxing, the skill work the sparring...the mitts (which is kind of newish school). Than you should also be some kind of running...sometimes distance...sometimes sprints..sometimes a combo..i would say you should run at least 3 days a week.

So that means you have already worked out 7 times...now even if you are eating right, and sleeping well..you still only have so much engery that can go into the weight room..that means you want to hit your high percentage muscles first...legs, back (with the back you get some arm work as well) and some chest....trying to do 8 sets of bicep curls, and tri push downs, and multiple sets on chest...flat bench, flies, decline incline..all that other shit..your going to end up over training..or needing to take away from your sports specific training......

Basically you have limited physical resources....and your first priority needs to be boxing skill and sports specific explosiveness...followed by cardio (worse thing in the world is too gas out in a fight...that 400 pound bench press wont help you if you are about to fall over).

For that reason..I think a basic 3 days a week 5x5 of squats dead lifts and flat chest might be best..with a few other sets of things mixed in.
3 times a week of deadlift and squat?

That sounds like overkill.

Also man, 4 times a week on the heavybag don't sound bad now, but I'll just say make sure you protect the shit outta your hands. B HOP is not the norm. I don't know how the **** he still does it.

Pascal was probably right. He probably is on PEDs. He got up and slapped Pascal though, so we all just took his word.
ROACH is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #75
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
I look after a rugby team at the moment, I guarantee each and every one would leave your fat ass twitching on the ground
ehhhh doubt it....but even if they did..id still rape you *****

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing