Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
darryl1914
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Why do I have this feeling that Canelo's opponent May 4th wil be...

Antwone Smith or Carlos Molina. Remember Floyd is going to be the Main Event....Canelo is only there to be a showcase. What better way to showcase Canelo than to place him in the ring with a fighter who has some decent wins but no real threat. Now I am aware that Fans (and even Canelo himself) would like a fight versus Trout. But that is too dangerous of a fight prior to a possible massive payday in September versus Floyd. Canelo and Trout are young fighters...so the opportunity for a fight between the two will be there.

Canelo should look sensational versus Smith or Molina, then call-out Floyd in the post fight interview...See ya' in September.
darryl1914 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107
Default Re: Why do I have this feeling that Canelo's opponent May 4th wil be...

Heh, it definitely won't be Molina! Molina whipped on Lara and Kirkland in most people's eyes. Molina high risk low reward at least for now.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Molina would be the last guy he'd fight. hes not a big name, his style is shitty to watch, and he'd probably school Canelo.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl1914 View Post
Antwone Smith or Carlos Molina. Remember Floyd is going to be the Main Event....Canelo is only there to be a showcase. What better way to showcase Canelo than to place him in the ring with a fighter who has some decent wins but no real threat. Now I am aware that Fans (and even Canelo himself) would like a fight versus Trout. But that is too dangerous of a fight prior to a possible massive payday in September versus Floyd. Canelo and Trout are young fighters...so the opportunity for a fight between the two will be there.

Canelo should look sensational versus Smith or Molina, then call-out Floyd in the post fight interview...See ya' in September.
Well if the goal is to showcase Alvarez then Molina is the wrong opponent. It's impossible to look impressive against this guy.
Son of Gaul is online now  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #5
darryl1914
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Molina's awkward style has given Lara, Kirkland and now Spinks problems....All Southpaws. I am not sure if you guys are overrating Molina or underrating Canelo.
darryl1914 is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #6
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Molina and Lara are the wrong guys to put Canelo in with if they're trying to hype him up as a star for a future big fight. Those two know how to spoil.
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #7
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I wasn't aware that Canelo would rather fight Trout. From what I see, he would rather fight anybody other than Trout. I could be wrong tho.
Manfred is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #8
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 250

I don't know who Alvarez can fight that's worth the risk/reward for hyping him for "the biggest PPV ever" in the fall other than Trout or Cotto.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 04:13 AM   #9
H .
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 218

this shit needs to be announced
H . is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #10
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001

Story of "Miguel's been bla-bla in sparring and has found new bla-bla" appears before Alvarez/Cotto gets announced.
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #11
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Molina is arguably the best opponent he can find.

He's essentially undefeated. We'll never know hoe the kirkland fight would have ended so that's essentially a NC but if Canelo faces Molina there's no way he'll walk out of the ring a champion.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #12
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Molina is arguably the best opponent he can find.

He's essentially undefeated. We'll never know hoe the kirkland fight would have ended so that's essentially a NC but if Canelo faces Molina there's no way he'll walk out of the ring a champion.
Finally some sense. I have said it over and over. Molina is number 1 now that PBF is clearly not looking to defend there and Cotto lost to Trout.

Molina is the type of fighter that dont give a **** how many KOs or amateur fights you had. He will go in there and put it on you. He gets alot of unjustified hate because he beat some highly touted fighters like Chavez Jr., Lara and Kirkland. He has a very solid resume. For sure the best of the bunch of the 154 pounders. The guy is as determined as can be and tricky as hell on the inside. I do not understand why people call him boring. He gets inside and it is not like he doesnt throw. As soon as he clinches you he keeps beating you up. This is mostly due to the fact that he does not have much power and it would be foolish for him to fight at mid or long range where he is at a power disadvantage. The dude makes due with what he has and makes world class fighters look average.

Canelo is not ready for someone this tricky. Trout is though and that would be a tough fight for both. Lara and Kirkland dont want any more.

Honestly here is how I would rank 154 right now.

1. Molina
2. Trout
3. Canelo
4-10 Lara, Vanes, K-9, Kirkland, Cotto, Rodriguez and Angulo(all in no particular order)
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #13
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Finally some sense. I have said it over and over. Molina is number 1 now that PBF is clearly not looking to defend there and Cotto lost to Trout.

Molina is the type of fighter that dont give a **** how many KOs or amateur fights you had. He will go in there and put it on you. He gets alot of unjustified hate because he beat some highly touted fighters like Chavez Jr., Lara and Kirkland. He has a very solid resume. For sure the best of the bunch of the 154 pounders. The guy is as determined as can be and tricky as hell on the inside. I do not understand why people call him boring. He gets inside and it is not like he doesnt throw. As soon as he clinches you he keeps beating you up. This is mostly due to the fact that he does not have much power and it would be foolish for him to fight at mid or long range where he is at a power disadvantage. The dude makes due with what he has and makes world class fighters look average.

Canelo is not ready for someone this tricky. Trout is though and that would be a tough fight for both. Lara and Kirkland dont want any more.

Honestly here is how I would rank 154 right now.

1. Molina
2. Trout
3. Canelo
4-10 Lara, Vanes, K-9, Kirkland, Cotto, Rodriguez and Angulo(all in no particular order)
The nuthugging is so strong in you... How the **** you place Canelo at number 3 in a list where he has fought none of the others is just the epitome of nuthugging.
Mamerto is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Scar is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #15
Boo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Was just looking at that myself..
Boo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum